+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

modern_finance

Dec 10, 2020
I worked remotely for a company outside Canada while I was studying for my Masters's in Canada, does this foreign experience count towards my total experience for FSW?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I thought there will be no changes this time around since they need to announce something to the parliament before some due dates and they didn't actually do it, right?
Not sure, maybe you're right. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy preparing for the move so maybe I missed some updates.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I thought there will be no changes this time around since they need to announce something to the parliament before some due dates and they didn't actually do it, right?
They don't need to announce the categories before making the C-19 draws. The only requirement is to announce the categories at the end of 2023 (around Feb 2024) on what categories were the draws were conducted under.

There was some misinterpretation of when the categories should be announced. But it is clear that they can well easily announce it next year. So C-19 might just be around the corner.

• Wow
Reactions: pinemaple

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My sister just received ITA, which was weird as she only had 469 pts. When she logged into her GCKey account, she noticed she was awarded 35 points for Canadian Experience. She started working full-time in a NOC A job on June 1st, 2022, but she got those points more than 2 months before. Is this normal? What should she do now?
So what actually happened is that my sister had entered a part-time period that started in April and then her full-time new period starting on June. That was the reason why she got the ITA in March. Sorry if I mislead anybody with this.

She just rejected the invitation and fixed the dates in her profile.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
They don't need to announce the categories before making the C-19 draws. The only requirement is to announce the categories at the end of 2023 (around Feb 2024) on what categories were the draws were conducted under.

There was some misinterpretation of when the categories should be announced. But it is clear that they can well easily announce it next year. So C-19 might just be around the corner.
Any official sources where we can read this?
I feel that their draw patterns have been really weird recently.
Are they trying to keep the CRS above 490 by stopping draws every few weeks and hold a large draw after that?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Are they trying to keep the CRS above 490 by stopping draws every few weeks and hold a large draw after that?
Yea bro I heard they are. They utterly despise sub 490s and think of them as subhuman
Source: 4chan

• Haha
Reactions: stream

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You can read info shared by RCICs, also can read what Kubier recently shared (he's an RCIC too). He explained this in his last IG post too.

To speak the truth, your fellow immigrants are your competition. IRCC is not doing anything (them not being perfect is hardly an issue). This is a marketplace with a demand and supply problem. There are millions in this marketplace trying to land a supply of thousands. So, CRS can easily stay high.

I feel it is impossible to do the right math. But if they already issued ~21k ITAs out of a 70k goal for this year and with so many people above 500 being added to the pool each month, PNPs bloating 500+ CRS holders, etc - I don't think low CRS is going to work out for anyone.

Even under extreme pressures, IRCC can't/won't make that many draws to reduce CRS scores. Right now most CECs are coming in from either FSW + CEC categories or 2018/2019 student graduate + CEC categories. We are not even looking at the truckload of diploma mill graduates from 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

This will be very ugly. One day, H1B holders will laugh at how hard it is to immigrate to Canada.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
You can read info shared by RCICs, also can read what Kubier recently shared (he's an RCIC too). He explained this in his last IG post too.

To speak the truth, your fellow immigrants are your competition. IRCC is not doing anything (them not being perfect is hardly an issue). This is a marketplace with a demand and supply problem. There are millions in this marketplace trying to land a supply of thousands. So, CRS can easily stay high.

I feel it is impossible to do the right math. But if they already issued ~21k ITAs out of a 70k goal for this year and with so many people above 500 being added to the pool each month, PNPs bloating 500+ CRS holders, etc - I don't think low CRS is going to work out for anyone.

Even under extreme pressures, IRCC can't/won't make that many draws to reduce CRS scores. Right now most CECs are coming in from either FSW + CEC categories or 2018/2019 student graduate + CEC categories. We are not even looking at the truckload of diploma mill graduates from 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

This will be very ugly. One day, H1B holders will laugh at how hard it is to immigrate to Canada.
In the past, what IRCC did to meet its goal was to draw 3K candidates every two weeks consistently. Now, they do a big draw every few weeks, then pause, and no news whatsoever. These two strategies have very different impacts on how low the CRS scores can be even if we keep the same supply and demand and competition. It also makes Canadian immigration becomes unpredictable (& most people are panicking), especially given that Canadian immigration's strength is that there is a clear immigration pathway compared to other countries. I guess we all want to see them just do small draws consistently and steadily rather than just disappear and suddenly have big draws out of the blue. Yes, it's all competition and we certainly don't expect IRCC to conduct a very large draw just for the sake of reducing CRS scores, but competition also needs some rules of the game and one of those rules was consistent draws every two weeks.
(Also, I understand some people that say even every two weeks is IRCC's discretion and we can't expect anything, which is true in some ways and a beggar can't be a chooser)

Last edited:

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
I think Bill C19 implementation caused tech glitches. I am an IT engineer and I can understand that. What happens when new functionality is rolled out. And IRCC has mentioned they prefer people who are already settled/present in Canada to become PR.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/44-1/bill/C-19/royal-assent - Division 23 is related to IRPA

(3) The Minister shall cause to be tabled before each House of Parliament, not later than the fifth sitting day of that House after January 31 following the end of each fiscal year, a report containing the list of the categories of eligible foreign nationals established in an instruction made under paragraph 10.‍3(1)‍(h.‍1) and the selection criteria and the process applied for the establishment of those categories.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
In the past, what IRCC did to meet its goal was to draw 3K candidates every two weeks consistently. Now, they do a big draw every few weeks, then pause, and no news whatsoever.
This is where you are comparing apples to oranges. EE was not politically influenced back in those days. Right now humanitarian, temp works, etc require custom programs. You can read interviews from previous IRCC ministers to understand what they went through just to launch one program. These are 4x the number of compliant programs. Expect glitches.

50k/9 = ~5k ITAs per month. CRS will still not be your friend even if it is reliably executed. PNP quotes have doubled, which means even if they are reliable, you still are going to see high CRS scores.

Is there even a point in making 490 or 480 or any random CRS point as a spacegoat for not getting an ITA? Probably not. If you are 485-490, you could technically get an ITA, could take time, but will come, not point in consipracy theories.

For most, they are unskilled, no doing much to increase CRS, etc so finding anspacegoat in from of inconsistent draws is the default route.