+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, my location is Canada on the resume. regarding phone numbers, i don't have a virtual Canadian number (VOIPs are banned here I believe). but I usually just lie and add a +1 in front of my number to hopefully trick recruiters lol. Do Canadian recruiters actaully call? In all my years living in the US, I have only ever communicated via email or zoom/teams.

Oh and my resume also mentions that I'm a permanent resident, not sure if that's good or bad
They will definitely call, you need a working +1 phone number.

Reactions: RSub
Jan 11, 2023
Hi, asking here because I'm desperate... I got an FSW ITA and realized my express entry profile had a mistake - I had listed my number of family members as 1 when it should have been 2 - myself and my common law partner (non accompanying). For the funds, I declared more than the minimum requirement for 2 people. Will I be okay changing this number and explaining it in a letter when submitting an application? Thank you

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi, asking here because I'm desperate... I got an FSW ITA and realized my express entry profile had a mistake - I had listed my number of family members as 1 when it should have been 2 - myself and my common law partner (non accompanying). For the funds, I declared more than the minimum requirement for 2 people. Will I be okay changing this number and explaining it in a letter when submitting an application? Thank you
Depends on your CRS score

Does it change? Reduce? Increase?

What was the draw cutoff?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
It doesn't affect my CRS score at all - no change. The cutoff was 489, my score was 509 and still is.
Then go ahead and explain your genuine mistake in the LOE.

Its a very common mistake that even IRCC are aware of .

But am sure you do have and always had evidence to support your relationship?

If yes , then i am sure you will be fine.

Jan 11, 2023
Then go ahead and explain your genuine mistake in the LOE.

Its a very common mistake that even IRCC are aware of .

But am sure you do have and always had evidence to support your relationship?

If yes , then i am sure you will be fine.
Thank you! Yes, I do have evidence to support the relationship. I had declared the common law relationship in other parts of the profile - just missed out in this one question due to carelessness and misunderstanding the question.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Yes, they will call for sure. Don’t do that. Just get a virtual number.
@seadrag0n @CNP okay how am I supposed to get a Canadian virtual number? Everything I see involves giving your card info to shady companies with websites built in the 90s.

D

Deleted member 1006777

People honestly romanticize the US a little too much. Many are in for a rude awakening if/when they move to the US. All I'm saying is, temper your expectations. And to be clear, outside of my visa issues, I loved everything about my time in the US.

Reactions: Arod and RSub

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi,

What is the webform for contacting IRCC for landed immigrants? Is it the same one that we are using when our PR application is in process? I can't find a different one.

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing this. I'll take a look, but I seriously doubt I'll take the time to translate my resume into french. Screw that. Happy to advertise french skills, but if the focus of the job is french, I'm not really interested.
firstly, to translate your resume.. use deepl.com. Just upload your resume and it'll spit out the translatted formatted resume which you can review and update.
secondly, focus of the job may/ may not be on French. Here's what i make of this.. Destination Canada is a pathway that encourages francophone immigration by organising such events from time to time. The employers are looking for french/bilingual candidates and may not even be using French in their day to day work. Once you've got a foot in the door of an employer who participates in these events knowing fully well that their prospective employees aren't even in Canada, they're going to salivate after looking at your PR status.. just my 2 cents..