Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There’s a huge shortage because trucking is an intense job. I don’t know how truckers with families even do it. Spending days on the road. The pay is really good though.
They are not the only ones. Merchant navy comes to mind as well. Six months sea six months home.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It entirely depends on your personal situation tbh, like it always has.
If you have the means to find a job or get into a business, the negativity or positivity shouldnt matter.
IT people have already spoken. From a non-IT sub 60k annual salary (median wage) perspective, it will be very tough. But still doable.

I got very sad and depressed after coming here and even having a job around the median wage of canada. I spoke to many people here and otherwise privately and got some insanely good advice. I got some books and got to the grind of making myself happy. I am still in a similar financially disastrous situation but my pov has changed a lot.
I am not saving anything, cant afford a studio apartment in the city I work in, eating out very less and have no vices. I will never be able to save enough for a downpayment here continuing on my current job trajectory but I asked myself, do i need to? I am single, I dont have anybody else's financial responsibility on me so that was a huge factor too. All the negativity is absolutely true and its even worse, but how does it affect me personally? That's how i decided to be at peace.
And downpayment will have to come from Bank of Mom and Dad or from my income outside Canada. This is fine by me too, I am not looking at real estate investment, only personal residence.

In the end, you are responsible only for yourself and your bills. If you can take care of that, mute the noise and do your thing. If you can't, then delay landing.

P.s. because of my subjective privileges, I am leaving Canada in Feb to be a part of my family's business in middle east, earn enough for a downpayment or even to buy cash outright, prepare for GMAT and/or upskill dramatically to come back in 2025-26 to get the passport.
Hopefully by then things macroeconomically should stabilize too. Right now the govt. is hell bent on increasing unemployment because of their covid mess. This does not really affect me but there is a general sense of growing despair in the country and I don't want to be a part of that.
Look, based solely on your disposition and the strength of character you have displayed on this forum - you are going places.

I'd like to keep following your journey to see how well things turn out for you in a few years. Good luck and keep that spirit up.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Better for Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if Lambda types put fake "Truck Driver" experience on their resume and start applying for the PR. They seem to be super desperate.

• Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Look, based solely on your disposition and the strength of character you have displayed on this forum - you are going places.

I'd like to keep following your journey to see how well things turn out for you in a few years. Good luck and keep that spirit up.
Thank you wonderbly. I'll keep everyone posted.
Love this thread. ♥

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
It looks like Canada has entered into a conflict with India. Reason seems to be killing of a freedom fighter or terrorist depending on which country levels accusations
Will JT and MM atleast man up now and use this opportunity to kick some of the junkie Lamdas back to India?

Arod

May 15, 2017
It looks like Canada has entered into a conflict with India. Reason seems to be killing of a freedom fighter or terrorist depending on which country levels accusations
Will JT and MM atleast man up now and use this opportunity to kick some of the junkie Lamdas back to India?
How about they stop all immigration from India for the next 15 years to allow other nationalities to catch up?

Something is not right when over 80% of new immigrants are coming from one single country.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
They likely won't do anything.

I remember Saudis kicked out the Canadian Ambassador over a tweet. They also blocked all trade with Canada except oil, stopped Canadian flights and recalled all the Saudi government funded students in Canada.
Later the students were allowed to continue but trade and diplomatic ties completely broke down.

What did Canada do? More tweeting and stopped defence sales which they later cheerfully resumed.

The winner in all this is China. JT is currying favors with Xi coz Chinese interference has been much more apparent and worse than any other country's. Feels like JT wants to scapegoat India to protect his falling numbers and his pending investigation into foreign interference.

Also if the allegations are true, then India has committed extra-judicial murder. In a democracy, whether you like it or not, whether it takes decades or not, there is a process to be followed. This would be akin to Jamal Khashoggi's murder. Even the Saudis blamed Jamal for creating and fostering political instability. Did he deserve what he got from the Saudi hands?

India shouldn't aspire to be like Saudi. As a Canadian I'd be outraged by this.

P.s. Canadian CPI inflation at 4%, accelerated from 3.6% last month.
Looks very bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
One thing I have noticed on online forums for most countries be it UK, Aus, NZ, many western European countries (mainly sub-reddits for these countries), people are complaining or venting about very similar issues. Be it increase in prices of groceries, rent or wait times in healthcare etc. etc. Since this is a Canada focused forum we tend to feel that Canada is alone in facing these issues. That is not the case. The world as a whole hasn't yet recovered from impacts of Covid and Covid just exacerbated the underlying issues which were bubbling up. The geopolitical tensions be it Russia invading Ukraine or US and China fighting over semiconductors hasn't helped. The world is at a standstill and it will take some really planned effort on the parts of the economies to come out of this mess.

Also, this is not the first time world has seen hard times and it is probably right now at the same level of hardship of what people faced during great depression or even during two world wars.

Point is have things gone downhill ,, emphatic answer is Yes. But I think we will come out of this. We need to remember the pandemic wasn't too far in the past. The recovery will be slow and painful but it will happen. What we need to do is to keep our individual focus and use this time to make sure when things get better and opportunities increase we don't regret that we did not prepare ourselves to take advantage of that.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
How about they stop all immigration from India for the next 15 years to allow other nationalities to catch up?

Something is not right when over 80% of new immigrants are coming from one single country.
Every day it's Indians this and Indians that, now even in the news. It's Sikh Indians vs India. Thought I came to Canada lol

• Haha
Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
A good chunk of Indians coming to India are from Punjab, the same place where this person was from. Neither party will like to upset those voters as Punjabis/Sikhs vote in a block due to their own politics.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay