+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Just go back to India and build your career there. Salaries have gone up drastically and you will be saving way more there than any of these western countries where cost of living is insanely high for no reason and from my personal experience, quality of life worse in worse some aspects. So much so called "developed" countries.
Depends on where you are ,yes when compared to Canada you are right but comparing to US No ,I left india because of certain reasons I seriously don't like too much crowd ,you know how india is in that aspect, second is govt I am talking about state govt ,my state has turned into a living hell where Noone wants to live and people even moving to countries which I have not even heard just ab small incident "a six yr old was raped and killed in my state and what is that criminalwho didthis to her doing he walks scott free and try to murder the girls father as well why becausehe belongs to the ruling party do you really think I want to raise my kids there especially when I have an option i am not sayingwhole india is bad or anything or canada is some wonderland but atleast law and order is in place .Indian work culture is toxic as f I have worked there ,I went to india recently I saw how people are treated honestly it has turned worse when I left it was not this bad .India might be great in the future but in the sizable 10 yrs I Don't think a lot gonna change ,yes a lot has developed in last 10 yrs no doubt hopefully this progress continues.
Australia is expensive there is no question in that today I am in a forum I saw atleast 3 people from my place asking about how to migrate to AUS from Canada ,US if I get a opportunity yes but it is not easy that is for sure and as you know as I am an indian immigrationwill be messed up otherwise wouldhave stayed there when I look back I regret i shouldhave stayed there ,UK even if someone gives the passport for free no thanks then last is Aus ,EU language barrier the so I Don't want to go there as well ,middle east my wife is not interested.
My wife if she tries it is not difficult for her to move to Aus so I am not much worried about PR,I don't know if you ask me a specific reason I can't even give you may be weather I can't live here in canada it is too much for me ,I can't sit inside a room for 6 months /yr and shovel snow,I agree though india is a good option I am not disagreeing,I will go back but not any time soon.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Depends on where you are ,yes when compared to Canada you are right but comparing to US No ,I left india because of certain reasons I seriously don't like too much crowd ,you know how india is in that aspect, second is govt I am talking about state govt ,my state has turned into a living hell where Noone wants to live and people even moving to countries which I have not even heard just ab small incident "a six yr old was raped and killed in my state and what is that criminalwho didthis to her doing he walks scott free and try to murder the girls father as well why becausehe belongs to the ruling party do you really think I want to raise my kids there especially when I have an option i am not sayingwhole india is bad or anything or canada is some wonderland but atleast law and order is in place .Indian work culture is toxic as f I have worked there ,I went to india recently I saw how people are treated honestly it has turned worse when I left it was not this bad .India might be great in the future but in the sizable 10 yrs I Don't think a lot gonna change ,yes a lot has developed in last 10 yrs no doubt hopefully this progress continues.
Australia is expensive there is no question in that today I am in a forum I saw atleast 3 people from my place asking about how to migrate to AUS from Canada ,US if I get a opportunity yes but it is not easy that is for sure and as you know as I am an indian immigrationwill be messed up otherwise wouldhave stayed there when I look back I regret i shouldhave stayed there ,UK even if someone gives the passport for free no thanks then last is Aus ,EU language barrier the so I Don't want to go there as well ,middle east my wife is not interested.
My wife if she tries it is not difficult for her to move to Aus so I am not much worried about PR,I don't know if you ask me a specific reason I can't even give you may be weather I can't live here in canada it is too much for me ,I can't sit inside a room for 6 months /yr and shovel snow,I agree though india is a good option I am not disagreeing,I will go back but not any time soon.
I’m glad I didn’t go on the whole Alberta bandwagon everyone was in few years ago. Sure housing is cheaper but there’s absolutely no jobs until you can find something remote.

Also, you moved from Texas to Calgary, one of the coldest transitions one could make. In US I was in North East, so Toronto wasn’t too bad. Plus downtown is way more lively. Have heard Calgary is dead after certain time. Way more supply chain jobs in Ontario. Most MNCs are located here

Reactions: Lord_Tony

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I’m glad I didn’t go on the whole Alberta bandwagon everyone was in few years ago. Sure housing is cheaper but there’s absolutely no jobs until you can find something remote.

Also, you moved from Texas to Calgary, one of the coldest transitions one could make. In US I was in North East, so Toronto wasn’t too bad. Plus downtown is way more lively. Have heard Calgary is dead after certain time. Way more supply chain jobs in Ontario. Most MNCs are located here
I didn't go the bandwagon, it was because at that time that was only thing I could afford, now the rent is almost the same when you are a new comer burning cash didn't seem like a good idea for me but here atleast for me there is nothing here ,people are very unfriendly here and more over everything is damn expensive for a garbage room I am paying 800$ when I looked in torronto for that same kind of room it is the Same I mean at a reasonable distance. Here rents are again gonna increase so when I look at a bigger picture there is not much difference atleast in Torronto like you said I can work the job which I want the possibilities are more ,here lol.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

If one can get a job in Calgary, the "downtown vibe" is I guess more of a personal choice. I love how easy it is to go from one side of the city to another without spending an hour in traffic. A lot of inter-country migrants say that people of Calgary are friendly compared to Toronto and Vancouver. I've seen the same thing(at least in the NW part of Calgary).

Pizza is horrible here though. Even the "best ones" are meh at best! That's my #1 complaint so far :D

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I didn't go the bandwagon, it was because at that time that was only thing I could afford, now the rent is almost the same when you are a new comer burning cash didn't seem like a good idea for me but here atleast for me there is nothing here ,people are very unfriendly here and more over everything is damn expensive for a garbage room I am paying 800$ when I looked in torronto for that same kind of room it is the Same I mean at a reasonable distance. Here rents are again gonna increase so when I look at a bigger picture there is not much difference atleast in Torronto like you said I can work the job which I want the possibilities are more here lol.
No rent control here means that rents are going to go very high this summer.

Your and mine are very contrasting experiences haha! I just wrote above that people are "friendly" here. I don't frequent NE apart for eating though, is it that? :D I've also noticed the same thing in Chestermere too, where people don't talk to each other and the town appears to be spooky at best.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
If one can get a job in Calgary, the "downtown vibe" is I guess more of a personal choice. I love how easy it is to go from one side of the city to another without spending an hour in traffic. A lot of inter-country migrants say that people of Calgary are friendly compared to Toronto and Vancouver. I've seen the same thing(at least in the NW part of Calgary).

Pizza is horrible here though. Even the "best ones" are meh at best! That's my #1 complaint so far :D
You are right NW is fine but issue is you don't even see people and I live in NW .I was was working in an amazing company but due to some issues it has turned into crap and almost every one who is good for something left,I won't give too much info as I am still working there.
The prob was I lived with a trash landlord in the beginning again because to control my expenses but the yr was horrible but now it's fine but again obviously when you pay more it is always good.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
You will not be saving anything if you just keep moving around. One thing I have understood is you cannot retire in a western country, you will have to move back at some point so it's best to do that now. Canada and all western countries are overrated AF.

Reactions: RSub and Lord_Tony

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
You will not be saving anything if you just keep moving around. One thing I have understood is you cannot retire in a western country, you will have to move back at some point so it's best to do that now. Canada and all western countries are overrated AF.
That saving part is only holding me back and you are right you cannot retire in any western country, Canada is definitely overrated .I can definitely agree with that .
What scares me about living in canada is if it going at this rate soon it will be like UK and you will reach a point where there is no comeback, I am in one of the immigration forums in Australia 70% of the people asking is from UK and 10-20% from canada how to escape. If you think canada is bad UK is in another league. If JT wins the next election and I don't get any where I will happily move back unless some miracle happens in my life
Are you still in canada or did you leave ?

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I didn't go the bandwagon, it was because at that time that was only thing I could afford, now the rent is almost the same when you are a new comer burning cash didn't seem like a good idea for me but here atleast for me there is nothing here ,people are very unfriendly here and more over everything is damn expensive for a garbage room I am paying 800$ when I looked in torronto for that same kind of room it is the Same I mean at a reasonable distance. Here rents are again gonna increase so when I look at a bigger picture there is not much difference atleast in Torronto like you said I can work the job which I want the possibilities are more ,here lol.
I'm a rent controlled house. Got a covid deal and yearly max increase of 2.5%. Unless, I'm buying a house/condo, I aint moving out lol. Paying 850/month (ea) for a decently sized 2 bedroom (w friend) at the heart of downtown.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Funny you say that. Things are getting really expensive in my home country compared to 7 years ago and its only an upper middle income country. In 20 years they aim to become developed and labor cost would probably get expensive (good for the people) by the time I retire.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
That saving part is only holding me back and you are right you cannot retire in any western country, Canada is definitely overrated .I can definitely agree with that .
What scares me about living in canada is if it going at this rate soon it will be like UK and you will reach a point where there is no comeback, I am in one of the immigration forums in Australia 70% of the people asking is from UK and 10-20% from canada how to escape. If you think canada is bad UK is in another league. If JT wins the next election and I don't get any where I will happily move back unless some miracle happens in my life
I have also noticed many people from UK all trying to migrate to Canada or Australia recently pretty much in all forums. Situation is hella bad there. Soon it will come here too until we vote this motherchode Trudeau out

• Haha
Reactions: PRANIT01

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I need to wait till I get my tax refund which will be around April so will leave in May.

Funny you say that. Things are getting really expensive in my home country compared to 7 years ago and its only an upper middle income country. In 20 years they aim to become developed and labor cost would probably get expensive (good for the people) by the time I retire.
I was talking specifically about India, not sure about other countries. From what I am seeing in salary trends, if you work in tech, you can easily earn 70% - 80% net of what you will earn in Canada with less than 1/10th of the living cost, this is even less for me because I don't have to pay any rent back home. In Canada, you have to pay more than half of your monthly pay in rent alone and grocery costs have doubled since I came here.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I'm a rent controlled house. Got a covid deal and yearly max increase of 2.5%. Unless, I'm buying a house/condo, I aint moving out lol. Paying 850/month (ea) for a decently sized 2 bedroom (w friend) at the heart of downtown.
But how did you get a rent controlled house in the 1st place ?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
But how did you get a rent controlled house in the 1st place ?
All ontario houses built before 2018 is rent controlled meaning they can increase max 2.5% per year. It’s getting a good starting lease amount that’s the challenge. Back in 2021 people were still shunning downtown so got it for cheap. Now you can’t get a room under 1200,1300. 1BR 2300

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
All ontario houses built before 2018 is rent controlled meaning they can increase max 2.5% per year. It’s getting a good starting lease amount that’s the challenge. Back in 2021 people were still shunning downtown so got it for cheap. Now you can’t get a room under 1200,1300. 1BR 2300
But I have seen a lot of rooms for 800$ obviously it is not downtown torronto it is like 20-30 min from missisuaga while here a room in calgary is easily 800$ and it will easily increase to 1000 this yr .As I mentioned 1.2k is still okay when you look at the jobs there ,calgary is sitting on 6%+ unemployment and the city is dead ,I would really like to see the idiots who post things on calgary as a most livable place.the country is a damn overpriced freezer .My colleague said canada was an amazing place when he grew up this clown JT only burned it to ground.