Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
D

Deleted member 1083629

A populist is neither conservative nor liberal. He is ... deceiver. That being said it seems there are only deceivers in Canadian politics.
Correct. That's why I don't expect him or his buddies to change anything. Even if he is elected, he will be just another JT and will keep HIS donors happy first.

D

Deleted member 1083629

All I can say is... never say never.

Sometimes back, in 2018 or so, I was having a conversation with folks here or elsewhere online. Everyone was rambling... The interest rates can never go to 5% and we are doing bank interest rate checks before mortgage so we will never see a housing correction of any sort.

I believed if something more important than housing gets compromised, there will be no way but to increase rates.

All it took was one stupid virus coupled with one conflict to make that happen. Its rare but not that rare too. Food prices went up, they had to ensure that money supply is reduced and they did it with quantitative tightening and now interest rate hikes. Whats more is that even a cooling down in Canada will not stop that so long US and UK experience inflation.

What was thought impossible became possible. It just took something more important getting compromised : Food. I have seen 30-50% correction in BC. Do not bother "benchmark" prices... they are trailing indicator and broken too.

There are no holy cows and only one single interest. If some other interest of these very powerful group of people is compromised, they will throw all the housing ownership so fast they you will not be count how many were thrown.
I mean back in 2018 housing was getting out of hand already. Not as bad as now but it wasn't great either. Someone like me or you might have not felt it because our salaries still allowed us to live a good life but many felt it already.

It just got much worse now.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I currently have my express entry profile and I only apply for FSW. I'm working on a PGWP. If I get ITA after getting the 1-year of Canadian work experience points, would I need to provide proof of funds?

D

Deleted member 1083629

ob market is doing well and actually, many businesses are closing because of lack of workers.
I agree with the rest but not this line. Market is shit. It's really bad right now. Even for software engineers, market is down pretty badly.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I currently have my express entry profile and I only apply for FSW. I'm working on a PGWP. If I get ITA after getting the 1-year of Canadian work experience points, would I need to provide proof of funds?
If you apply under CEC, then no.

Reactions: andrews17

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
D

Deleted member 1083629

Anyways. I am at Pearson already. Best of luck to anyone waiting for ITA! Best of luck to those in Canada! Special thanks to @wonderbly who helped me when I was super stressed and she told me to chill out lol as a mistake I made was super minor. Thanks to @GandiBaat for his awesome insights and some interesting points of view. Thanks to @ImpatientKangaroo for keeping this thread active for almost 2 years.

God bless y’all who read this!

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Anyways. I am at Pearson already. Best of luck to anyone waiting for ITA! Best of luck to those in Canada! Special thanks to @wonderbly who helped me when I was super stressed and she told me to chill out lol as a mistake I made was super minor. Thanks to @GandiBaat for his awesome insights and some interesting points of view. Thanks to @ImpatientKangaroo for keeping this thread active for almost 2 years.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, wish you all the best for the future.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

so you renounced pr / citizenship? leaving canada?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

God bless my friend, till we meet again!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'd like to know the kind of deep $hit that they are in right now to let in 1 million and half people in every year.
A lot of it is driven by the population distribution of Canada. This is StatCan data https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1710000501

~26% of people are 60+ in Canada and ~21% less than 19 years so that is 47% people not in active workforce. And another 13% who are 50+ so will likely will be out of workforce in next 10 years. And as they age they will withdraw more from CPP and healthcare. I think this distribution could work if Canada was not a vast geography and that is also a factor. Hence, Canada is looking to add more and more people in prime working age to their population and hope that they will have babies so that in future they do not have to rely on immigration. But, as many on this forum have pointed out Canada needs to plan for the future if they wish to retain the incoming talent within the country.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's a matter of Landing as many young people as they can and ask them to form a country. Much like the original colonists who had no food or housing but were able to build the most developed nations on the planet.
Eventually all the barriers like licensing to work, housing restrictions etc will be voted out by the brown folks. Unfortunate as it sounds you will see a second India across the pond.
Unlikely, the data from StatCan suggests that there are not as big Indian population in Canada as being projected anecdotally. https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/221026/dq221026b-eng.htm

From the website

In 2021, three other European origins were reported, alone or with other origins, by at least 1 million people, namely, "German" (3.0 million), "Italian" (1.5 million), and "Ukrainian" (1.3 million). And two other European origins were reported by close to 1 million people, namely, "Dutch" and "Polish". In total, 52.5% of the population reported European origins.

"Chinese" (1.7 million people), "Indian (from India)" (1.3 million) and "Filipino" (0.9 million) were also among the ethnic or cultural origins reported most often.

And if we consider base population for Philippines .. the number of fillipino in Canada are much more significant than Indians coming from India.