+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
Dude you should really focus on improving your english or your french.
Also I think after one year of work exp in Canada your points go up a whole bunch. Since you already have the job you just need to though it out.

I know it sucks but you're to close to give up. I was about to start my french 7 months ago but decided to wait and see what happens. Now I regret it.

I had to quit my job a couple of weeks ago and go all in on french. Even though I have 481 I know that with this situation I'm not getting invited any time soon.
Well maximum you can get is 474, my Ielts is Clb 9 and 10. After 2 year, it will spike to 493 but now that score seem to be nothing.

Reactions: Shadow09

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is it good to job-hop if you have 3-5years of exp?
Yes, unless you're already working with a great company. If you are working for a company whose economics are very great, you have an internal influence problem, which is largely fixable. I'd not suggest job hopping in that case(unless the work culture is toxic).

Knowing a bit of business economics will help you decide with more certainty:
1. high natural usage frequency product, high lifetime value (cash we make per customer)
2. low natural usage frequency product, high lifetime value
3. high natural usage frequency product, low lifetime value
4. both low

#1 is golden! This is what Open AI(and any other product-led/consumer-led growth company) is right now. Good for devs as these companies are super product led by business models and requires engineering growth to be at the core of product growth. Fwiw, Google was this back in 2000, same was Meta when Chamath was their Head of Growth.

#2 is good as long as there are no competitors. If the barrier to entry in this market is low and the company has no distinctive offering - not a very good business to work with. They will also spend ~50% of all they earn into new user acquisition, which makes them a relatively not so good company to work with.

#3 is better compared to #2, if the number of paying users climb and retention isn't horrible.

#4 - is bad one to work for! They are doomed by their own economics. They are lifestyle companies at best where the CEO might exit and buy a nice car + home, but not the type of companies where you can expect yourself to work and grow. They usually always appear confused as a company and simply try tactics. Unless they fix their natural usage frequency or life time value - they are going to eventually fail within 3-5 years.

With #1, #3 and to some extent #2 - you can do amazing comp structures as these companies only have upsides that will be very rewarding in the future. A good example of #2 is companies that operate within real estate, they have extremely low usage, referral value (k factor isn't amazing either), a cost effective source of acquisition (organic growth) is dying pretty fast, etc - but they are extremely desperate if someone can come in and fix shit. So #2 can be a big opportunity if someone in any capacity can fix: key growth metrics, OPEX(applies to devs as well), etc.

Overall preference:
#1 > #3 >> #2 >>>>>>>>> #4

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Current international students and other TFWs are called out by the UN as indentured slaves to Canada.

I have said this before: Canada's TFWs face similar conditions to Saudis infamous Kafalah system.
Only difference is Canadian employers just don't seize your passport.
At least with Saudi you know what you're gonna get.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
My point is maybe they should have new requirement for job offer not just experience, prioritize people with curent job and high salary like PNP requirment and even though money can flow back to their countries, tax money is collected at least.
I doubt many new entrants in FSW/PNP make enough to send money back home. Even if they earn most will want to save for house deposits etc.. Students on the other hand I feel should be kept in abeyance for longer as they are young, don't have family to support, share apartment stay in bed & breakfasts etc..save money they only way to spend in Travel or party.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Current international students and other TFWs are called out by the UN as indentured slaves to Canada.

I have said this before: Canada's TFWs face similar conditions to Saudis infamous Kafalah system.
I agree with this. Just want to point out one major difference though: in Canada there is a pathway to citizenship where as in Saudi there isn't.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023

What you mean by slave? Good life, good salary and everyone happy.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Totally agree. If someone has taken the effort to come and study in Canada, got the education and is working in Canada, they should get a PR there should be no question about that.
Not my place to say anything, but entry level workers that primarily do entry-level jobs shouldn't be blindly invited for a PR. Most invited for PR are CECs these days and the job market is full of poor applicants with Canadian education. It hasn't done the job market any favor except for spamming it with poor applications. This has fundamental challenges with reduced labour productivity that too when employers are already struggling to train entry-level workers.

I also see other comments from you where you said CRS appears to be unattainable. I'm 30+, outland, I had ~520 as my CRS. If I can do it, so can you.

Millions of students who were extremely unqualified to begin with (back home) have landed in Canada - no one leaves an elite school in their home country to graduate from these fodder institutions. Millions of them do minimum wage work too - none of those activities put them in the same bracket as a qualified student or a qualified worker that is an outlander.

When you say "they should get a PR there should be no question about that" - those would be my own objections as it would be unreasonable to bloat this poor education-> PR route any further than it already has. It has hurt an immigrant's image (which I'm okay with, but that isn't the general sentiment here) and it has led to a crisis(which can't be solved by giving PR to millions who will be nothing but a burden through non-equitable contributions).

I get what you are feeling. But, PR is no one's right. Even when I was at ~520 CRS and the draws were paused, I thought maybe I missed my chance. And I was okay to move on and work on the next thing(C-11 pathway). I'm just appreciate of Canada for handing out a citizenship opportunity to me without pumping in $200k-$500k (which is realistically the cost of getting a citizenship in first world countries).

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I doubt many new entrants in FSW/PNP make enough to send money back home. Even if they earn most will want to save for house deposits etc.. Students on the other hand I feel should be kept in abeyance for longer as they are young, don't have family to support, share apartment stay in bed & breakfasts etc..save money they only way to spend in Travel or party.
I don't know about other countries, but I can tell you the data from foreign remittance stats of India - US tops, AU is 5th, Canada is 12th behind Malaysia. Which only means one thing, most immigrants from India don't make enough to send back home or burn through their savings (I trust the former).

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Totally agree. If someone has taken the effort to come and study in Canada, got the education and is working in Canada, they should get a PR there should be no question about that.
Sorry so says the Lambdas. Who come here with family money from abroad, join diploma mills, again use family money to buy LMIAs and work for Timmies, use all this to get PRs. I feel only the top students should be even allowed to get PRs not every tom,dick&harry.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Not my place to say anything, but entry level workers that primarily do entry-level jobs shouldn't be blindly invited for a PR. Most invited for PR are CECs these days and the job market is full of poor applicants with Canadian education. It hasn't done the job market any favor except for spamming it with poor applications. This has fundamental challenges with reduced labour productivity that too when employers are already struggling to train entry-level workers.

I also see other comments from you where you said CRS appears to be unattainable. I'm 30+, outland, I had ~520 as my CRS. If I can do it, so can you.

Millions of students who were extremely unqualified to begin with (back home) have landed in Canada - no one leaves an elite school in their home country to graduate from these fodder institutions. Millions of them do minimum wage work too - none of those activities put them in the same bracket as a qualified student or a qualified worker that is an outlander.

When you say "they should get a PR there should be no question about that" - those would be my own objections as it would be unreasonable to bloat this poor education-> PR route any further than it already has. It has hurt an immigrant's image (which I'm okay with, but that isn't the general sentiment here) and it has led to a crisis(which can't be solved by giving PR to millions who will be nothing but a burden through non-equitable contributions).

I get what you are feeling. But, PR is no one's right. Even when I was at ~520 CRS and the draws were paused, I thought maybe I missed my chance. And I was okay to move on and work on the next thing(C-11 pathway). I'm just appreciate of Canada for handing out a citizenship opportunity to me without pumping in $200k-$500k (which is realistically the cost of getting a citizenship in first world countries).
THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I don't know about other countries, but I can tell you the data from foreign remittance stats of India - US tops, AU is 5th, Canada is 12th behind Malaysia. Which only means one thing, most immigrants from India don't make enough to send back home or burn through their savings (I trust the former).
I completly agree with you, I compare myself everyday with my old pay/COLA in Australia vs now. I make a business case and demand a better pay my employer entices me to go to USA. After doing my research I learn USA is very lucrative. I would have moved if only my kids don't start college next year or I was a little younger to wait for the GC.