Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Nice to hear you're doing well. I'm still Alberta but probably moving to US later this year. Canada just ain't doing it for me sadly.

Best of luck in Canada mate.
I was going through some of these posts and reminiscing. I remember you received your Alberta PNP around the time I received my PR. I’m currently based in Calgary and I love it here. How has it been for you?

D

Deleted member 1050918

I was going through some of these posts and reminiscing. I remember you received your Alberta PNP around the time I received my PR. I’m currently based in Calgary and I love it here. How has it been for you?
What could you possibly love about 6 month long winter, a nonexistentent downtown, and a suburbian hell hole?

Ah let me guess... "The mountains"

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
What could you possibly love about 6 month long winter, a nonexistentent downtown, and a suburbian hell hole?

Ah let me guess... "The mountains"
lifestyle preference I guess. I don’t mind snow and cold and the winter hasn’t been that bad tbh.But I understand why most people are reluctant to settle here. It’s not for everyone.
Anyways, I was able to make great connections and my business flourished here. I was able to buy a house all within the span of a year.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I was able to buy a house all within the span of a year.
Because there's literally nobody living here and it's all land for miles and miles. CAD 2M buys you a mini castle here.

Anyways, I was able to make great connections and my business flourished here.
What kind of business? There was the talk of a supposed "tech boom" which really is a band of startups no larger than a few hundred people doing nothing new.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Because there's literally nobody living here and it's all land for miles and miles. CAD 2M buys you a mini castle here.

What kind of business? There was the talk of a supposed "tech boom" which really is a band of startups no larger than a few hundred people doing nothing new.
I don’t know what part of Calgary/Alberta you live in but it’s a fairly large sprawling city. 4th largest in Canada if I’m not mistaken. Granted it doesn’t have as much to offer in terms of work opportunities compared to other larger cities but if you can find your niche and start a small biz grind it really pays off well. Although to be fair I had an already established clientele based in parts of the US but I’ve started to win local business clientele and there’s a huge potential for growth. I have an IT background and own a small tech company. There’s definitely more than meets the eye for new comers especially new immigrants.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I have an IT background and own a small tech company.
Ah, "tech boom" then.

Calgary is the third largest city in Canada if you include Quebec (Montreal is second) but since Quebec is practically France, you can say Calgary is the second largest city in Canada. There's literally nobody on the streets half the year because it's just too cold. And the other half, downtown (if you call it one) dies at 5 because the city is a massive suburb and most people live far out, they ride straight back home after work.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

aknmhb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Does anybody know if background verification for a dependent applicant is done at the same time with the main applicant? Or I should wait for my wife's process after mine is completed?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I don’t know what part of Calgary/Alberta you live in but it’s a fairly large sprawling city. 4th largest in Canada if I’m not mistaken. Granted it doesn’t have as much to offer in terms of work opportunities compared to other larger cities but if you can find your niche and start a small biz grind it really pays off well. Although to be fair I had an already established clientele based in parts of the US but I’ve started to win local business clientele and there’s a huge potential for growth. I have an IT background and own a small tech company. There’s definitely more than meets the eye for new comers especially new immigrants.
What I've realized is that some here live on US wages, can't ever build a company of their own, have no life, etc so they'd bash anything that doesn't have a pub on the corner. This is more to do with a person than a country/place.

Unlike those people who'd barely make it by sucking upto US orgs, I was on US visas for long enough and worked in Wall Street and Silicon valley. It was busy and noisy; personal preference I don't like guns and I don't like racism protected under freedom of speech (freedom to abuse?). If I were to make it to multi-million dollar payout, I can do it from any country. I am selecting Canada so that I can do it in peace. Canada offers it and that's what my expectations are.

Some members here would do anything to justify their racist and poor thoughts. They've literally learned nothing in their lives and have a generic view of what life should be and push that agenda everyone. Just use the ignore button on their profile and chill.