Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I mean @GandiBaat and @lord Tony are 2 examples
I never moved to Australia for long time, just visited there. I did choose Canada over Australia because opportunities for me were limited there and my friend could not find a career opportunity there.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
He is just warning passengers regarding the curry that is going to get served on that flight. The meat is being sourced from Pakistan
Dont go around warning a certain community about hot ovens because that will indeed make you a pariah. I guess some folks are more equal.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
We should make a petition on our part to tackle these terrorists at home, I'll write to my MP.
I will too. Ask them to ban his entry in province of BC as he is disturbing peace here and brining terrorism. Hope he gets banned from visiting Surrey.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I mean @GandiBaat and @lord Tony are 2 examples

Check out this guys youtube

Australia is same as Canada in many ways.
Gandi is a special case. Also, IT people with decent skills can go anywhere. So his case does not apply to that of an average Joe/Jill. Tony could not get a PR, no offense to him lol.

Things I remember. Drugs, homelessness are much worse in Canada. I searched, I could not find anything like what you see in Vancouver etc in Aus. Salaries are 10k lower in Canada per year after conversion. Better weather and life expectancy is longer in Aus. Cost of living used to be lower in Canada, no longer. Their PR is harder to get in Aus, I would say it's more secure, easier to kick out temporary residents. I kind of worry that when shit hits the fan, we will have huge crime rate in Canada, too many people are let in without much security checks.

Update. Looked at the channel and comments. People agree Aus is better, but very hard to immigrate permanently. My impression.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You know folks, some may think I am over reacting to Pannun's stupidity or threat, for me it hits pretty close home. My parents always fly Air India because it is the only flight that is direct one between India and Vancouver. My mom has slight mobility issue due to old age and changing flights in Germany or Japan is hard for her. So she prefers a direct flight where she does not have an issue of changing one while dad drag all the cabin luggage.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
I have not really held any job in Australia so my opinion about it will be a speculation at best. Sydney and Melborne are very expensive places to live. You may want to live there only if you got some good job. Network admin / support roles are often found in IT departments of large enterprises like banks etc. But this space is becoming consolidated and smaller than what it was.

I will suggest to get a job before you end up in Australia. The other way round is simply too .... expensive. I made my resume in Australian format and got myself an australian number through call forwarding. You may consider getting a similar service or may be an australian mobile sim. The recruiters in Australian typically do not call foreign numbers. This helps to break down that wall.

Secondly, most jobs in Australia are not advertised. So having someone vouch for you in a company or something goes way long. It helps you to get infront of hiring people. Most likely you will be looking for jobs in traditional companies with a IT department so it becomes doubly important.

Lastly, a lot of companies are just offering contract jobs for the kind of roles you want. Many are advertised but most are not. During my time in 2010s, Perth was like a backwater of a city. It was cheap(er) and had some jobs. I do not know what is its situation now. But give it try. It will be easier to live into than Sydney and Melbourne.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. Does having physical presence in Australia increase the chance of getting a job? And I know that it costs a lot each time to move to another country, so thats why I am carefully contemplating each options. I dont mind having a contract job so long as I get one, but sadly it is very hard to even get an interview. Most job openings are located in Sydney and Melbourne but my visa conditions only allow me to stay and work in regional area (everywhere except sydney, melborune and brisbane). Also the immigration invitation quota has been cut back this year and the competition for immigration visa is high.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
In both countries finding the initial job will be a challenge which is where networking and currying favors from old pals, bosses etc...matters. Just for the rent if you move the smaller cities again finding a job in such smaller places will be a challenge. If you are not married you could try PGs in bigger cities also where you have a network to favor you getting a job is a better bet. Also, see GoldCoast and Perth rents are high, remember that as well.
Thanks for your reply. I dont have any connections in Australia. I might consider studying some vocational courses to change my career.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Does having physical presence in Australia increase the chance of getting a job?
It does or atleast it used to be the case in 2010s. Pandemic might have changed that dynamics.

I was rejected by an Australian company called "Kwickie" because I was not in Australia and my wife's visa situation was not sorted out. They felt it as a risk. Though I dodged a bullet there. The company was a major fraud and closed soon. It was among the bigger fraud in Australia back then.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
And I know that it costs a lot each time to move to another country, so thats why I am carefully contemplating each options. I dont mind having a contract job so long as I get one, but sadly it is very hard to even get an interview. Most job openings are located in Sydney and Melbourne but my visa conditions only allow me to stay and work in regional area (everywhere except sydney, melborune and brisbane). Also the immigration invitation quota has been cut back this year and the competition for immigration visa is high.
Checkout Perth. Its a decent city, cheaper than Brisbane and certainly cheaper than Sydney and Melbourne. It was a mining boom town where real estate bubble crashed back in 2000s.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
It does or atleast it used to be the case in 2010s. Pandemic might have changed that dynamics.

I was rejected by an Australian company called "Kwickie" because I was not in Australia and my wife's visa situation was not sorted out. They felt it as a risk. Though I dodged a bullet there. The company was a major fraud and closed soon. It was among the bigger fraud in Australia back then.
Sometimes you gotta trust your gut feeling. By the way, any tips for identifying frauds / scams when it comes to finding jobs in Australia and Canada? Sometimes when I go on Indeed / Seek its hard to tell whether the job advertisement is real or the company really exists.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sometimes you gotta trust your gut feeling. By the way, any tips for identifying frauds / scams when it comes to finding jobs in Australia and Canada? Sometimes when I go on Indeed / Seek its hard to tell whether the job advertisement is real or the company really exists.
The usual, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

In case of Kwickie, it was a different case : They were doing security fraud by selling their risky shares to mom and pop non sophisticated investors or old people. It was not a job fraud but it was a stock fraud. https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/kwickie-blocked-by-asic-from-offering-shares-to-retail-investors-20170707-gx6kcy.html

They were closed.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Gandi is a special case. Also, IT people with decent skills can go anywhere. So his case does not apply to that of an average Joe/Jill. Tony could not get a PR, no offense to him lol.

Things I remember. Drugs, homelessness are much worse in Canada. I searched, I could not find anything like what you see in Vancouver etc in Aus. Salaries are 10k lower in Canada per year after conversion. Better weather and life expectancy is longer in Aus. Cost of living used to be lower in Canada, no longer. Their PR is harder to get in Aus, I would say it's more secure, easier to kick out temporary residents. I kind of worry that when shit hits the fan, we will have huge crime rate in Canada, too many people are let in without much security checks.

Update. Looked at the channel and comments. People agree Aus is better, but very hard to immigrate permanently. My impression.
Well I guess the weather is better. it is not too difficult to get pr in Australia if you are working in certain occupations, but with so many competitions from international students and temporary workers, the requirements are increasing like maxing out English scores / having 5 plus experience etc

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
I never moved to Australia for long time, just visited there. I did choose Canada over Australia because opportunities for me were limited there and my friend could not find a career opportunity there.
but the Australian PR also has residency requirement for each 5 years if i am not mistaken.