+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

For the year 2022, Canada welcomed 437,180 immigrants and saw a net increase of the number of non-permanent residents estimated at 607,782
So, roughly a 1M of people come to the country every year. The country that did not do any improvements to existing infrastructure before taking new people.

Irrespective of how liberal Canada is I do feel like that conservatives will use that an argument. Too bad, Pierre is actually disliked by many.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Surprise -

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #244– March 23, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued:
7,000Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 7,000 or above

Date and time of round: March 23,2023 12:27:59 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 484

Tie-breaking rule: May 19,2022 06:48:41 UTC

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Idk but that's a good question. I could not find a decent analysis of why this is happening. Everyone pretty much says that Canada needs people and etc. but 500K of PR + 500K of temporary residents is way too much for a country with population of 38 millions.
I think a good chunk of the increase in temporary residents is due to CUAET and PGWP extensions.

For the former, around 200k has arrived since the start of the program (see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures/key-figures.html), with perhaps 150k arriving at the turn of the year?

For the latter, as a rough gauge 127k PGWPs are expiring this year, with some 67k having already applied for PR (see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/03/canada-announces-extension-of-post-graduation-work-permits-for-up-to-18-months-to-retain-high-skilled-talent.html). Assuming the numbers were not too different in the recent past and accounting for the fact that the extensions were available for 1.5 years' worth of expiring PGWP that gives us perhaps 90k or 100k more students who would otherwise have returned to their home country.

Together, that's a good quarter of a million temporary residents. Subtracting this still gives a rather large increase of 750k residents, of which 350k are temporary, still a substantial increase, no doubt, compared to the near 600k increase pre-pandemic in 2019, but not quite so dramatically so.

It'll be nice to know what's making up the rest of the numbers, has anyone seen any data on that? Perhaps the student population is still growing strongly? Has Canadian employers picked up the pace with overseas hiring (to this point, I noticed that there were more work visa holders than student holders queuing at the immigration office when I landed at Vancouver, with both numbers far exceeding the number of new PRs inbound from overseas)?

Reactions: dankboi

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Surprise -

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #244– March 23, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

7,000Footnote*

Nice to know that the wait has finally ended for a good number of fellow forum-goers!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
But how many will stay in the country? Many will be leaving in droves once they get citizenship.

In terms of the second India. I doubt we will see that. Whoever becomes a politician needs to play by the rules. Licensing to work, housing restrictions are rules. If you remove housing restrictions, some very powerful people will not be happy.
I hope what you say stays true. Housing restrictions are already being violated as we see 4-5 squat in a room for $250-350/month each. Slumlords buying more real estate and evetually f'ing everyone over.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu
D

Deleted member 1083629

I hope what you say stays true. Housing restrictions are already being violated as we see 4-5 squat in a room for $250-350/month each. Slumlords buying more real estate and evetually f'ing everyone over.
What I say is my wishful thinking. MOST LIKELY, situation will get worse and worse.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
No Program Specified

7,000Footnote*

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

Footnotes
Footnote 1

Reactions: RSub

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
No Program Specified

7,000Footnote*

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

Footnotes
Footnote 1

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If you remove housing restrictions, some very powerful people will not be happy.
All I can say is... never say never.

Sometimes back, in 2018 or so, I was having a conversation with folks here or elsewhere online. Everyone was rambling... The interest rates can never go to 5% and we are doing bank interest rate checks before mortgage so we will never see a housing correction of any sort.

I believed if something more important than housing gets compromised, there will be no way but to increase rates.

All it took was one stupid virus coupled with one conflict to make that happen. Its rare but not that rare too. Food prices went up, they had to ensure that money supply is reduced and they did it with quantitative tightening and now interest rate hikes. Whats more is that even a cooling down in Canada will not stop that so long US and UK experience inflation.

What was thought impossible became possible. It just took something more important getting compromised : Food. I have seen 30-50% correction in BC. Do not bother "benchmark" prices... they are trailing indicator and broken too.

There are no holy cows and only one single interest. If some other interest of these very powerful group of people is compromised, they will throw all the housing ownership so fast they you will not be count how many were thrown.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Immigration is essential but importing way too many dudes when the job market isn't really doing great
Job market is doing well and actually, many businesses are closing because of lack of workers. Whats broken is that they are not selecting right kind of folks. The country needs more people who can build houses, harvest crops and nurse old people here. I guess NoC based rounds are aimed for that only. Lets see how it plays out.

Reactions: DesiPikachu