App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Can anyone please explain to me why they always emphasize STEM category with impressive high ITAs number but in reality, the most ITAs category is French? Even healthcare does not have that much ITAs.
No real benefits except for politicians to get into voters good books.
This avoids the folks for India as most of them don't speak French, less Indians pleases the electorates in Vancouver and Toronto, my Indian colleagues tell me this includes current Canadian citizens of indian origin. More francophones makes Quebec folks happy. Overall it shows politicians in good light to the voters as if they listened to them.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
No real benefits except for politicians to get into voters good books.
This avoids the folks for India as most of them don't speak French, less Indians pleases the electorates in Vancouver and Toronto, my Indian colleagues tell me this includes current Canadian citizens of indian origin. More francophones makes Quebec folks happy. Overall it shows politicians in good light to the voters as if they listened to them.
So what is the point of announcing the important of STEM and all those news? Is that so ridiculous and giving fake hope?

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
You must be new here
I did, I am waiting for STEM draw, an international student and work for big company but there is no hope for me. Max out my score but cannot beat those fake LMIA and PNP. I am aware that PR is not compulsury and I am trying my best but it is unfair to see people outland without job coming and struggle while we spend good amount on education, have job and contribute to the society and left behind.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
This is mostly the case for the low wage jobs and it’s not new immigrants who are displacing Canadian born workers and other immigrants, it’s international students and temporary migrants. The main issue right now is that temporary migrants and international students are displacing new immigrants and Canadians from jobs and housing. Temporary migrants are now bigger than the indigenous population of Canada, which is crazy. No one knows why the government is doing this because this isn’t going to bring any prosperity to Canada nor does it provide more tax revenue. Most of the international students are working in minimum wage jobs and pay the least amounts of taxes.
The funny thing is the government is convinced international students are "lucrative" because they bring money in to the Canadian economy. What they don't realize is that money is temporary. Most students from India study on a loan from an Indian bank. When they finish the studies they take a Canadian job (which drives down wages for Canadians) and then instead of spending their earnings inside the Canadian economy, they return the money back to India to pay back the Indian bank with interest. So the money leaves Canada and back to India in a few years. If you think about it, it is actually a net negative for Canada.
There is definitely a good use case to include international students in the PR pipeline to get young applications into the EE pool. However, the perspective that international students are cash cows is beyond ridiculous.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
The funny thing is the government is convinced international students are "lucrative" because they bring money in to the Canadian economy. What they don't realize is that money is temporary. Most students from India study on a loan from an Indian bank. When they finish the studies they take a Canadian job (which drives down wages for Canadians) and then instead of spending their earnings inside the Canadian economy, they return the money back to India to pay back the Indian bank with interest. So the money leaves Canada and back to India in a few years. If you think about it, it is actually a net negative for Canada.
There is definitely a good use case to include international students in the PR pipeline to get young applications into the EE pool. However, the perspective that international students are cash cows is beyond ridiculous.
I totally understand your point. It would be the same with FSW applicants and PNP also right?

Reactions: alexross

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
My point is maybe they should have new requirement for job offer not just experience, prioritize people with curent job and high salary like PNP requirment and even though money can flow back to their countries, tax money is collected at least.

youngnino

Dec 25, 2022
I did, I am waiting for STEM draw, an international student and work for big company but there is no hope for me. Max out my score but cannot beat those fake LMIA and PNP. I am aware that PR is not compulsury and I am trying my best but it is unfair to see people outland without job coming and struggle while we spend good amount on education, have job and contribute to the society and left behind.
What is your score? Like How can you study in Canada and even have a job and not get invited immediately? Not calling you out or anything just curious.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I totally understand your point. It would be the same with FSW applicants and PNP also right?
Not really because one of the major selling points by the government for increasing the number of international students is the huge amounts of money they supposedly bring into the Canadian economy. Even now the Indian media is shouting that Canada depends so much on Indian students to bring in money.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
What is your score? Like How can you study in Canada and even have a job and not get invited immediately? Not calling you out or anything just curious.
I have 468 which college degree and no previous experience in my country. Max can get for graduate with 1 year experience is 474 tho.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
So what is the point of announcing the important of STEM and all those news? Is that so ridiculous and giving fake hope?
My understanding is STEM asks (at least in IT) were met with more temporary immigrant like WPs for H1B visa holders, Also Sean Fraser was in the process of even giving WP for digital natives that now the current croissant clown had shelved. Most of the current delays or backlogs in PR approvals seems to be IT workers.

Good luck to you. We were discussing in this thread with an International student from Waterloo with a similar problem, I have a Financial analyst who works for me from Queens college. I see the problem all of you face because of the Diploma mills and fake LMIA's, the Canadian government on the other hand doesn't seem to care. The croissant is making all your lives even worse.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
Not really because one of the major selling points by the government for increasing the number of international students is the huge amounts of money they supposedly bring into the Canadian economy. Even now the Indian media is shouting that Canada depends so much on Indian students to bring in money.
That I dont really care because that fair trade they get money and we get knowledge. It is not because i pay high tuition fee then I deserve PR. My point is why as Canadian degree, get a good job pay high tax, contribute to economy and still not as prioritize as people come from out of country without job. Many immigrants came here driving Uber and struggle so why they dont take people from inside who already have jobs and contribute to the economy?

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
My understanding is STEM asks (at least in IT) were met with more temporary immigrant like WPs for H1B visa holders, Also Sean Fraser was in the process of even giving WP for digital natives that now the current croissant clown had shelved. Most of the current delays or backlogs in PR approvals seems to be IT workers.

Good luck to you. We were discussing in this thread with an International student from Waterloo with a similar problem, I have a Financial analyst who works for me from Queens college. I see the problem all of you face because of the Diploma mills and fake LMIA's, the Canadian government on the other hand doesn't seem to care. The croissant is making all your lives even worse.
The only program I found make sense to me is the OINP foreign worker where they rate you on education, experience and your annual salary. I think that one country want, high quality worker, having good job to contribute to the economy not someone coming and claim benefit.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

youngnino

Dec 25, 2022
I have 468 which college degree and no previous experience in my country. Max can get for graduate with 1 year experience is 474 tho.
Dude you should really focus on improving your english or your french.
Also I think after one year of work exp in Canada your points go up a whole bunch. Since you already have the job you just need to though it out.

I know it sucks but you're to close to give up. I was about to start my french 7 months ago but decided to wait and see what happens. Now I regret it.

I had to quit my job a couple of weeks ago and go all in on french. Even though I have 481 I know that with this situation I'm not getting invited any time soon.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
That I dont really care because that fair trade they get money and we get knowledge. It is not because i pay high tuition fee then I deserve PR. My point is why as Canadian degree, get a good job pay high tax, contribute to economy and still not as prioritize as people come from out of country without job. Many immigrants came here driving Uber and struggle so why they dont take people from inside who already have jobs and contribute to the economy?
Totally agree. If someone has taken the effort to come and study in Canada, got the education and is working in Canada, they should get a PR there should be no question about that.