+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
At this point I'm making honor at the first part of your name haha.

Anyways, I got an Arrima invitation already, but I want to see If I can get that EE ITA.
ARRIMA is Quebec right? Trust me, if you can, go for EE. Your life will be 100X easier plus you won't be stuck in that regressive province

Reactions: Shadow09

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
ARRIMA is Quebec right? Trust me, if you can, go for EE. Your life will be 100X easier plus you won't be stuck in that regressive province
I do like quebec actually, but it is true about the processing times.

Anyways, I truly hope that the score descends to 480, but, still, I suppose that there is an Ontario tech draw nearby and I could also receive an invitation there

Reactions: Jazkh

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

Anyways, I truly hope that the score descends to 480, but, still, I suppose that there is an Ontario tech draw nearby and I could also receive an invitation there
Thank you. Is that your score?

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020

It will be interesting to see how the OINP Tech draw looks like now. STEM will essentially take their target candidates. So I am assuming they will have their cutoff at a little lower range than the STEM Cutoff.
My assumption is a high 470 cutoff for STEM. Best of luck

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
It will be interesting to see how the OINP Tech draw looks like now. STEM will essentially take their target candidates. So I am assuming they will have their cutoff at a little lower range than the STEM Cutoff.
475 and above or 478 and above?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
OINP's Feb 2nd tech draw invited everyone >= 481, then IRCC made a 481 draw at the end of March, by when only few got and accepted their province nomination. I assume the next STEM draw is likely going to sabotage OINP's May 5th tech draw as well.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
OINP's Feb 2nd tech draw invited everyone >= 481, then IRCC made a 481 draw at the end of March, by when only few got and accepted their province nomination. I assume the next STEM draw is likely going to sabotage OINP's May 5th tech draw as well.
Gives OINP more of a reason to align with the STEM cutoff and make sure their cutoff is below it. Otherwise EE will keep picking their candidates.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Gives OINP more of a reason to align with the STEM cutoff and make sure their cutoff is below it. Otherwise EE will keep picking their candidates.
Well being honest OINP has never been good at picking candidates.

I remember that during the pandemic they kept inviting people with score of 469 just because the last All programs draw was at that score. So many people like me with more than 469 didn't receive an invitation....

It was a disaster.... having a score too high for Ontario, but too low for express entry, and, meanwhile CEC with score of 75 were also receiving invitations. We were trapped in a hell.

Thank you. Is that your score?
it is yes.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
CRS is not bad for draw size of 500! Can expect it to definitely go down a lot next time if the frequency of these draws is decent.

STEM occupations (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
500Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 500 or above

Date and time of round: July 05, 2023 13:38:22 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486

Tie-breaking rule: November 23, 2022 00:01:29 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
CRS is not bad for draw size of 500! Can expect it to definitely go down a lot next time if the frequency of these draws is decent.

STEM occupations (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
500Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 500 or above

Date and time of round: July 05, 2023 13:38:22 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486

Tie-breaking rule: November 23, 2022 00:01:29 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html
Looks like a test draw of 500, similar to healthcare.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023
Based on the initial healthcare and STEM draws, it seems approximately 4% of applicants are in healthcare and 14% of applicants are in STEM. This may change of course as you go down to lower CRS scores, but interesting to estimate how many applicants we are behind for these draws :)

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Based on the initial healthcare and STEM draws, it seems approximately 4% of applicants are in healthcare and 14% of applicants are in STEM. This may change of course as you go down to lower CRS scores, but interesting to estimate how many applicants we are behind for these draws :)
All this category draw hype for 500 people, great. Makes complete sense.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Sean Fraser said 1,500 for both(STEM, healthcare) categories too. So, hopefully another draw is coming with even lower CRS score. Even if they do a draw after a month or so here, not completely unreasonable to expect sub 470 CRS cut off.
Yes, I fully expect bigger draw size for STEM and Healthcare in the upcoming week/weeks or for that matter even tomorrow. This looks like check draws to see if their systems are in place and working as per intent.

Reactions: zagcollins