+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

red_red

Feb 1, 2023
well, actually, I have a similar question: can anyone share some experience about the most "easy to proceed" immigration programs that are available nowadays except EE?

Would be so cool to know that there are some alternatives...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I guess no draw today. I've been waiting for more than 1 year with 488 score. I have BSc and MSc in mechanical engineering and 6 years international, 2 years skilled canada work experience. And no draw, no ITA. Work permit will finish soon. I won't spend my time and energy for Canada anymore. I start to believe that Canada doesn't need me...

it's a complete waste of time
You should move on to next things and only consider anything if and when an invitttion comes.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have friends in the Netherlands, skilled workers pay less income taxes(30% rule) and you can get Dutch citizenship in 5years. No need to wait for a draw, processing time is less than 3months. Lots of high salary job opportunities.

The NL is just an example. There are also UK, Germany, Sweden, Belgium.
Would suggest you wait, alot of manufacturing and investment moving from EU to NA right now due to energy prices and instability.

UK is basically a 2nd world country

Reactions: AndyUK and RSub

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
sigh.... I declined Feb 3 FSW invitation because i did not have enough POF, hoping today draw would be CEC... My IELTS expires on Feb 25, so I needed todays draw, any draw, I will take it, just do not want to take IELTS again and wait for god knows how long...

• Sad
Reactions: Saurabh3300

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Damn first the age points then the IELTS expiring soon. Must be really anxious. I'm also at 489 and missed the last draw because of tie breaker. Hopefully our ITAs are coming soon.
Had to wait two years to get my ITA after missing it by just 1 point in 2020. Don't give up and stay strong, everything else will follow. I've a few months to get my PPR now and I can honestly say it'll all be worth it. 489 is very close. If your IELTS is expiring, better give it again than wait. I gave mine as mine was to expire too, but we got our ITA the same day I gave my IELTS. Better safe than sorry ;)

Hope you 488-89 folks get your ITAs soon and I'm looking forward to seeing you folks post in Feb AOR 2023 and March AOR 2023 threads :)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
sigh.... I declined Feb 3 FSW invitation because i did not have enough POF, hoping today draw would be CEC... My IELTS expires on Feb 25, so I needed todays draw, any draw, I will take it, just do not want to take IELTS again and wait for god knows how long...
Give your IETLS again. Don't bet on anything that's out of your hands. I know it is frustrating, but give it asap, you'll never when you'll get lucky (or unlukcy).

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
Good day everyone! It's been a minute. I landed in Canada last October and I am still getting settled. No job yet but I am still looking. I feel like things are about to change soon.

I have just begun chronicling my journey to Canada on YouTube, starting from my Express Entry application but I really want to zoom in on life in Canada. I personally have found that things are a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, and no, I wasn't expecting it easy. I wanted to speak with other new immigrants (I am thinking 5 years and under in Canada) just to share the different perspectives as some find it easy, while others not so much. We have all learned things since being here that we can share to help someone have it a little easier than we did.

If you want to share your experience to help others to arrive with eyes wide open, or even to decide whether this is really an upward move for them, feel free to send me a direct message. This would be done over zoom and you can decide if you want to be on camera or off to maintain anonymity.

Basic format will be:
How long have you been in Canada?
What industry are you in?
How long did it take you to get your first job? Was it in your area of training or was it a survival job?
How long did it take to get a job in your field?
What was a major shock to you in terms of reality versus expectation?
What advice would you give others who are thinking to move to Canada and?
and so on.

It will be more conversational with the aim of helping others. Feel free to reach out to me privately if you are interested. Thanks !

quatummm

Jun 28, 2021
Does Netherlands have an immigration program? Or are these friends who ended up there due to internal company transfers?
You just need to find a skilled job. No, it was not internal company transfers. They just found skilled job in the NL. And I'm 100% sure it is easier to find a job in the NL than EE process.

I see lots of software developers and engineers have been spending their time for express entry. Just find a job in the NL or Sweden. I think they have smoother immigration process than Canada, especially the NL and Sweden. No process fees, no need to wait for unpredictable draws, no language exam, no ECA, shorter processing times, less taxes(NL 30% rule), better jobs(35hours per week, 40days vacation), better health care, better weather (no -30C and snow), way better purchasing power...

I can't believe in myself, how I wasted two years for express entry...

Reactions: cansha

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Basic format will be:
How long did it take you to get your first job? Was it in your area of training or was it a survival job?
and so on.

It will be more conversational with the aim of helping others. Feel free to reach out to me privately if you are interested. Thanks !
Camera shy, Youtube shy - so I'd share here instead incase if it helps anyone:

- Yet to move, but already have a job.

- Worked across multiple industries (fintech, career, HR, healthcare, etc) - I've a job + do a bunch of consulting and advisory roles.

- Almost nil. All in my area of expertise.

- zero

- Nothing honestly, worked internationally for a while. Everything is the same, except saw a very laid back culture. Contrasting to what I'm usually used to work with.

and so on.
- develop skills over pedigree and apply to jobs without the "spray and pray" method. "Spray and pray" doesn't really work in NA.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

quatummm

Jun 28, 2021
Would suggest you wait, alot of manufacturing and investment moving from EU to NA right now due to energy prices and instability.

UK is basically a 2nd world country
UK is basically a 2nd world country?

What about Canada?

Do you remember Roger outage last year? No phone, no internet, no ATM and they couldn't solve it in two days :)

IRCC processing times? 26months... 2years+ :)

Road qualities? infrastructure? health care system?

The chocolate that I bought in UK for 0.5GBP is 5CAD in Canada :)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You just need to find a skilled job. No, it was not internal company transfers. They just found skilled job in the NL. And I'm 100% sure it is easier to find a job in the NL than EE process.

I see lots of software developers and engineers have been spending their time for express entry. Just find a job in the NL or Sweden. I think they have smoother immigration process than Canada, especially the NL and Sweden. No process fees, no need to wait for unpredictable draws, no language exam, no ECA, shorter processing times, less taxes(NL 30% rule), better jobs(35hours per week, 40days vacation), better health care, better weather (no -30C and snow), way better purchasing power...

I can't believe in myself, how I wasted two years for express entry...
I think you missed the step where someone has to go through:
1. Skilled VISA for 5 years
2. Then another 4-5 years on PR
3. Dutch language test
4. Apply for Citizenship

#1 and #2 means 10 years! rofl!

Reactions: RSub

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
UK is basically a 2nd world country?

What about Canada?

Do you remember Roger outage last year? No phone, no internet, no ATM and they couldn't solve it in two days :)

IRCC processing times? 26months... 2years+ :)

Road qualities? infrastructure? health care system?

The chocolate that I bought in UK for 0.5GBP is 5CAD in Canada :)
Many of your points about Canada applies to UK. Healthcare is shit in UK too. Just because you can buy Cadbury in Uk doesn't represent entire basket of goods to compare purchasing prices. Compare gas costs between UK and Canada. Wages are super low in UK.

Anyways when one has hate in one's heart for something, best not to pursue it

Reactions: RSub and quatummm