Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, Please help me here as I'm a bit confused. I have an english name which is more like a nick name and I never used it legally. The name is not reflected in any official documents. However, I use my english name at work and now at my payslips that english name (besides with my original name) is reflecting. Do I need to declare "have you used any other name?" as "yes"?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/44-1/bill/C-19/royal-assent - Division 23 is related to IRPA

(3) The Minister shall cause to be tabled before each House of Parliament, not later than the fifth sitting day of that House after January 31 following the end of each fiscal year, a report containing the list of the categories of eligible foreign nationals established in an instruction made under paragraph 10.‍3(1)‍(h.‍1) and the selection criteria and the process applied for the establishment of those categories.
so, is "not later than the fifth sitting day of that House after January 31 following the end of each fiscal year" around Feb 2024?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
This is rather serious. They got into courses and study permit based on their admissions. They can not fake the admission letter because each institute/university/what-the-eff-ever has a DLI number. IRCC, no matter how incompetent it is, can not 'eff this up because it is done automatically. The only reason they can get in is perhaps their institute/university/what-the-eff-ever are diploma mills on the lines of lambda college or whatever.

Basically Canada with some Canadians is :
1. Selling immigration
2. Selling a useless degree
3. Getting cheap temporary labour for labour shortage in low paying jobs
4. Getting permanent residents who are willing to take up low skilled job in long term
These diploma mills are attracting very unskilled labour that's willing to do anything. All these TRVs then care about is a pretext of living in the western world without any real thoughts to long term sustainability. The instant gratification of a $50/month iPhone 14 pro and a zero down payment Red Challenger is enough.

I was recently talking to a 40+ aged student who came to Canada and studied in Ontario. His luck ran out on OINP, and this person moved to Saskatchewan to try for SINP and is doing a NOC specific job that SINP wants. If SINP fails, his plan is to try for AINP. This person would continue to enrol into courses to extend his and his family's stay in Canada. Sure, he'd be picked up by a PNP someday. But, at what cost?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
so, is "not later than the fifth sitting day of that House after January 31 following the end of each fiscal year" around Feb 2024?
yep, that's right. Most RCICs and most immigrants thought this mean't Feb, 2023 - which is where the confusion came from. Basically, IRCC is routinely saying C-19 is on track for Spring, and that just might be true.

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022

ryanhhh91

Jul 15, 2021
Hi,
Please help me as I have some confusion about my education history.
If I study in the Singapore campus for a degree awarded by a university in Australia, the" country of study" field in the express entry details should be Singapore or Australia?
And if my WES is master, do I need to include the bachelor's in education history as well?

Thanks in advance and pls answer me.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
If I study in the Singapore campus for a degree awarded by a university in Australia, the" country of study" field in the express entry details should be Singapore or Australia?
And if my WES is master, do I need to include the bachelor's in education history as well?

Country of study would be Singapore.
WES considers highest degree achieved till date. Though they can ask for others is doubtful.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,

I'm not sure about the former, you can always contact WES for peace of mind.

About the 2nd one, if it's purely for Canadian immigration then you can only provide your MS degree, there's no need for your BS degree, but I encourage you to provide both, for 2 reasons: (1) if you want to pursue additional studies, it would be easier to get a course-by-course evaluation from WES, although there are a limited number of Canadian universities that accept WES evaluations, University of Regina is one of them, but the second (2) more important reason is should you decide to go the US for work or study, you can, in future, just transfer the Canadian evaluation to the US one, in which case having a BS evaluation might be more helpful. WES is accredited both in Canada and in the US.

Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1050918

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/03/17/canada-extends-international-students-work-permits-for-18-months.html

Canada extends international students’ work permits for 18 months. ‘We’re seeing that the same crisis is repeating over and over,’ critics say
Under a new measure, international graduates with expired postgraduate work permit in 2022 and 2023 will be able to extend their work authorization for another 18 months.

AOR to PPR under 3 weeks, 5 year PGWP after Lambda degree, this country is a joke.

Or we need more PhD uber drivers but I'm just not aware.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/03/17/canada-extends-international-students-work-permits-for-18-months.html

Canada extends international students’ work permits for 18 months. ‘We’re seeing that the same crisis is repeating over and over,’ critics say
Under a new measure, international graduates with expired postgraduate work permit in 2022 and 2023 will be able to extend their work authorization for another 18 months.

AOR to PPR under 3 weeks, 5 year PGWP after Lambda degree, this country is a joke.

Or we need more PhD uber drivers but I'm just not aware.

This was exactly what I missed out on...hence the expiry of my PGWP and subsequently my employment. Recieved an ITA - all was good. Until last minute, while expecting COPR, they refused my application due to overstaying my visa. I was living in Toronto. This was just before the pandemic.

The rest of my family moved there and are now settling well. I really tried hard to work consistently while at it.

Im still trying.... just that my score is at 480 now.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Im still trying.... just that my score is at 480 now.
Well if they keep up the 5k (or better yet, 7k) draws, you'll be with your family soon. Is your IELTS maxed out? You got any French scores? Remember it takes you like 2 months to learn enough French for extra 4 points.

Reactions: Jazkh

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
As the article states:

"Advocates said Fraser needs to make the PGWP permanently renewable to better protect vulnerable students from abuse and exploitation." - Not that some of us weren't taken advantage of.... Were I worked, my employer was genuinly supportive. They saw how consistent I was. And they too were disappointed when it didn't go well. My family wasnt in Toronto at that time - my work life became that place for me, IN TORONTO.

But prior to that, I know of people who might not have had a work permit, and had to work under the table. Or even other circumstances. Have seen that side of the coin too.

My workplace was great. It didn't have issues with diversity. Everyone hsas their own background, regardless of color. You could be white, but you could be irish or portugese , you could be black, but be south african or american. You cannot judge people based on their color. So I really felt welcome at my workplace, being a "brownie".

Actually I have a funny story - A few of us went shopping in Mississauga. I think it was Sobey's. And we bought brownies cause we had a few guests. The cashier looked at us and the brownies and went "oh, hot brownies", and then got embarresed quickly. It was a funny cute moment, especially at a time when there wasnt much brownie representation in the media. Thing have changed now for sure.

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well if they keep up the 5k (or better yet, 7k) draws, you'll be with your family soon. Is your IELTS maxed out? You got any French scores? Remember it takes you like 2 months to learn enough French for extra 4 points.
IELTS Maxed out at least 10 times if not more man! French, my family is discouraging me... I have to work full-time and do other stuff. Plus I wastde sometime doing the CSC (Candian securities) course from home...

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
so, if my French is currently 0, I can get 4 extra points by learning French just for two months?