+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Need guidance. I have got PPR and the address that it shows on the document Is not the one that I used as a correspondence address. It shows the current address which I mentioned while submitting the documents. Do I need to inform the IRCC and ask them to change it? Or should I just submit the passport?
My guess is yes, otherwise once you submit your passport to them, they might return your passport to the wrong address

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
What are some of the things that I need to do for softlanding?
1. SIN
2. PR Card

Is that all?

Also, I have some questions:
1. Should we open a bank account during softlanding or when we come back? I heard some banks have promotions for newcomers.. which banks are recommended?
2. Should we create a provincial health card during the softlanding? Or should we do it after we move and get a job permanently since we might move province after getting a job?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I predicted this earlier this year. Once the govt. closed the doors on Lamdas, they are gonna use asylum route because they are shameless and have nothing to lose. They have no skills to use back home.

Expect to see more of this in the coming year.
Game theory 101. Lamda grads may not be intelligent but they're street smart.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Maybe 0.00000000001% of the people. Reaching CLB7 in French will take two years of dedicated study, not easy at all.
If they study to crack the exam instead of focusing on learning the language they won't require anything more than a CLB5 (or even a CLB4). You can score way above your actual level as long you know the exam inside-out and strategize accordingly.

The biggest mistake people do when pursuing this French-for-immigration thing is actually learning the language. Learn the exam, not the language. Unless of course they want a non-IT Federal govt. job...

Reactions: wonderbly

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Are they really though? Because they chose the worst timing to conduct a stem draw. I really don’t know what’s going on with Miller.
I meant something better than nothing. The bigger picture I agree with you this STEM draw has screwed many. I know 2 STEM folks I know personally are in the 470-80 CRS scores waiting for the next OINP draw. Now they might not even get with the higher STEM CRS score set by IRCC which might reduce OINP's window. Some of them are in the age bracket problems also.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
1. SIN
2. PR Card

Is that all?

1. Should we open a bank account during softlanding or when we come back? I heard some banks have promotions for newcomers.. which banks are recommended?
2. Should we create a provincial health card during the softlanding? Or should we do it after we move and get a job permanently since we might move province after getting a job?
Get your SIN (You might need it for Bank and Credit card), address for PR Card, open a Bank account that is available for new immigrant's so that your credit history kicks in early. Most of the fees will be waived in the first year. I also got a phone number just to use my credit card (which I got from thru new immigrant offer). I permanently moved to Canada after 4 months of soft landing. I am with TD bank but most banks have similar offers. Just compare each one.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Get your SIN (You might need it for Bank and Credit card), address for PR Card, open a Bank account that is available for new immigrant's so that your credit history kicks in early. Most of the fees will be waived in the first year. I also got a phone number just to use my credit card (which I got from thru new immigrant offer). I permanently moved to Canada after 4 months of soft landing. I am with TD bank but most banks have similar offers. Just compare each one.
Thanks, so for the bank account, would it be better to get it during soft landing so that credit history kicks in early, or during the hard landing so that I can take advantage of the waived fees and other new immigrants offer?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks, so for the bank account, would it be better to get it during soft landing so that credit history kicks in early, or during the hard landing so that I can take advantage of the waived fees and other new immigrants offer?
If you can get it when you soft land, why wouldn’t you? Do as much as you can prior to your permanent move. This includes getting a chequing account and a credit card for newcomers.

TD and RBC are two banks with some good offers for newcomers.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
If you can get it when you soft land, why wouldn’t you? Do as much as you can prior to your permanent move. This includes getting a chequing account and a credit card for newcomers.

TD and RBC are two banks with some good offers for newcomers.
To be able to utilize all the fee waivers and limited time promotion maximally for one year when I hard land here? Is this a silly reason compared to building a credit history?

Last edited:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
During soft-landing. You will get the new comer offer right away.

Reactions: EscoBlades

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
During soft-landing. You will get the new comer offer right away.
Yes, I mean let's say I get a monthly fee waiver, but I am not even in Canada to use the bank account that often. I feel that I sort of don't take the promotion maximally..

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
My guess is yes, otherwise once you submit your passport to them, they might return your passport to the wrong address
I am not availing the courier services for passport delivery. I will have to get it by myself from vfs center. So that's why i was confused should i go for the change of address or not.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
1. SIN
2. PR Card

Is that all?

SIN is a must, the PR card is dependent on IRCC, you must have a Canadian address on where they can ship the PR card. Other things that might interest you: getting a health card, and porting your driver's license .

1. I never did a soft landing, I landed here and that's it so can't comment on that. Nearly all banks have promotion for new comers, but be weary of the bank fees they're quite high, especially RBC which can't be waived. I suggest getting one from the big banks to get a waived annual fee in a credit card, then open in the online banks like Simplii or Tangerine to maximize the bonuses they give to new customers, they're free and no maintaining, so it's essentially free money.

2. Depends on how long, if you're looking to stay in your first province maybe 2-3 weeks then don't bother, but if you're staying like 2-3 months, it might be worth getting one. If you live in BC they have a 3 month wait period on the health card so it may not make sense to get one in BC if you're planning to switch provinces anyway. Also in BC they won't give you a health card OR a driver's license (the actual card), without a PR card unless you have another valid ID like a work permit, they just issue a temporary paper saying you have a health insurance and a driver's license. And the PR card can take quite a long time, IRCC took 10mos to ship mine. Each province has their own policies keep this in mind when you get a health card / driver's license.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yes, I mean let's say I get a monthly fee waiver, but I am not even in Canada to use the bank account that often. I feel that I sort of don't take the promotion maximally..
You will get the fee waiver for 1 year. The idea to open an account is to have some sort of credit history when you land in Canada. Rentals need a credit history.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
You will get the fee waiver for 1 year. The idea to open an account is to have some sort of credit history when you land in Canada. Rentals need a credit history.
Depends on the rental unit, some only need a job offer letter. I got mine with no credit history, but I'm on a purpose built rental unit.