App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yeah, and its going to get worse and worse as oil demand does not recover or cross into triple digits. Qatar and Saudi Arabia aren't too far behind for expats. The 2000s to mid 2010s boom is over.
But it must be said that barring Dubai, life is still affordable, much more affordable in GCC compared to Canada imo.
I feel GCC oil demand should be back, short term at least. The push for EVs are waning as some automakers have quit or don't see a future e.g. Toyota, BMW etc.. Even Tesla has lost share prices and is now lowering vehicle selling prices. Other than Chinese entities none else seem to be innovating in EVs. After Trump becomes POTUS again next year traditional energy will be back in focus in the USA, but how long will be the question for another day. I'm sure it wont be for a very long time. already Toyota is moving to hydrogen Fuel cells. GCC countries are investing in other areas of development, let us wait and watch how all shapes up.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
These spurious immigration agents are trying in all kinds of ways, I was surprised when I read this yesterday. What is the urgency for these Indians to acquire Russian citizenship when India seems like a much better place. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-68366861

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
These spurious immigration agents are trying in all kinds of ways, I was surprised when I read this yesterday. What is the urgency for these Indians to acquire Russian citizenship when India seems like a much better place. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-68366861
Gujjus will always find a away to get out of India. They are second to Punjabis in terms of illegal immigrants from India. India is not what you see in the Media. Inflation has hit hard. High unemployment rate, not a lot of jobs. Media hides everything perfectly for the Government.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Gujjus will always find a away to get out of India. They are second to Punjabis in terms of illegal immigrants from India. India is not what you see in the Media. Inflation has hit hard. High unemployment rate, not a lot of jobs. Media hides everything perfectly for the Government.
But when I watch Palki Sharma, she makes it seem like India is heaven on earth

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I have never been to Punjab but I’ve had several Indians tell me that despite being rich due to agriculture, it’s a drug fuelled corrupt sh*thole and that the Hindi movie, “Udta Punjab”, quite accurately portrays the situation in Punjab. Someone from Punjab told me that there are no jobs in Punjab for people who aren’t interested in agriculture. Of course, this could be wrong as I’ve never been to the State. However, the odds of this information being correct are higher since I can visibly see the desperation of Punjabis. As for Gujarat, have no clue why Gujaratis are so adamant to get the hell out? I assumed that Gujarat was pretty developed.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have never been to Punjab but I’ve had several Indians tell me that despite being rich due to agriculture, it’s a drug fuelled corrupt sh*thole and that the Hindi movie, “Udta Punjab”, quite accurately portrays the situation in Punjab. Someone from Punjab told me that there are no jobs in Punjab for people who aren’t interested in agriculture. Of course, this could be wrong as I’ve never been to the State. However, the odds of this information being correct are higher since I can visibly see the desperation of Punjabis. As for Gujarat, have no clue why Gujaratis are so adamant to get the hell out? I assumed that Gujarat was pretty developed.
Its amazing you forgot the left leaning paradise and God's own country Kerala in the list. Keralites are also at the forefront of emigrating. From what I hear they are way more progressive with almost 100% literacy for past 30 years or so and have very good infrastrucutre and not to mention very equal society. Why will people from such a utopia will be at the forefront of emigration?

The reason is same everywhere. Money and perceived quality of life. Both remain major motivator everywhere and those who are better off are at the tip of the emigration everywhere.

Its not an Indian thing. Its a human thing. People from Hong Kong had been at the forefront of immigration to Vancouver for quite sometime in the past. To the point some people used to joke Vancouver as Hongcover. Hong Kong has been pretty decently developed and expensive part of Asia. So why? Same motivations... perceived quality of live.

If Mallu and HongKongers have been running to these parts of the world, why will Gujju be behind?

Reactions: DesiPikachu

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Its amazing you forgot the left leaning paradise and God's own country Kerala in the list. Keralites are also at the forefront of emigrating. From what I hear they are way more progressive with almost 100% literacy for past 30 years or so and have very good infrastrucutre and not to mention very equal society. Why will people from such a utopia will be at the forefront of emigration?

The reason is same everywhere. Money and perceived quality of life. Both remain major motivator everywhere and those who are better off are at the tip of the emigration everywhere.

Its not an Indian thing. Its a human thing. People from Hong Kong had been at the forefront of immigration to Vancouver for quite sometime in the past. To the point some people used to joke Vancouver as Hongcover. Hong Kong has been pretty decently developed and expensive part of Asia. So why? Same motivations... perceived quality of live.

If Mallu and HongKongers have been running to these parts of the world, why will Gujju be behind?
I wonder if there is data available on what percentage of a state's population are NRIs or permanently settled abroad.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Emigration from HK is not primarily for QoL. It's because of more freedom in Canada and lack of political persecution as well as threat of seizure of assets in HK

Reactions: Lord_Tony