+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
How bad is Punjab? Seems like they are desperate to move abroad
Apart from women safety and gang violence related issues, a pretty good place to live. Temperatures don't go to high during the summer, real estate is cheaper, and mountains are quite close . I wanted to live there for a year or so, but no one would rent out to me for as they wanted someone who was working within India or in govt jobs, so I dropped after a couple months of trying.

People are moving from Punjab to Canada for an imaginary lifestyle. They could very well go to Middle-East and make more money and it is far better than being a lambda. So clearly, money and other considerations don't add up. Just imaginary lifestyle tbh. Immigration is also largely driven by hooks. Existing Punjabi population in Canada acts as a hook for Punjabi newcomers. This is no different when we see people from Africa moving to EU or people from SEA moving to Singapore or people from other Middle Eastern countries moving to Saudi.

A lot of it is also in fashion because moving abroad is correlated with being successful. Most of us who moved out of India either moved out because we:
1. were recognized for our talent and were hired by companies
2. joined a good uni and were good students

The outcome of #1 and #2 gave the illusion that moving out = successful. Staying back home != successful.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
A lot of it is also in fashion because moving abroad is correlated with being successful. Most of us who moved out of India either moved out because we:
1. were recognized for our talent and were hired by companies
2. joined a good uni and were good students
If my kid gets better, I might return to India and relocate to Goa or Kerala. With remote working, what was impossible is now just a little bit harder.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The King is dead! Long Live the King!

Source: Tweet

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
On Twitter/X there are such handles -

Conduct CEC only draws
@ArshBhu82271475

Please respond on these posts and help the IRCC in not being coerced for CEC only draws. These kind of requests are wrong. If anyone who is immigrating wants best for CA then they know that we need merit people and not LMIA/ Fraud students on PGWP getting PR via CEC pathways.

Please support on Twitter. We need to think of our future and support in building CA by bringing the right people in.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
On Twitter/X there are such handles -

Conduct CEC only draws
@ArshBhu82271475

Please respond on these posts and help the IRCC in not being coerced for CEC only draws. These kind of requests are wrong. If anyone who is immigrating wants best for CA then they know that we need merit people and not LMIA/ Fraud students on PGWP getting PR via CEC pathways.

Please support on Twitter. We need to think of our future and support in building CA by bringing the right people in.
Very unlikely that IRCC will be forced to do anything and these people have been tweeting from 2 years now. There's no support to CEC only draws from MPs either.

>We need to think of our future and support in building CA by bringing the right people in.
This is on IRCC though and they've lost all integrity by bringing in more and more volume of students each year. They are bringing in a million students when they can only take 100k good students at best without forcing others to go to diploma mills (a lot of DLIs are also diploma mills). Unless they cap it by 90%, expect to get lower quality of students coming in.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
The King is dead! Long Live the King!

Source: Tweet
Sad this happens in 2023 when the economy is faltering, housing crisis, inflation etc...

It might not have been a bad thing if the economy was booming, lowering unemployed rates, leading to high needs of temp workers etc... It is the straight opposite now in 2023

I would be interested in knowing which NOC codes were associated with these 2023 temp workers. I've a gut feeling most these were the lambda types working in Timmie's and McD or other family owned places as cooks, table waiters etc...and often buying LMIAs, claiming supervisor/Manager experience with false letters from those fake employers and then applying for PR via CEC.

Reactions: Hopeful007

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Man! Marc my boy is a CLASS act! He is happily telling everyone that not increasing immigration beyond 465,000 this year and half a million next year and year after that is a "step in right direction.". Meanwhile temp workers will have an open flood gates. Gotta love the guy! He will go far.

@Lord_Tony @seadrag0n Remember, I told you about First law of being Canadian? Its right there. Make a lot of noise and do nothing.

In case it did not register, opening part of this post was dripping in sarcasm.

Last edited:

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
[/QUOTE]
Sad this happens in 2023 when the economy is faltering, housing crisis, inflation etc...

It might not have been a bad thing if the economy was booming, lowering unemployed rates, leading to high needs of temp workers etc... It is the straight opposite now in 2023

I would be interested in knowing which NOC codes were associated with these 2023 temp workers. I've a gut feeling most these were the lambda types working in Timmie's and McD or other family owned places as cooks, table waiters etc...and often buying LMIAs, claiming supervisor/Manager experience with false letters from those fake employers and then applying for PR via CEC.
It doesn’t really matter because the Liberals know that they’re on their way out. No one trusts them with anything. They’re just hoping to cause as much damage as possible for the next government to clean up so that they can use that as a talking point to get re-elected. Of course, the worst case scenario for them would be that they would never get elected ever again for at least a decade. The Ontario liberals got relegated and the same could happen to the Federal Liberals. At this point, Pierre Poilievre doesn’t have to even release an election platform. He just needs to point at Trudeau’s failures since he’s cruising in polls. In Ontario, Doug ford is an absolute scum bag but no one over here seems to want the Liberals to come into power ever again. I would say to prep up for Conservative policies for at least, a decade. Austerity measures and worsening income inequality but probably more pro business policies and they would probably unleash all of Canada’s natural resource wealth. In the worst possible scenario, if things in relation to immigration get worse with unemployment and sky high rents, you can expect the PPC to win some seats. Canada is not immune to extreme right politics. It’s unfortunate but the liberals are too dumb to realise the consequences of their policies.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Man! Marc my boy is a CLASS act! He is happily telling everyone that not increasing immigration beyond 465,000 this year and half a million next year and year after that is a "step in right direction.". Meanwhile temp workers will have an open flood gates. Gotta love the guy! He will go far.

@Lord_Tony @seadrag0n Remember, I told you about First law of being Canadian? Its right there. Make a lot of noise and do nothing.

Hilarious he is going Bananas.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It doesn’t really matter because the Liberals know that they’re on their way out. No one trusts them with anything. They’re just hoping to cause as much damage as possible for the next government to clean up so that they can use that as a talking point to get re-elected. Of course, the worst case scenario for them would be that they would never get elected ever again for at least a decade. The Ontario liberals got relegated and the same could happen to the Federal Liberals. At this point, Pierre Poilievre doesn’t have to even release an election platform. He just needs to point at Trudeau’s failures since he’s cruising in polls. In Ontario, Doug ford is an absolute scum bag but no one over here seems to want the Liberals to come into power ever again. I would say to prep up for Conservative policies for at least, a decade. Austerity measures and worsening income inequality but probably more pro business policies and they would probably unleash all of Canada’s natural resource wealth. In the worst possible scenario, if things in relation to immigration get worse with unemployment and sky high rents, you can expect the PPC to win some seats. Canada is not immune to extreme right politics. It’s unfortunate but the liberals are too dumb to realise the consequences of their policies.
What is really funny is that some people believe that parties have "platforms". In democracy its indeed about people. It about selling leadership to people. Elections involve reading the people and saying what they want to hear. Sadly, people have short memories. Canadians even shorter.

Policies will still be the same because people still want the same things: Easy money through their real estate holdings. That is not going to change. Faces change facts will not.

The reason why there is so high immigration is not because liberals just love immigrants. Its because Canadians want to be pampered by their governments. They want their life to be planned by the government. They want easy money. Guess how can you give them this?

Here is another data point in case if everyone missed it. Two - Three years back, everyone and their grandmother was cursing foreigners to make housing prices insane because "Chinese are buying all the real estate". 2020, very less immigration yet in 2020 and 2021, biggest jump in house prices happened. No one corrected their opinion. Come 2023, now everyone has realized that it was easy loans which were majorly behind the house prices. You close the loan tap, you will halt rise in prices. You let it remains closed for sometime, prices will come down slowly. And yet for the longest time, it was "Chinese bringing their illegal money" being blamed for housing prices.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

How is 500,000 PR's per year good? What kind of logic is that.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How is 500,000 PR's per year good? What kind of logic is that.
Good or bad I do not care, its the perspective of Canadians and their govt. The important part is "plateau" and totally forgetting to mention the massive spike in LMIA/WP.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Maybe this spike is also due to free WP's given to people from Ukraine?
From 400K to 1.1M?

Thats a little bit hard to digest.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures/key-figures.html

1.2M application for visitor visa from Ukraine recieved (through a special program).
900K approved.
200K arrived.

Those who arrive here can only apply for WP from inside Canada.

I am also sure some of the 200K will be kids too. Most like a lot of them will be kids.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019

When BQ MP asked why he didn't consult targets and how they plan to address problems of housing etc for these people, Marc responded "nowadays there is a lot of demand from people around the world to come to Canada". Not even worth commenting on this guy's actions anymore.