+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Lol mate. I don't really know. Something that was adopted from RuNet. I am sure that there is a reason behind it but I am lazy to search for it )
I've Googled it before and just done it again but I can't find any satisfactory answers. I see various reasons people list, no consensus. Such a mystery.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I've Googled it before and just done it again but I can't find any satisfactory answers. I see various reasons people list, no consensus. Such a mystery.
Waste of time. Started somewhere in RuNet, was carried forward over the years. Why it started and where is impossible to track, really. Probably somewhere around Fishki or Pikabu or what else was popular back in 20XX.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Timing, really. I got an offer in September and I got my passport back in September as well. That's it.

Plus, the fee. It was 1 out of 2; roughly 5K. Plus, I knew Canada already. I knew how to deal with housing, I knew the city, I knew how to look and find a job, I knew a lot about CA. It was just easier.

I don't cry at all. I criticize Canada for obvious reasons. People here don't want to look at things clearly. Problems are clear; unaffordable housing, unsustainable immigration rate, the immigration attracts mostly people from certain regions that affect the level of service others get, healthcare, etc. That's it.

Mate, I don't want to argue about this whole thing again. Mod will come and delete my posts. You do you. Best of luck to you!
Admit it bro, the real reason you didn't take that Uber job was because that was just a temporary work visa and for Canada, it was permanent. What if you took that job and they laid you off later on like other big tech companies and your COPR expired during that time?

D

Deleted member 1083629

Admit it bro, the real reason you didn't take that Uber job was because that was just a temporary work visa and for Canada, it was permanent. What if you took that job and they laid you off later on like other big tech companies and your COPR expired during that time?
Read about labor laws in NL and Blue Card benefits. Compare it with CA and then you will understand how absurd your post is.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Two of the main reasons why I chose Canada at that time was that I knew CA and I started the process to immigrate already. At that time, I was tired of immigration. I didn't want to go through another round of immigration (fees, ADRs, etc.). However, I still started it with diploma evaluation just because of poor performance by IRCC. People from Feb 21 are still waiting.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Read about labor laws in NL and Blue Card benefits. Compare it with CA and then you will understand how absurd your post is.
Then you made a huge blunder in coming here if you had the option to settle in EU permanently. Everybody here already knows how bad the job market is in Canada compared to any country in EU.

Two of the main reasons why I chose Canada at that time was that I knew CA and I started the process to immigrate already. At that time, I was tired of immigration. I didn't want to go through another round of immigration (fees, ADRs, etc.). However, I still started it with diploma evaluation just because of poor performance by IRCC. People from Feb 21 are still waiting.
Your complaints about Canada are just on another level, if I had the same mindset, I would have already left.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Then you made a huge blunder in coming here if you had the option to settle in EU permanently. Everybody here already knows how bad the job market is in Canada compared to any country in EU.
Yup. I was just tired of immigration journey. 18 months of BS killed my drive and gave me serious immigration PTSD. Couldn't find energy to go through it again. 2-3 months of silence from IRCC and I don't think I would have been here.

Your complaints about Canada are just on another level, if I had the same mindset, I would have already left.
I am looking at CA as a temp step. We are in the middle of WW 3. Many refugees from Ukraine, Russia. I just want a little bit of break from immigration and moving around.

I just repeat things that are true.

Anyways, I am off this forum for a while. Best of luck to everyone who is in their process and I hope that your expectations match the reality.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I'm simply trying to understand the other side here. Maybe I'm privileged and I don't see something very obvious. But so far, I don't see a case here.

People are assuming that their own perceived value is the actual value. I think in a fairly transparent CRS system+with open data on draw dates inconsistency there's a lot of wishful thinking that leads to wrong expectations. When everything is so open a mature person shouldn't assume everything. That's where I am unable to understand the other side.

I've seen people call the immigration minister, PM, etc all sorts of names on twitter - I can't support people who do that in a right mind. I am not even able to see what frustrates them? Does landing on a TRV entitles them to stay permanently? These things are fundamentally wrong.

People have to define the core pillars/themes of their case. Saying stuff like "I paid taxes" is not a case. I worked in EU, US and other places where I paid way more taxes and I never said it. I never met anyone else who said it either.

The other side has to help me (and many others like me) understand better to empathize. We want success for all and happy to support people. But how do you support without reasoning?
May I ask, does anyone know about anything as "Actual value". Is there anything as actual value? Do you know "actual value" of say an orange or just the price you paid?

All there is an estimation or appraisal of sorts. CSR score is one such tool. It estimates your value based on a number of parameters. If it is high enough to push you in ranks high enough, Canada invites you. So if that tool CSR is good enough for canadian system, I guess you do not have any better means to put any other value on a person. If Canada invites a person at say CSR 450, there is value enough.

This is the "core pillar" you are seeking.

All the people who are calling immigration minister, PM etc are mostly frustrated with Canadian immigration system for their delayed or broken processing of the application. And thats a fair thing to do. To even call names. Because they PAID for that service.

Can we agree at this point?

If you PAY for a service, here, for processing your immigration file, you are ENTITLED for it? ENTITLED in a resonable time? Because you paid for it?

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Okay, a lot of emotions here I see. Let's make it more objective. Are you saying that the application processing fees is a scam? In what context is this being said? Is it in context to:
1. Student visa applications
2. LMIA
3. Work permits
4. PR applications
5. or, all

Because that's easy to understand :)
I am saying is this:

NOT processing express entry PR application in a reasonable time ie Service Level Agreement of your program OR Not processing old (2013 era) fsw applications AT ALL with no compensation, after taking fee is a scam, swindle and a crime.

Is this objective enough? :)

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
But they are doing it in their interest, they don't really care about people like you or I. The government of canada isn't an altruistic entity, it has its own national interests

But we still come because the deal they offer is better than most around the world. The day that is no longer the case, people will stop immigrating

At the end of the day you chose to immigrate here because you chose or couldn't qualify for another country, so stop crying about it
Well if you say that :

So stop crying about it
Then, do you also agree that, being "grateful" to Canada for granting you PR or citizenship is also a stupid idea?

If the deal worked out for you, then there is no need to be grateful to the counter-party because after all it was a deal with both side having calculated their pros and cons. Egro, below quoted is a patently false idea. Do you agree?

After all you do not feel "grateful to vegetable vendor" just because your vegetable vendor sold you the vegetable at the market price. It was good for both of you.

I think most people are entitled and underestimate the true cost of a citizenship. It is ~$500k in most cases. If you are getting it for free just by waiting, why complain so much? Be grateful for it :)

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You do you.
Thats very true.

Though, I will say it does not hurt to look things in their true color. US medical care and Canadian medical care. See what kind of broken works for you. Both will be broken, just one may cut you more than other -- pehaps. I think its not worth to debate which is more broken. A vase broken on neck or at bottom is still broken. Just which one works for you. So yup!

You do you, mate, you do you!

Reactions: dankboi

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
some people on this forum really need a chill pill. I guess people expect Canada to be some sort of heaven on earth
Yes, Canada overmarketed their immigration process
Yes Canada has alot of issues

But they are doing it in their interest, they don't really care about people like you or I. The government of canada isn't an altruistic entity, it has its own national interests

But we still come because the deal they offer is better than most around the world. The day that is no longer the case, people will stop immigrating

At the end of the day you chose to immigrate here because you chose or couldn't qualify for another country, so stop crying about it
Honestly, I agree with you. But as a new immigrant, we can't afford to be ignorant about what other immigrants go through. The discussion became tangential very fast and is probably a topic that deserves it owns thread for the sake of education of both sides.

Arod

May 15, 2017
So are the "Canada is almost as bad as Haiti" guys still here? I thought they would be gone by now.

For future newcomers, please make sure that you read and learn as much as you can about this country BEFORE you get here.

It's really become tiresome having to read new immigrants complain after a few years or even months of being here, just because they came totally unprepared.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
So are the "Canada is almost as bad as Haiti" guys still here? I thought they would be gone by now.

For future newcomers, please make sure that you read and learn as much as you can about this country BEFORE you get here.

It's really become tiresome having to read new immigrants complain after a few years or even months of being here, just because they came totally unprepared.
People endlessly complain before coming here but they still come and continue with their complaining lol

Arod

May 15, 2017
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/canada-new-immigrants-citizenship
FIRST READING: Canada is scaring away its new immigrants
With rising numbers of newcomers already planning to move out, many new immigrants aren't bothering to seek citizenship

As Canada ratchets up immigration to the highest levels in its history, surprising new figures from Statistics Canada are showing that nearly half of all recent immigrants are no longer bothering to seek Canadian citizenship.The numbers were publicized this week by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship. And according to the group’s CEO Daniel Bernhard, they may be a sign that the Canadian dream is no longer working out for newcomers.

“What’s changing is that people have decided that they’re less interested in being ‘Team Canada,’” Bernhard said in a statement, adding that the figures are a “wake up” call to the Canadian immigrant experience is treating new arrivals.

In 2021, of the permanent residents who had come to Canada within the last 10 years, just 45.7 per cent had become citizens. In 2001, that figure was 75.1 per cent.

It’s not the first time that evidence has emerged to show that new immigrants are not as enthralled with Canada as in prior decades.

A March Leger survey — also commissioned by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship — found that more than one fifth of recent immigrants were already making plans to leave. Among under-34 immigrants, in particular, 30 per cent said they were “likely” to leave Canada within the next two years.

As to why, newcomers are citing the same concerns with the country as native-born Canadians: Skyrocketing housing costs and diminishing access to government services such as health care.

In the Leger poll, even among immigrants who wanted to stay, their number one reservation was “high cost of living.”

In a bid to boost GDP, the Trudeau government has already raised Canada’s immigration intake to the highest levels in Canadian history, and is on track to bring in 500,000 newcomers annually by 2025. Absent any dramatic policy changes, this influx will likely worsen many of the issues that are already beginning to scare away new Canadians.

On Tuesday, CIBC CEO Victor Dodig warned that if Canada continued packing in immigrants without a viable plan to absorb them, it could spur an unprecedented “social crisis.”

“New Canadians want to establish a life here, they need a roof over their heads. We need to get that policy right and not wave the flag saying isn’t it great that everyone wants to come to Canada,” Dodig said at an event hosted by Canadian Club Toronto.

One other factor potentially driving down rates of immigrants seeking citizenship is that Canada’s immigrant stream is increasingly coming from countries that do not tolerate dual citizenship, thus prompting many newcomers to remain permanent residents in perpetuity.

The chief examples are India and China. Indian nationals are required to surrender their Indian passport the moment they become Canadian citizens. Chinese prohibitions on dual citizenship were illustrated most glaringly in 2021, when the Beijing government tightened its control on Hong Kong by forcing 300,000 residents with joint Canadian citizenship to either leave or tear up their Canadian passport.

Both countries now represent a significant share of Canada’s current immigrant influx. As per 2021 figures, 18.6 per cent of recent Canadian immigrants reported India as their birthplace, while 8.9 per cent reported being born in China.

For context, just three per cent of recent immigrants were born in the United States.

In 2022, Canada officially welcomed 431,645 immigrants. Notably, the last time in Canadian history that immigration levels were this high — during the settling of the prairies in the years preceding the First World War – it was also paired with surging levels of outmigration as many newcomers swiftly abandoned their new Canadian homesteads.

“A lot of people left; outmigration was as high as in-migration for a very, very long time,” Adele Perry, a researcher of Western Canadian history, told the National Post in 2012.
This sort of contradicts what some say when they claim that people come to Canada only to become citizens and get a passport to move to another country.

That said, for someone who is already a permanent resident, there are not many incentives to apply for citizenship other than wanting to have the right to vote or being able to fly with a Canadian passport.

If you are not interested in any of those things why bother?

Reactions: dankboi