+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
May ne ,you have a point because for example someone I know is paying taxes on 100k for last 11 yrs ,he is planning to leave which means he won't claim the benefits .
We all go where the grass is greener don't we? Personally I don't dislike Canada, I actually prefer it here that my home country by a lot, and I'd rather stick it out in Edmonton or Calgary or even the Maritimes than go back home; but I am open to the idea of following the money south of the border. Anyway if this person you know already has citizenship then he/she could come back here anytime if the situation changes, and who knows maybe in 5-10 years Canada manages to actually fix its housing crisis, and healthcare problems?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The issue is fundamentals of economy is wrong ,I am not an economist but this is just common sense.
You increase the intrest rates to reduce consumer spending and then you bring 1 M + immigrants (including me ) so what will be the net effect, you will have more inflation.
Like someone told early the govt will try their best to avoid a housing crash because most of the CPP is in real estates and retirement funds of common canadians also.So don't hope it will crash or conservatives will save the world ,It will happen but not anytime soon
Lack of jobs or unemployment most of investments go to housing guess what nothing to invest in business so no Jon's more unemployment/underemployment.
Oligopoly and monopolies in banking, housing,retail ,I work as an analyst in a leading retail company in canada trust me you can easily understand if you look at it.
Garbage economy-Honestly I am looking for a new job but I have never struggled this much in my life to find a damn job with my qualifications ,that too after working in 2 fortune 500 companies, pay is garbage even after asking for a lot of experience. In US with Mt skills I should easily get 75-100k USD .here in cad current job is okay in terms of pay ,but when I look for a new 1 they are offering 50k cad which is way less than what i get paid now,really ,how fo you expect me to even pay rent with that.when I look I think india is better in this aspect.
I am just waiting for the passport after that man I am done can't take this crap anymore, I don't want to work till death for a roof over my head,and food .
If it was not for my nationality never would have moved from US ,such a miserable country with miserable people
Let's stay in touch mate, we'll need to discuss strategies to move once we get passport

Reactions: PRANIT01

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Notice how he says everything but dodges saying we need to "cap". My colleagues tell me that both parties are pro immigration and unlikely to put any significant cap. PP has no solid opinion here, he's just pushing buttons on emotions for votes.
The three mainstream parties in Canada: Liberal (left), NDP (centrists) and Conservatives (right) have almost identical policy stands on most matters. They only differ in mud-slinging on each other.

And then there is Bloc-Quebecois... which is actually a disease rather than a political party.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Notice how he says everything but dodges saying we need to "cap". My colleagues tell me that both parties are pro immigration and unlikely to put any significant cap. PP has no solid opinion here, he's just pushing buttons on emotions for votes.
I actually doubt that Conservatives are as crazy as Liberals in terms of immigration.

Of course, we don't know what PP is really thinking, he cannot tell it openly now, for obvious reasons.

I will stipulate based on Harper times. He abolished most of temporary foreign worker programs when there was a news about a Canadian kid not being able to get fast food restaurant job. Express entry was always north of 600, which meant only provincial nomination would get you PR. Also, hard caps on all other programs, like 3k on caregivers, 3k for PhD students and so on. I didn't look at the immigration numbers then, but the bar was pretty high for PR. Finding an apartment was kind of difficult, but nothing like current times.

Harper's problem was he was very stingy. Maritimes and Quebec don't like it, they rely heavily on federal money. BC and Ontario was just voting for Trudeau. I guess they thought he must be smart like his father (also questionable), who knew that he was as dumb as his mother.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Probably true. Although, he could be playing it safe as well. If he comes down hard on immigration, he knows he'll be labelled a racist, anti-immigrant by Liberals and the media. Last time, we went all out of crypto and that backfired lol. Regardless, I'd say anything is better than Trudeau

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
The three mainstream parties in Canada: Liberal (left), NDP (centrists) and Conservatives (right) have almost identical policy stands on most matters. They only differ in mud-slinging on each other.

And then there is Bloc-Quebecois... which is actually a disease rather than a political party.
Not really, I don't know how long you follow Canadian politics, but there are differences, sometimes quite significant.

Conservatives nowadays are trying to appeal to people by being more moderate, but they will bring their policies as soon as they realize they are safe, or a bit far from the elections etc.

NDP spends a lot, might vary a bit depending on who is on top. Mulcair was an exception, he was pretty conservative surprisingly.

Liberals try to appeal to everyone. Sometimes conservative, sometimes left wing depending on the leaders.

I could give examples, one example of immigration is in my previous post, but I am lazy to write lol

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
He’s playing it very smart and safe. He knows that if any conservative mentions anything about curbing immigration, it will give the liberals full ammunition to attack them. Never trust any politician fully. When he gets into power, he could radically change the immigration program. The conservatives have outright cancelled immigration applications in progress before. Having said that, this guy’s probably the best thing to happen to the Conservative Party right now. He’s just pointing out the failures of the Liberal party and allowing them to self destruct. He doesn’t have to do much. The liberals are toast. Nothing short of radical changes and kicking Justin out is going to save them. We’re looking at a conservative majority right now. The economy is facing a recession and as per today’s numbers, residential investment dropped. Looks like housing might crash.

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
We all go where the grass is greener don't we? Personally I don't dislike Canada, I actually prefer it here that my home country by a lot, and I'd rather stick it out in Edmonton or Calgary or even the Maritimes than go back home; but I am open to the idea of following the money south of the border. Anyway if this person you know already has citizenship then he/she could come back here anytime if the situation changes, and who knows maybe in 5-10 years Canada manages to actually fix its housing crisis, and healthcare problems?
It’s a common phenomenon. The more time you spend on the internet, the more cynical and pessimistic you get. If you were to visit the subreddits of every country on the planet, you would get the impression that every country is the “worst fucking place” on the planet. Since the advent of social media, It’s much easier for people to vent out their frustrations online rather than taking concrete measures to improve their own lives. “Hyperbole” and “Instant gratification” are features of my generation (millennials) and Gen Z. We would rather spend our time bitching online than creating any meaningful change through our votes. This sort of apathy towards elections and voting has brought about the current crisis facing most developed countries. Unfortunately, unless we become aware of the importance of voting, we’re not going to bring about any meaningful change and we will continue to bitch online. One can only hope that this will change and millennials will finally take elections and voting seriously. I can see it happening in Canada.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
He’s playing it very smart and safe. He knows that if any conservative mentions anything about curbing immigration, it will give the liberals full ammunition to attack them. Never trust any politician fully. When he gets into power, he could radically change the immigration program. The conservatives have outright cancelled immigration applications in progress before. Having said that, this guy’s probably the best thing to happen to the Conservative Party right now. He’s just pointing out the failures of the Liberal party and allowing them to self destruct. He doesn’t have to do much. The liberals are toast. Nothing short of radical changes and kicking Justin out is going to save them. We’re looking at a conservative majority right now. The economy is facing a recession and as per today’s numbers, residential investment dropped. Looks like housing might crash.
Yeah. I would say PP is really lucky. Although one could say luck smiles to strong and smart.
All he has to do is cut immigration and spending. That should solve 90% of the problems.
Liberals self destructing is spot on. Sometimes, I think maybe those ministers are trying to get rid of Trudeau, but I guess most likely they are just that incompetent.

The challenge for PP probably will be if he can hang on to the power when the economy crashes.
There is no other way for Canada, either crash hard like ripping off the Band-Aid or slow and loooong recession.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
All he has to do is cut immigration and spending. That should solve 90% of the problems.
If it was this simple...

They cut down spending, Canadians will go to war. Canadians are addicted to benefits doled out by the government.
They cut down immigration, Quebec will leave them.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
If it was this simple...

They cut down spending, Canadians will go to war. Canadians are addicted to benefits doled out by the government.
They cut down immigration, Quebec will leave them.
I don't see Quebec leaving Canada, at least not for immigration, when I was there people around are saying independence was nice to have, but not necessary, especially since there simply was no way out without causing an economic meltdown in Quebec. They were worried with 2 things basically, (1) what's going to happen with their Canadian Dollars if they leave, and (2) how is the US going to treat them afterwards - apparently a lot of their goods are being bought by the US. Quebec leaving Canada means Quebec leaving NAFTA/USMCA. Given that the US is quite hawkish on free trade nowadays they'll probably squeeze every drop of maple syrup in Quebec before it gives them any concessions. Plus looking on how Brexit turned out to be for UK, I think Quebec is more worried with their pockets than their independence.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
It’s a common phenomenon. The more time you spend on the internet, the more cynical and pessimistic you get. If you were to visit the subreddits of every country on the planet, you would get the impression that every country is the “worst fucking place” on the planet. Since the advent of social media, It’s much easier for people to vent out their frustrations online rather than taking concrete measures to improve their own lives. “Hyperbole” and “Instant gratification” are features of my generation (millennials) and Gen Z. We would rather spend our time bitching online than creating any meaningful change through our votes. This sort of apathy towards elections and voting has brought about the current crisis facing most developed countries. Unfortunately, unless we become aware of the importance of voting, we’re not going to bring about any meaningful change and we will continue to bitch online. One can only hope that this will change and millennials will finally take elections and voting seriously. I can see it happening in Canada.
I don't look at social media to get my impressions, I look at job openings - and their project salary, as well as rental/housing market. I open up Excel punch in the numbers, and that's where I get my impressions.

About voting, well: (1) - I can't vote yet, (2) most NIMBY's are voting against cheaper housing, and (3) given Canada's long lifespan, it's going to take a while before the millennials take over the voting population. Now it could change for sure, the real question is (1) if it does, when?, and (2) what are you going to do from then and now?