+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Yeah, I figured ITA wasn't enough. But I'm not sure of how the process works. I assume that after sending all the documents she'll have to wait for approval. When she gets approval on PR, I assume she'll get a letter from IRCC stating so. Will that letter be enough to provide proof that I have a sister in Canada who's a PR? Or will I need to provide a copy of her actual permanent resident card?
Per Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca

Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having
  • a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
Meaning a letter from IRCC or CoPR may not be sufficient to prove her status if you wish to claim the extra points as they would need the actual copy of the PR card.

Reactions: andrews17

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Leaving H1B to chase a PR that "might" come - especially when most of these folks are working for large, established companies with affordable COL and good careers. I was still expecting this program to be filled within hours tbh.
I've heard from my Indian colleagues that all who are born in India don't get USA Green Cards for 25 years and that might go up by 90 years or something soon. In my office the buzz was Canada was trying to attract those

Last edited:

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Yeah, I figured ITA wasn't enough. But I'm not sure of how the process works. I assume that after sending all the documents she'll have to wait for approval. When she gets approval on PR, I assume she'll get a letter from IRCC stating so. Will that letter be enough to provide proof that I have a sister in Canada who's a PR? Or will I need to provide a copy of her actual permanent resident card?
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Vr7sG9VU0FM

Reactions: andrews17

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
How will the 10k H1-B impact the STEM category draw? It is safe to assume that most of the candidates would belong to the tech occupations. Is this the reason we have seen only 500 invited under STEM?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
How will the 10k H1-B impact the STEM category draw? It is safe to assume that most of the candidates would belong to the tech occupations. Is this the reason we have seen only 500 invited under STEM?
my guess it yes, some of them might be young doctors planning a potential alternative but otherwise mostly IT professionals is my guess.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you look at numbers. There are 1.2-1.5 mil tech workers in Canada. Top 90 percentile pool comes out to be ~100k - that leads < 10k top 90 percentile workers available per major tech category. That's an insanely low amount of talent available. Not to mention that anyone who's good will be poached by American companies.

There's an actual demand and a reason why STEM category should get a large draw. The talent discovery and hiring friction alone means that most employers would ask IRCC for access to foreign talent. Now it is upto IRCC to see whether they actually want to address these issues or whether they've set plans that they'll stick to.

Reactions: Shravan_Kumar

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
If you look at numbers. There are 1.2-1.5 mil tech workers in Canada. Top 90 percentile pool comes out to be ~100k - that leads < 10k top 90 percentile workers available per major tech category. That's an insanely low amount of talent available. Not to mention that anyone who's good will be poached by American companies.

There's an actual demand and a reason why STEM category should get a large draw. The talent discovery and hiring friction alone means that most employers would ask IRCC for access to foreign talent. Now it is upto IRCC to see whether they actually want to address these issues or whether they've set plans that they'll stick to.
Some very good points here. If sense prevails we should indeed see good number of candidates invited under the STEM draw. But then again sense and IRCC have not been the best of friends always. Hope

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW

I know this is going to sound super anti-immigration and extremely ironic but is the demand for exponentially growing jobs or is the demand to bring wages down for jobs that are already there and/or are growing slowly?

Canada is well known for shit wages, even for stem fields. Canadian universities are graduating a talent pool which majorly moves immediately to US.
Adding more immigrants to this further suppresses the already low wages and unfortunately this is a growing rhetoric now, because a lot of born and brought up Canadians work in these domains for high wages and high QOL.

Also, H1B people moving here would mess their American GC application big time, many are applying for all these streams as an extreme back up.
Some IT folks I know are happily ready to go back to India because (apparently) wages PPP wise are better than Canada and some folks are getting offers they can't no to from GCC.
Either way, waiting to see how this pans out.

Another question thar comes to my mind is that if US becomes a survival of fittest job market again, won't Canada end up inviting the rejects? Maybe a few brilliant people get laid off due to unavailable circumstances but majority I assume would get laid off based on quality/efficiency of work?

I don't know, way more aspects here that what meets the eye.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Ontario held a tech draw with CRS range of 458-462. Might be an indication for the next STEM draw I suppose. I am at 464 and missed out on this one. FML !! Don’t want to be stuck between OINP not coming up to 464 and EE not going down to 464 !!!

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
I wonder when the next draw will be.. hopefully there will be one today or tomorrow..
OINP just conducted a tech draw for CRS 458-462. Don’t know how much we can read into this as their draw cutoffs are generally 1 point lower than the EE, but the draw is after the EE draw. So do they know something in advance or they just randomly choose this range? Let’s just hope it’s the former !

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
OINP just conducted a tech draw for CRS 458-462. Don’t know how much we can read into this as their draw cutoffs are generally 1 point lower than the EE, but the draw is after the EE draw. So do they know something in advance or they just randomly choose this range? Let’s just hope it’s the former !
They did one point less than the healthcare draw in EE, which was 463... they don't seem to be thinking this through, as always.

Reactions: Shravan_Kumar