File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife and I have my EE profile at 473 points, with me being the main applicant. I fall under STEM category and my wife under healthcare category (based on education and Canadian experience). Can she receive an ITA for a healthcare draw if she's the spouse of the main applicant? If she creates a profile as the main applicant, her score goes below 400.
No, she won't receive ITA as the spouse on your EE profile.

She needs to be the primary applicant and must have her own EE profile to get ITA.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #257– July 11, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued:
800Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 800 or above

Date and time of round: July 11, 2023 at 17:53:49 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 505

Tie-breaking rule: October 01, 2022 at 06:13:05 UTC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #257– July 11, 2023

No Program Specified

800Footnote*

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html
IRCC / the ministry have dug a deeper hole now. I feel only
1) young - maximum age early 30's
2) Canada experience - maximum age mid 30's
3) Francophones
will make the ITA ranks hereon. All others have to try their luck with PNP, but I feel soon even the PNP admission scores also will go over the heads for a lot others.
Even though I failed Australian immigration because of the high scores in IT stream, I now feel Australian streamwise (a grouping of NOCS if you compared to Canada) ranking is much better for non-IT folks there. In Canada these systems doesn't help anyone barring the 3 categories I have mentioned above

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

No Program Specified

800Footnote*

The Express Entry draw that took place on July 11, 2023 issued 800 invitations to apply for permanent residence. The CRS cut-off score for this draw was 800, and the lowest-ranked candidate invited had a CRS score of 505.

The tie-breaking rule that was used in this draw was the date and time that the Express Entry profile was submitted. This means that the candidates who were invited were the ones who had submitted their profiles earliest.

If you are interested in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry program, I recommend that you check the IRCC website regularly for updates on upcoming draws. You can also sign up for the Express Entry notification service to be notified when new draws are announced.

Here are some additional tips for improving your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry program:

• Get a high level of education: The higher your educational qualifications, the more points you will receive.
  • Gain work experience in a skilled occupation: The more work experience you have in a skilled occupation, the more points you will receive.
  • Learn a Canadian language: The better your language skills, the more points you will receive.
  • Be young: The younger you are, the more points you will receive.
  • Have a spouse or common-law partner who is also eligible: If you have a spouse or common-law partner who is also eligible for the Express Entry program, you will receive an additional 10 points.
  • Have a valid job offer in Canada: If you have a valid job offer in Canada, you will receive an additional 200 points.
I hope this helps!

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023
It seems they may do more category draws this week, with the low general draw today. I wonder if they will do healthcare and STEM again, or move on to some of the other categories.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
It seems they may do more category draws this week, with the low general draw today. I wonder if they will do healthcare and STEM again, or move on to some of the other categories.
It is difficult to say for sure what IRCC will do next, but it is likely that they will continue to hold Express Entry draws throughout the summer.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I'm pretty sure that tomorrow they will do the missing stem draw because those 500 invitations from last week just didn't make any sense.

Reactions: andrews17

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I'm pretty sure that tomorrow they will do the missing stem draw because those 500 invitations from last week just didn't make any sense.
I think it's possible that IRCC will hold a STEM draw tomorrow, as you suggested.

STEM occupations are in high demand in Canada, and IRCC has been actively targeting these occupations in recent draws. It is possible that IRCC will hold another STEM draw tomorrow to further target these occupations and to invite more candidates to apply for permanent residence.

However, it is also possible that IRCC will hold a draw for a different category, such as healthcare or business immigration. It is difficult to say for sure what IRCC will do next, but it is likely that they will continue to hold Express Entry draws throughout the summer.

Reactions: andrews17

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
IRCC / the ministry have dug a deeper hole now. I feel only
1) young - maximum age early 30's
2) Canada experience - maximum age mid 30's
3) Francophones
will make the ITA ranks hereon. All others have to try their luck with PNP, but I feel soon even the PNP admission scores also will go over the heads for a lot others.
Even though I failed Australian immigration because of the high scores in IT stream, I now Australian streamwise (a grouping of NOCS if you compared to Canada) ranking is much better for non-IT folks there. In Canada these systems doesn't help anyone barring the 3 categories I have mentioned above
Isn’t that what the country actually needs? Bringing in immigrants who have no scope to establish successful careers in Canada is counterproductive. It doesn’t help the immigrants coming in and neither does it help Canada. That was the biggest flaw of the express entry system. Canada needs healthcare workers, STEM professionals and construction workers the most. Now, it actually gets to bring them in. The general draws are now reserved only for the cream of the crop.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I think it's possible that IRCC will hold a STEM draw tomorrow, as you suggested.

STEM occupations are in high demand in Canada, and IRCC has been actively targeting these occupations in recent draws. It is possible that IRCC will hold another STEM draw tomorrow to further target these occupations and to invite more candidates to apply for permanent residence.

However, it is also possible that IRCC will hold a draw for a different category, such as healthcare or business immigration. It is difficult to say for sure what IRCC will do next, but it is likely that they will continue to hold Express Entry draws throughout the summer.
How do we make you stop replying posts unless you are quoted?

Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The Express Entry draw that took place on July 11, 2023 issued 800 invitations to apply for permanent residence. The CRS cut-off score for this draw was 800, and the lowest-ranked candidate invited had a CRS score of 505.

The tie-breaking rule that was used in this draw was the date and time that the Express Entry profile was submitted. This means that the candidates who were invited were the ones who had submitted their profiles earliest.

If you are interested in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry program, I recommend that you check the IRCC website regularly for updates on upcoming draws. You can also sign up for the Express Entry notification service to be notified when new draws are announced.

Here are some additional tips for improving your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry program:

• Get a high level of education: The higher your educational qualifications, the more points you will receive.
  • Gain work experience in a skilled occupation: The more work experience you have in a skilled occupation, the more points you will receive.
  • Learn a Canadian language: The better your language skills, the more points you will receive.
  • Be young: The younger you are, the more points you will receive.
  • Have a spouse or common-law partner who is also eligible: If you have a spouse or common-law partner who is also eligible for the Express Entry program, you will receive an additional 10 points.
  • Have a valid job offer in Canada: If you have a valid job offer in Canada, you will receive an additional 200 points.
I hope this helps!
And this is why ChatGPT sucks as a "bot". Rank and score. Upto 200 additional points is not same as additional 200 points!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Isn’t that what the country actually needs? Bringing in immigrants who have no scope to establish successful careers in Canada is counterproductive. It doesn’t help the immigrants coming in and neither does it help Canada. That was the biggest flaw of the express entry system. Canada needs healthcare workers, STEM professionals and construction workers the most. Now, it actually gets to bring them in. The general draws are now reserved only for the cream of the crop.
What about license requirments for those health care professionals that IRCC is inviting now? Just imagine, these people will need to live on minimum wage in a super expensive country until they get their license which I heard is limited attempts and takes a long time so Canada will not see immediate benefits of them coming here. I highly doubt any proper healthcare professional like a doctor will come here to struggle when they can make good money back home, they will most likely leave.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
What about license requirements for those health care professionals that IRCC is inviting now? Just imagine, these people will need to live on minimum wage in a super expensive country until they get their license which I heard is limited attempts and takes a long time so Canada will not see immediate benefits of them coming here. I highly doubt any proper healthcare professional like a doctor will come here to struggle when they can make good money back home, they will most likely leave.
Ya the licensing is big problem I agree.
However the selection itself I feel there are gaps. Some examples
1) In Information Technology the ones experienced in latest and greatest in technology e.g. Artificial Intelligence or Cybersecurity should get more preference over some junkie who worked in a legacy mainframe technology from the 1980/90's or some generic Business Analyst.
2) I don't know much about healthcare professionals, but I assume won't roles like nurses and doctors be more important to canada. Shouldn't they have more priority over others e.g. than a general admin manager in healthcare.
From what I understand IRCC doesn't do any merit based evaluations which applicant or skill or role is more important for Canada. I say this based on the immigrants I recruit for my teams in my area in IT. A lot of those who got PR are not truly merit based is what I feel. They get PRs because they are lucky their experience fall within often generic NOC definitions, they manage to source generic experience letters from their employers, added the points for low age, . They come here realize there in no such jobs as they did formerly in their own countries, even if there are such jobs often they are very low pay not affordable for Toronto or Vancouver. Then they struggle to get the new truly in demand skills that pay market salary, cheat the recruiting managers etc...

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Sorry I disagree, for majority of the roles yes what you say is true. However not or every role in the world it is best to have 32 year old. Canada also needs a blend of both youth and experienced personnel. The more experienced one is, they shouldn't loose so much points on age as they do currently, else there will never be a balanced workforce in areas where experience matters.
The more labor intensive fields I completely agree youth is best choice. There are roles where only experienced folks are needed Surgeons, Researchers, Counselors, Professors, Design engineers. Even in IT you never find good Enterprise Architects who are much less than 45 yrs old. Which is why apart from balancing the age vs experience, tagging roles with a specific range of points is equally important and I feel Australia has done much better in that than Canada.