+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Not yet - they're supposed to announce the categories before implementing. Wondering when it'll start (the Minister said later this year).
Im gonna get 465 in october (2yoe in-canada). 473ish would probably be doable by redoing ielts. Just wandering how it'd affect things with my NOC (2174)

Otherwise, might have to beg for LMIA or for my employer to move me to SK and apply through their PNP. Manitoba PNP draws have been on a wild ride. I didn't expect scores would have gone above 650 back in 2022

Last edited:

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Im gonna get 465 in october (2yoe in-canada). 473ish would probably be doable by redoing ielts. Just wandering how it'd affect things with my NOC (2174)

Otherwise, might have to beg for LMIA or for my employer to move me to SK and apply through their PNP. Manitoba PNP draws have been on a wild ride. I didn't expect scores would have gone above 650 back in 2022
Yeah no one expected scores to be so high but it seems they will keep going up and never come down. Best of luck

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Not yet - they're supposed to announce the categories before implementing. Wondering when it'll start (the Minister said later this year).
Yeah no one expected scores to be so high but it seems they will keep going up and never come down. Best of luck
Are you talking about MB pnp or EE CRS, crs have been going down a bit ?

Mb pnp is a bit unpredictable. They announced a separate draw for critical occupation but they just pick nocs at random instead of having a more thorough list like alberta, sk or BC

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
They can conduct C-19 draws without announcing the categories in advance. It(announcing categories) is a poor interpretation by RCICs of Sean Fraser's obligations to announce these categories in the house of commons which would likely happen in early 2024.

Whether they can roll-out C-19 and/or have the technology ready for it is another story though. Most likely, someone from Sep 2023 AOR will have a PPR before that happens.

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone
Moving to Canada as FSW, I speak good French, so what are my options here to move/live in Quebec ? When ?
Can I give an address in Quebec to receive PR card ? Or should I go else where to receive PR card, then move back to Quebec ?
Any issues I may face in the future ? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
They can conduct C-19 draws without announcing the categories in advance. It(announcing categories) is a poor interpretation by RCICs of Sean Fraser's obligations to announce these categories in the house of commons which would likely happen in early 2024.

Whether they can roll-out C-19 and/or have the technology ready for it is another story though. Most likely, someone from Sep 2023 AOR will have a PPR before that happens.
Yes, I agree the house of commons thing will be in 2024. But this IRCC link says they'll announce them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html

"Once categories are decided on by the Minister, they will be announced before we issue invitations. Each year, we will report to Parliament on the categories that were chosen during the previous year and the selection process, including the rationale for choosing them."

This paragraph is found just before the "Proposed priorities and categories for selection".

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Yes, I agree the house of commons thing will be in 2024. But this IRCC link says they'll announce them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html

"Once categories are decided on by the Minister, they will be announced before we issue invitations. Each year, we will report to Parliament on the categories that were chosen during the previous year and the selection process, including the rationale for choosing them."

This paragraph is found just before the "Proposed priorities and categories for selection".
Hmm I was under the impression they're about to do it this summer. I don't know how it'd interact with existing PNP program. I suspect PNP targetting common occupation may get easier (healthcare, tech)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

I saw several RCICs saying they made a mistake by saying "they'll announce" - weird times.

Reactions: Economist9

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hmm I was under the impression they're about to do it this summer. I don't know how it'd interact with existing PNP program. I suspect PNP targetting common occupation may get easier (healthcare, tech)
Yeah these categories seem like another PNP. So the federal high skilled immigration based on human capital scores (education, experience, age and language ability) is being replaced by just another PNP, which the provinces are doing anyway. This is really unfortunate.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I saw several RCICs saying they made a mistake by saying "they'll announce" - weird times.
Yes, I guess they thought the parliament announcement and report will be in February 2023, and then the categories will take effect. But it looks like the parliament report will be next year.

And this link is probably about IRCC just announcing on their website that a set of categories will be invited.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, as preparing for landing, I would like to clarify some confusion I have. From my understanding, after landing it takes 1-3 months to get PR card. Once we get a PR card, we can apply for SIN number which is necessary to get employed for payroll, etc. However, some people saying they get a job after 2 weeks of landing, etc. How do they do that when you need a PR card and SIN to work? Or can we work with just a COPR document and update employer afterwards when we receive PR card, SIN, etc. Thanks in advance.

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
Hello everyone
Moving to Canada as FSW, I speak good French, so what are my options here to move/live in Quebec ? When ?
Can I give an address in Quebec to receive PR card ? Or should I go else where to receive PR card, then move back to Quebec ?
Any issues I may face in the future ? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!
If you want Quebec you should check out Arrima, they have their own system separate from Express Entry. But there are a lot of Francophone communities outside Montreal that are worth considering, since French gives a lot of EE points.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, as preparing for landing, I would like to clarify some confusion I have. From my understanding, after landing it takes 1-3 months to get PR card. Once we get a PR card, we can apply for SIN number which is necessary to get employed for payroll, etc. However, some people saying they get a job after 2 weeks of landing, etc. How do they do that when you need a PR card and SIN to work? Or can we work with just a COPR document and update employer afterwards when we receive PR card, SIN, etc. Thanks in advance.
You can apply for SIN with stamped CoPR and passport.