+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Post ITA guidance required:

Statutory question: had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder? (required)?
What comes under serious one?

If there was an operation 15 years ago for pericarditis ( inflammatory fluid around lining of Heart) and operation to drain fluid was successful and it required no further medicines or any further checkup since the last 15 years.

Do we need to answer Yes or No.
I would say no.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-up-to-1-in-3-study-visa-holders-in-canada-not-in-school

The article goes on to claim that 1/3 international students are fake students, yet citing no real data here and using shallow words(e.g. "appear to be", "a recent statscan analysis"). I understand that there would be considerable number of "fake students" here, but is it as high as 30%?

A bunch of things in this article that I don't understand(and will appreciate if someone can help):
1. where's this "recent" study? there's no direct link. The closest one I can find is this: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11f0019m/11f0019m2019019-eng.htm
2. "One in three people who entered Canada on student visas do not appear to have been enrolled" - what's the truth in this statement? "Do not appear" is a weasel word.
3. "likely not complying with the conditions of their visa or were just not being monitored by school administrators." - this is not even factual.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-up-to-1-in-3-study-visa-holders-in-canada-not-in-school

The article goes on to claim that 1/3 international students are fake students, yet citing no real data here and using shallow words(e.g. "appear to be", "a recent statscan analysis"). I understand that there would be considerable number of "fake students" here, but is it as high as 30%?

A bunch of things in this article that I don't understand(and will appreciate if someone can help):
1. where's this "recent" study? there's no direct link. The closest one I can find is this: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11f0019m/11f0019m2019019-eng.htm
2. "One in three people who entered Canada on student visas do not appear to have been enrolled" - what's the truth in this statement? "Do not appear" is a weasel word.
3. "likely not complying with the conditions of their visa or were just not being monitored by school administrators." - this is not even factual.
I think that's the study they were referring to. The authors match and in its summary it says "The study found that approximately 69.5% of postsecondary study permit holders actually enrolled in a postsecondary program in 2015—up from 51.8% in 2009."
They acquired the number of study permit holders from some immigration database(IMDB) and compared it to the number of international students enrolled in public schools(students enrolled in private institutions were excluded as indicated in the footnotes). I'm not sure if they excluded study permit holders who never landed, or students who quit after the first month/semester etc. Obviously the point was not that "1 in 3 student visa holders in Canada right now is illegal" as painted in the article :D .

001-Canada

Oct 16, 2023
FSW OUTLAND
ITA: July 7 2023
AOR: Aug 10 2023
MED: Sep 7 2023 completed
BIO: Sep 13 2023 completed
Updates in tracker without any change:
Sep 26 2023
Nov 3 2023
Nov 8 2023
Background Check: In progress
Eligibility: Not Started Yet

Any ideas? What these updates mean? Is the passport request far from me? Thank you.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
FSW OUTLAND
Sep 26 2023
Nov 3 2023
Nov 8 2023

Any ideas? What these updates mean? Is the passport request far from me? Thank you.
Nope. You'll have to reach "all completed" in tracker or a "Final decision" in GCKey to expect PPR.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
FSW OUTLAND
Sep 26 2023
Nov 3 2023
Nov 8 2023

those updates if they are not reflected in the logs as query or whatever are often triggered either system updates or could be someone adding notes in your file for GCMS or CBSA etc..

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I need guidance regarding post ITA. I did my dental degree and my session was 2013 to 2017. And my final year exams where conducted in April 2018. What should I add my education ending date 2017 or 2018. And I did ECA from IQAS. And in that repost they have mentioned degree year awarded as 2019. Please someone guide me with this as I am so confused.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Looks like now it's time =) there are many reports of IT issues after the last maintenance, so looks like IRCC can not conduct new draws now
But then, they do the all other draws (the healthcare and other NOC specific ones) without any problems except the all program draws. No system maintenance or nother for Category based draws.

Also, if you check the pattern, they are doing just one all-program draw every month for some time. Also, the draw numbers are down to just 3.6Kish, and the gap is very well being filled by Healthcare, Other in-demand NOCs and Francophone dudes' draws.

This way, the CRS will never go below 500 in the near future, and enrolling in a College/Univ is really becoming an expensive and exhausting affair.
So unless one is from healthcare or knows French (CLB7 and above in TEF), study visa is the only route, but again, looking at the sky-high competition for PT jobs, I guess the number of aspiring dudes to study here has greatly reduced.

Lastly, the PGWP extension is almost nonexistent now. I personally talked to two dudes who were under the assumption that they would get an additional PGWP (after 3 years' WP), and now they both have received departure letters to leave Canada within a month or so.

Brampton dudes and some shady consultancies are planning to have a massive rally in Toronto for PGWP extension, CEC draws, and easy pathways for Permanent Residency.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
But then, they do the all other draws (the healthcare and other NOC specific ones) without any problems except the all program draws. No system maintenance or nother for Category based draws.

Also, if you check the pattern, they are doing just one all-program draw every month for some time. Also, the draw numbers are down to just 3.6Kish, and the gap is very well being filled by Healthcare, Other in-demand NOCs and Francophone dudes' draws.

This way, the CRS will never go below 500 in the near future, and enrolling in a College/Univ is really becoming an expensive and exhausting affair.
So unless one is from healthcare or knows French (CLB7 and above in TEF), study visa is the only route, but again, looking at the sky-high competition for PT jobs, I guess the number of aspiring dudes to study here has greatly reduced.

Lastly, the PGWP extension is almost nonexistent now. I personally talked to two dudes who were under the assumption that they would get an additional PGWP (after 3 years' WP), and now they both have received departure letters to leave Canada within a month or so.

Brampton dudes and some shady consultancies are planning to have a massive rally in Toronto for PGWP extension, CEC draws, and easy pathways for Permanent Residency.
Another issue with higher CRS is that Immigration fraud is also skyrocketing as more and more people are now taking the fake LMIA route. I'm beyond frustrated to see posts on Reddit, Facebook groups, and even Canadavisa claiming that they bought LMIA with zero shame.

The integrity of IRCC's verification should be questioned as I see every single type of fraud happening at scale - from people faking experience in a NOC code to people who are literally starting businesses in Canada to issue paid LMIAs.

I don't want to get involved just yet, but it feels like we should be actively reporting people to CBSA and cleaning the house as much as we can. Otherwise, not too hard to see a distant future where CBC or Globe and Mail labels all of us as potential frauds.

>Brampton dudes and some shady consultancies are planning to have a massive rally in Toronto for PGWP extension

Between the Israel/Palestine support rallies, no one will care about them.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Not a bad argument tbh. If you remove this infusion, Canada is deep dead in recession. The core issue is the failure of Canadian govt in building a sustainable economy.

Better to face the reality of economic issues than putting a band-aid on with international students and real estate. These 3rd world mentality lambdas are degrading the quality of life in Canada exponentially. Anything they contribute to the economy, they damage more in other ways. Besides, the profits are going to a select few fat old white dudes not the general public.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Do Canadian born shit gold

Another issue with higher CRS is that Immigration fraud is also skyrocketing as more and more people are now taking the fake LMIA route. I'm beyond frustrated to see posts on Reddit, Facebook groups, and even Canadavisa claiming that they bought LMIA with zero shame.

The integrity of IRCC's verification should be questioned as I see every single type of fraud happening at scale - from people faking experience in a NOC code to people who are literally starting businesses in Canada to issue paid LMIAs.

I don't want to get involved just yet, but it feels like we should be actively reporting people to CBSA and cleaning the house as much as we can. Otherwise, not too hard to see a distant future where CBC or Globe and Mail labels all of us as potential frauds.

>Brampton dudes and some shady consultancies are planning to have a massive rally in Toronto for PGWP extension

Between the Israel/Palestine support rallies, no one will care about them.
You can get mad at these cheaters but on the other hand, Canadian government is either incompetent or willingly ignorant regarding this. It's hard to tell. As an immigrant, I feel I am only allowed to be mad to a certain extent. If Canadians knew what was going on lol...

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay