+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
If you want Quebec you should check out Arrima, they have their own system separate from Express Entry. But there are a lot of Francophone communities outside Montreal that are worth considering, since French gives a lot of EE points.
Arrima is a dumb immigration system, they choose like 90% of tech immigrants and Quebec politicians wants less and less immigrants.
The best option for Francophones (like me) is ironically Express Entry.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Arrima is a dumb immigration system, they choose like 90% of tech immigrants and Quebec politicians wants less and less immigrants.
The best option for Francophones (like me) is ironically Express Entry.
I think there's a slight confusion here. The person who asked the question has already received CoPR. They are asking about settling in Quebec as a FSW.

Reactions: sidou

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
I see, didn't know Arrima is that bad, since I'm not going for Quebec myself. I just saw it mentioned a lot in the French groups.

On Reddit, I've seen people saying it's risky to move to Quebec right away after EE, since it can look like misrepresentation. Could cause problems during citizenship application or PR renewal (according to them).

Reactions: sidou

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I see, didn't know Arrima is that bad, since I'm not going for Quebec myself. I just saw it mentioned a lot in the French groups.

On Reddit, I've seen people saying it's risky to move to Quebec right away after EE, since it can look like misrepresentation. Could cause problems during citizenship application or PR renewal (according to them).
Don't trust what random people say. Trust the seniors of this forum who have been sharing unbiased and helpful info from years (if not decades). Here's what Legalfalcon said: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/settling-in-quebec-as-fsw-o.778899/post-10234661

>As a FSW, when land and are admitted into Canada, you become a PR. Immediately upon becoming a PR, you have a constitutional right to live and settle in any part of Canada, including Quebec. This constitutional right is enshrined in the "mobility right" under section 6 the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom.

For details see: https://bit.ly/2KZC3ty

For a health Card, if you are an FSW, you can apply that in the province you live in. Health Cards are administered by each province separately. For QC, you will have to apply for a QC health card. Getting a ON health card when you intend to reside in QC is counterintuitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: sidou and pinemaple

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021

That's not true, Quebec is still part of Canada and you have the right to settle there when you become a PR.
The several "francisation" laws that the government of Quebec passed were made to discourage non francophones to move there, and they made French the only official language of Quebec, so If you speak French it's actually the best place to settle in.
Personnaly I will try my luck in Ottawa if I get approved, but if I don't find what I want in 2 months I'll move to Quebec.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

I see. It is important to note that Arrima is not a bad platform in itself. It is simply a tool that can be used to manage immigration applications to Quebec. However, as with any tool, it can be misused. If you are not careful, you could end up misrepresenting yourself to the government, which could lead to problems down the road.

It is important to remember that when you apply for a PR through EE, you are essentially making a commitment to live and work in any province or territory in Canada. If you then move to Quebec immediately after being granted PR, it could be seen as a sign that you were not serious about your commitment to living in another province or territory. This could lead to problems if you ever apply for citizenship or renew your PR.

If you are considering moving to Quebec after being granted PR through EE, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits carefully. You should also be sure to consult with an immigration lawyer to make sure that you are doing everything correctly.

Here are some tips for avoiding misrepresentation when moving to Quebec after being granted PR through EE:
  • Be honest and upfront about your intentions when you apply for PR.
  • Make sure that you have a valid reason for moving to Quebec.
  • Be prepared to provide evidence of your ties to Quebec, such as a job offer, a place to live, or a family member who lives in Quebec.
  • Work with an immigration lawyer to make sure that you are following the correct procedures.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that you do not misrepresent yourself to the government and that you are able to successfully move to Quebec after being granted PR through EE.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I see. It is important to note that Arrima is not a bad platform in itself. It is simply a tool that can be used to manage immigration applications to Quebec. However, as with any tool, it can be misused. If you are not careful, you could end up misrepresenting yourself to the government, which could lead to problems down the road.

It is important to remember that when you apply for a PR through EE, you are essentially making a commitment to live and work in any province or territory in Canada. If you then move to Quebec immediately after being granted PR, it could be seen as a sign that you were not serious about your commitment to living in another province or territory. This could lead to problems if you ever apply for citizenship or renew your PR.

If you are considering moving to Quebec after being granted PR through EE, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits carefully. You should also be sure to consult with an immigration lawyer to make sure that you are doing everything correctly.

Here are some tips for avoiding misrepresentation when moving to Quebec after being granted PR through EE:
  • Be honest and upfront about your intentions when you apply for PR.
  • Make sure that you have a valid reason for moving to Quebec.
  • Be prepared to provide evidence of your ties to Quebec, such as a job offer, a place to live, or a family member who lives in Quebec.
  • Work with an immigration lawyer to make sure that you are following the correct procedures.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that you do not misrepresent yourself to the government and that you are able to successfully move to Quebec after being granted PR through EE.
Stop copy pasting ChatGPT responses.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony and sidou

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
If you want Quebec you should check out Arrima, they have their own system separate from Express Entry. But there are a lot of Francophone communities outside Montreal that are worth considering, since French gives a lot of EE points.
i already have my visa, going this summer

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Start learning french folks! :D

Categories chosen for 2023

For 2023, we chose these categories:

1. French-language proficiency
  2. Healthcare occupations
  3. Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations
  4. Trade occupations
  5. Transport occupations
  6. Agriculture and agri-food occupations

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yes, I agree the house of commons thing will be in 2024. But this IRCC link says they'll announce them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html

"Once categories are decided on by the Minister, they will be announced before we issue invitations. Each year, we will report to Parliament on the categories that were chosen during the previous year and the selection process, including the rationale for choosing them."

This paragraph is found just before the "Proposed priorities and categories for selection".
I couldn't have been more wrong here.

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Do you guys think there will be "general draws" this year? As someone who just entered the pool and whose NOC is not on the category-based list, I am indeed really concerned. I just scored 501, had high hope before today...

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Do you guys think there will be "general draws" this year? As someone who just enter the pool whose NOC is not on the category-based list, I am indeed really concerned. I just scored 501, had high hope before today...
They've not said anything about pausing general draws. The C-19 and M44 docs (shared on the forum multiple times) stated that the general draws would resume for 2023 (no mention about 2024). So, that's the best we know right now. 501 is competitive even if CRS goes up with category specific draws(reduction in general EE ITAs).

Reactions: OneStepAtATime