Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I was wondering, like Africa or south America, are there not parts of India that were French colonies or something, If yes don't the people in those regions speak French? Like the Quebec francophones, we have a small Spanish speaking and very tinier Portuguese speaking population in the Philippines, legacy of the Colonizers, but the population is going down and almost vanishing, unlike the Quebec government there is no political interference to grow or revive that.
AFAIK, very minor in small silver of land called Puducherry with very small population. Will they retain french skills? Nope. Indians retained english skills because it has been unofficial official language of India even after independence.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
AFAIK, very minor in small silver of land called Puducherry with very small population. Will they retain french skills? Nope. Indians retained english skills because it has been unofficial official language of India even after independence.
Many shops have french names in Puducherry. People can understand french a bit, but they cannot speak fluently. My french teacher at school was from Puducherry.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Maybe 0.00000000001% of the people. Reaching CLB7 in French will take two years of dedicated study, not easy at all.
Indians will go to any extent for survival and French is least of their worries. If French test becomes the new normal to crack Canada PR, don't be surprised if Indians crack it easily. I mean thousands of Indians are learning Japanese and German for work visas, so French, a language that looks like English, is not going to stop ’em

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Indians will go to any extent for survival and French is least of their worries. If French test becomes the new normal to crack Canada PR, don't be surprised if Indians crack it easily. I mean thousands of Indians are learning Japanese and German for work visas, so French, a language that looks like English, is not going to stop ’em
I saw my teenage cousins speaking in Korean back in Mumbai for some absurd reason... So I am sure if pushed in corner, Many folks in and around delhi will learn french.

Reactions: RSub

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I have lived in Japan for a few months for work almost 15 years back it is not pleasant working there without speaking in Japanese.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I'm a native french speaker and yeah surely both use latin letters, but god knows how easy is English compared to french. But again with A LOOOT of practice and perseverance, people may reach an acceptable level within a year's time frame.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have lived in Japan for a few months for work almost 15 years back it is not pleasant working there without speaking in Japanese.
We parts of Tamil Nadu, India where people actively learn Japanese to work with automobile industry over there. Lots of cooperation with Japanese companies.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
finally left Canada after completing 400 days. For good or not, I don't know, but already feeling much much better because I am not under the constant stress of making ends meet. I thought Indian government was the most corrupt and incompetent in the world, I was really wrong, Canada may not be number one but its definitely up there.
What a mismanaged shit show.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Like @GandiBaat mentioned, I come from the Chennai where Japanese automakers have huge presence. My college mates work for these Japanese automakers. Most of them speak some Japanese and they all learnt it quickly. Only reason is survival.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
finally left Canada after completing 400 days. For good or not, I don't know, but already feeling much much better because I am not under the constant stress of making ends meet. I thought Indian government was the most corrupt and incompetent in the world, I was really wrong, Canada may not be number one but its definitely up there.
What a mismanaged shit show.
Where have you moved to now?