VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Reactions: RSub

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is a great point to begin the actual discussion.

IRCC has been criticized so much for not saying openly and blatantly that "PR is a difficult game, 90% students won't get it" - There are documentaries, tweets, etc that you can go through from students to back up this claim. Everyone says (and literally cries) that someone would've told them how hard it would be post paying for this education. Sean Fraser said it in one of the documentaries that few students will actually make it to PR.

Kubeir is doing exactly what IRCC is being criticized for. I think he's playing a decent role in saying it is hard.

About the portrayal. From a million TRVs - how many do you think will make the cut? I think the number of people who'll go back speaks for the TRUE representation of results. Same goes for 460s, they are unlikely to make the cut. Definitely Kubeir or any other consultant saying this won't make him a bad person.

How is he a bad person? A person telling you an outcome could be wrong or right too. I'm yet to see a reason for hating him, but I do see his contribution and that's something that is to be appreciated. I have to have a reason to hate someone. My spouse hired a consultant for my FSW in 2019 when I was out of India, we paid ~$1,300. That consultant did nothing on my application for 3-5 months. I hate that immigration company, as they clearly scammed me of money (and opportunity to be in a pool when CRS was low). But, I don't see a reason to hate him yet.

The comments in response to my post are deflective (not from you, both others) and that says what's wrong with them.

Buddy, Ive had some terrible experiences myself. Cant believe how much I paid for help, which amounted in zero results. I wish there was an IRCC educational program that would empower us, teach us how it works, and not fall victim to scams.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
This is exactly it. I appreciate that he is looking at the data to his best abilities and judging it as honestly as he is able to. The data does not care about your feelings nor mine. They are what they are and that's how he prefers to present it, not sugarcoat it.
True. Data is date. But people do judge his personality and those have dealt with him personally often do not like his demeaner. Like okay, he's intelligent but if he's not able to form a rapport then eventually he'll have haters, like anyone else. And I have heard quite often that he is pretty egoistic with his clients. But then again, I don't have a skin in this game, I am not for or against him. Just sharing what I heard from many people who used his services, including some close friends.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I am stuck at 480, being patient, and not planning to learn French from scratch to be told that I need other qualifications from scratch to even get into a professional field once there.
I will say bite the bullet and learn the darned language. Its not just for profit but for fun too. Folks here always say Quebec is a wonderful place for dating.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
This is a great point to begin the actual discussion.

IRCC has been criticized so much for not saying openly and blatantly that "PR is a difficult game, 90% students won't get it" - There are documentaries, tweets, etc that you can go through from students to back up this claim. Everyone says (and literally cries) that someone would've told them how hard it would be post paying for this education. Sean Fraser said it in one of the documentaries that few students will actually make it to PR.

Kubeir is doing exactly what IRCC is being criticized for. I think he's playing a decent role in saying it is hard.

About the portrayal. From a million TRVs - how many do you think will make the cut? I think the number of people who'll go back speaks for the TRUE representation of results. Same goes for 460s, they are unlikely to make the cut. Definitely Kubeir or any other consultant saying this won't make him a bad person.
IRCC is no one's advisor. PR is hard is a very recent phenomenon. Actually these things occur in ebbs and flow. There was a time back in 2013 or so when getting a PR in Australia was a cakewalk. You need 60 points and you are done! There was a time when getting PR in Canada was a cakewalk. You needed decent IELTS, < 30 age, Few years job exp and you were done. Australia tightened the noose and in case of Canada, the neck got fatter.

I am sure once Canada takes more nuanced approach to immigraion by profession and place of settlement, cut off will come down.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Why do I always get the feeling that Kubeir wants the CRS to stay high (not sure what his reason is but lowkey from his tone of speaking I always feel that he doesn't want outsiders to come to CA)

Is it just me or do others get a similar feeling?
It's business, if CRS scores stay high the more likely they'll seek help from consultants like him.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
IRCC is no one's advisor. PR is hard is a very recent phenomenon. Actually these things occur in ebbs and flow. There was a time back in 2013 or so when getting a PR in Australia was a cakewalk. You need 60 points and you are done! There was a time when getting PR in Canada was a cakewalk. You needed decent IELTS, < 30 age, Few years job exp and you were done. Australia tightened the noose and in case of Canada, the neck got fatter.

I am sure once Canada takes more nuanced approach to immigraion by profession and place of settlement, cut off will come down.
PR is still very easy tbh. Giving shit easy exams like IELTS, moderately annoying exams like TEF, etc can still save an applicant from either: taking the student route or becoming an investor. People can raise as little as $100k in funds and qualify for startup PR as well(2-3 years of wait though, still better than spending on a degree).

About the nuanced approach - I'm not 100% sure if that's going to be an easy path.

When AU started inviting by categories, most students took new courses, worked new jobs to make those cut offs. Some did it for another 4-5 years before giving up. While it had an impact on brand AU, it didn't impacted the number of TRVs in AU by a lot. What those low cut offs did was to create endless loops of "hopefulness" where people though if I got this education and 1 year exp - I'll get a PR in the next 2 years. When they reached those cutoffs, so did a lot more - the cut off category wise went up. AU's category specific invites fluctuated in numbers too.

Brand Canada is easily 2x Brand AU right now when it comes to immigration. It is very hard to say what would be the outcome here.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I thought CRS will increase instead?
if you think about it some of the in demand professions like construction workers or software engineers or iirc truck drivers are not abundant in the pool as you’d think. If Canada needs 25000 software engineers / developers in a year (a random number I’m guessing) from outside Canada then the crs for that NOC would probably be 450s even. For truck drivers and construction workers I don’t think it will even be above 425.

NOC matters for the economy. Removing people from the pool with the most in demand NOCs will drop the CRS very quickly. The first in line will be the lucky ones when this starts. After a while that will also be tougher to get into as more people start considering Canada while at the same time Canada starts having enough immigrations from that NOC pool.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
if you think about it some of the in demand professions like construction workers or software engineers or iirc truck drivers are not abundant in the pool as you’d think. If Canada needs 25000 software engineers / developers in a year (a random number I’m guessing) from outside Canada then the crs for that NOC would probably be 450s even.
Pretty sure Software developers are in excess supply (while being in an in-demand profession). I don't think CRS for it would be low.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Buddy, Ive had some terrible experiences myself. Cant believe how much I paid for help, which amounted in zero results. I wish there was an IRCC educational program that would empower us, teach us how it works, and not fall victim to scams.
There are programs. They go to universities and corporations to give talks/presentations on immigration pathways and processes. They do this in select locations overseas as well.
No idea if these programs, talks, and/seminars are any good (it is IRCC, they are most likely terrible) but they exist.

Reactions: Jazkh

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I thought CRS will increase instead?
To be honest, we do not know what kind of system they will put in place. Assuming its like Australia, where individual profession code is given its own cut off, if demand is high enough; for a lot of people it will be a quick access to immigration because they will be competing against folks of their own profession only.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
PR is still very easy tbh. Giving shit easy exams like IELTS, moderately annoying exams like TEF, etc can still save an applicant from either: taking the student route or becoming an investor. People can raise as little as $100k in funds and qualify for startup PR as well(2-3 years of wait though, still better than spending on a degree).
Learning french to pass TEF is quite an undertaking.

And getting PR via business/startup route is harder. Actually much fewer folks take that path and processing time is much longer. The best route is ICT route. Come here as an expat. Then become PR.

About the nuanced approach - I'm not 100% sure if that's going to be an easy path.
If they follow Australia's path it will certainly be better.

When AU started inviting by categories, most students took new courses, worked new jobs to make those cut offs. Some did it for another 4-5 years before giving up. While it had an impact on brand AU, it didn't impacted the number of TRVs in AU by a lot. What those low cut offs did was to create endless loops of "hopefulness" where people though if I got this education and 1 year exp - I'll get a PR in the next 2 years. When they reached those cutoffs, so did a lot more - the cut off category wise went up. AU's category specific invites fluctuated in numbers too.

Brand Canada is easily 2x Brand AU right now when it comes to immigration. It is very hard to say what would be the outcome here.
In 2012-2015 or so, AU PR was much much much easier than Canada. Used to take much shorter time. Was fully online. All you needed to do was to apply. That it. 60 point and you were done.

25-33 : 30 points
Englist IELTS 8 in all : 20 points
Bachelors degree or more: 15 points

Thats 65 points!

If you cann't score 8 in all IELTS ? No problem!

English : 10
Bachelors degree or more : 15
3 years work exp : 5 points

total 60

If you do not want to wait for 3 years work exp?
No problem! You are married, spouse has 6 on ielts, is less than 45 of age and has their degree assessed: 10 points.

It was easy as pie.

Thats what I think per-NOC system should be able to bring in. It will remove all the crowd and the NOCs will not be crowded.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
IELTS CLB9 is not that easy as well for non-native speakers. Most people are stuck at 6.5 for writing or speaking.
Well my opinion is indeed tainted by Indian lens. Indians typically learn english as sole medium of communication over their long schooling and higher education. English is much less of a hurdle for us.