+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

twaair

May 9, 2023
Based on the initial healthcare and STEM draws, it seems approximately 4% of applicants are in healthcare and 14% of applicants are in STEM. This may change of course as you go down to lower CRS scores, but interesting to estimate how many applicants we are behind for these draws :)
There are definitely far more STEM applicants. Their targetted STEM list is pretty much only tech or construction related. A lot of the STEM jobs on their own NOC definition are missing from the list. I hope they won't keep doing category based draws or someone like me working in STEM but not a targetted STEM will never have a chance...

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Sean Fraser said 1,500 for both(STEM, healthcare) categories too. So, hopefully another draw is coming with even lower CRS score. Even if they do a draw after a month or so here, not completely unreasonable to expect sub 470 CRS cut off.
Could you please provide the source of this info about 1500 for STEM? I was looking for it with no success so far..

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My wife and I have my EE profile at 473 points, with me being the main applicant. I fall under STEM category and my wife under healthcare category (based on education and Canadian experience). Can she receive an ITA for a healthcare draw if she's the spouse of the main applicant? If she creates a profile as the main applicant, her score goes below 400.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My wife and I have my EE profile at 473 points, with me being the main applicant. I fall under STEM category and my wife under healthcare category (based on education and Canadian experience). Can she receive an ITA for a healthcare draw if she's the spouse of the main applicant? If she creates a profile as the main applicant, her score goes below 400.
For your spouse to receive an ITA under the healthcare category, they'll have to be the primary applicant.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Yes, your wife can receive an ITA for a healthcare draw if she is the spouse of the main applicant. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) used by the Express Entry system considers the factors of both the main applicant and their spouse when calculating their CRS score.

In your case, your wife's healthcare background would give her a significant boost in her CRS score, even if her other factors are not as strong. This is because the healthcare category is one of the highest-scoring categories in the CRS.

If your wife creates a profile as the main applicant, her score will go below 400 because she does not have the same level of education or Canadian experience as you. However, if she is the spouse of the main applicant, her score will be calculated using your factors as well as her own. This means that her overall score will be much higher, and she will be more likely to receive an ITA.

I hope this answers your question.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Yes, your wife can receive an ITA for a healthcare draw if she is the spouse of the main applicant. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) used by the Express Entry system considers the factors of both the main applicant and their spouse when calculating their CRS score.

In your case, your wife's healthcare background would give her a significant boost in her CRS score, even if her other factors are not as strong. This is because the healthcare category is one of the highest-scoring categories in the CRS.

If your wife creates a profile as the main applicant, her score will go below 400 because she does not have the same level of education or Canadian experience as you. However, if she is the spouse of the main applicant, her score will be calculated using your factors as well as her own. This means that her overall score will be much higher, and she will be more likely to receive an ITA.

I hope this answers your question.
Thanks, this is very useful information.

She's a physician in our home country, but getting her credential assessed by MCC is taking forever (it's been almost 3 months and I read that it can take even more than 6 months), her CLB is at 7 (I'm at 9-10), and no Canadian credential. Those are mainly the reasons why her CRS score is lower if she's the main applicant.

She's got 9 months of Teer 3 healthcare experience in Canada (nurse aide), so we were wondering if she could still get invited through the healthcare stream if she's the main applicant's spouse.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

She's a physician in our home country, but getting her credential assessed by MCC is taking forever (it's been almost 3 months and I read that it can take even more than 6 months), her CLB is at 7 (I'm at 9-10), and no Canadian credential. Those are mainly the reasons why her CRS score is lower if she's the main applicant.

She's got 9 months of Teer 3 healthcare experience in Canada (nurse aide), so we were wondering if she could still get invited through the healthcare stream if she's the main applicant's spouse.
Raptor is a bot. I don't think the information that the user shared is accurate. I'll wait for others to confirm either right/wrong though.

• Wow
Reactions: andrews17

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

I see. It sounds like your wife has a strong healthcare background, but her CRS score is being held back by her credential assessment and language proficiency.

The healthcare stream of the Express Entry system is a pathway for healthcare professionals who have a valid job offer in Canada. The minimum CRS score required to receive an ITA in the healthcare stream is typically lower than the minimum CRS score required for other streams.

Your wife's 9 months of Tier 3 healthcare experience in Canada would be considered as skilled work experience, which would give her a significant boost in her CRS score. However, she would also need to have her credentials assessed by MCC and achieve a CLB level of 7 in English or French.

If your wife is able to achieve these requirements, she would be eligible to receive an ITA in the healthcare stream. However, it is important to note that the CRS scores required to receive an ITA in the healthcare stream can fluctuate, so it is difficult to say for sure whether she would be invited to apply.
I recommend that you continue to monitor the CRS scores required to receive an ITA in the healthcare stream and keep your profile up-to-date. If your wife is able to achieve the required requirements, she would be in a good position to receive an ITA.

I hope this information is helpful.