+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
WOAH!!! Has this ever happened before? This is beyond weird...
Totally, no one saw this coming. I suppose this is their new way of drawing more CEC candidates. With FSW draws being the competitive ones, dedicated CEC draws will allow them to reach deeper into the CEC pool than an all program draw would have. If so, CEC draw coming up next? With a draw size of around 1500?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It's pretty clear and that's something I expected about 2 weeks ago. It's more about economic conditions. As someone who lives in Canada, I would prefer CEC only draws (as it will lower the rent prices, reduce strain on hospitals) but it is what it is.
It looks like many CEC profiles also qualify under FSW so most of this draw was CEC as outlanders cap out at 481 unless they have French or sibling points.

D

Deleted member 1083629

It looks like many CEC profiles also qualify under FSW so most of this draw was CEC as outlanders cap out at 481 unless they have French or sibling points.
Sure. If CEC applies with both Canadian and foreign experience, then the system chooses CEC. In this case, those who were eligible for FSW were chosen.

D

Deleted member 994371

Maybe. Who knows. I don't know why majority of people move to Canada. Really don't. I understand Russians; it's dangerous to live in Russia right now if you are a man. I understand Ukrainians. I understand Iranians. I understand if one doesn't have basic necessities and quality of life is just terrible; it makes sense to move. Why would you move if you have a decent job, your family is near, your friends, you have a roof over the head.

Last time I said the same thing, I got told I have no right to say that as I am a brown man who walks in trash. By another Indian.

In a way, I felt smug knowing that man would learn French, maximize his English score, leave everything behind, only to land here and realise that its worse in almost every aspect for him, and be surrounded by other brown men who thought the same. KEK.

D

Deleted member 994371

Its one or two travel management companies who manage travel for lot of corporates in north america. They consolidate their bookings and reap discounts and pass a part of it to their customers.

My Boss used to book rental cars for day trip to seattle long time back. Our entire team of 4-5 folks used to travel to attend conferences. Many times we got quite swanky ones due to this bulk booking. Thats what they had in the inventory that day so thats what we get.

That may be true. But still doesn't explain why you have a helipad in your backyard.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Check their website as its clear as f. I know all the answers to the above question. But, they can also be found on their website.!!!!
I have figured it out. Thank you.

Reactions: RSub

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
The ones that praised Canada never praised the most important things. They all talked about nature, safety and something along those lines. Not once someone asked themselves: "Ok. We are moving. Are there really enough jobs for all of us?" Nah. When I posted here that 500K is too many, I was told that I say that because I have already moved lol. Nah, that's because 500K is too damn high. There are not enough jobs for those people. There is not enough housing. There is someone renting (in a different thread) a STUDIO BASEMENT in BRAMPTON for 2K. WTF????!!!! And users are defending him saying that it's ok.

Canada is not the country that started the express entry back in 2015. When my sibling moved here in 2012, it was possible to buy a home in Toronto and she could see a doctor. When I moved in 2017 for Masters, I could still see a doctor but just had to wait a bit. I was also able to afford a decent place on a salary. When I moved back in 2022, I cannot see a doctor. I cannot afford most of the places here. And I have a degree from Waterloo. What about those who come from India/Russia/any other country with the local degrees?

For anyone reading this forum or thread. Please rethink your decision of moving to Canada. You will most likely never achieve the same level of life you had back home. If you come here to get citizenship and move back, that makes sense. But don't sell everything back home thinking you will never go back. I know that I will. Maybe not back to Russia, as I don't see Putin leaving for a while but to any other country.
Totally agreed with your post. But how many will take it genuinely…

It is very beautiful and developed country. I would never say to anyone do not migrate to Canada. In fact, I would encourage it. But I will add, you must be prepared to start over unless you are very talented in those highly in-demand jobs in IT software, Big Data and AI, etc…

It will take time and hard-work all the while you are fighting against depression (those who come alone). It is challenging.

Thinking of it, I definitely recommend you to settle in a city where you have some family members or at least friends, at least initially. It will help A LOT. It will get lonely in here specially during the damned long months of winter. Not to mention the time difference between Canada and Africa/Asia.

Fortunately, I have some very close family members in Toronto and that did wonders in my transition.

bamzii

Feb 2, 2023
Hi everyone, I have a question. I was in the pool since last year with a score of 473 and was eligible only for FSW. I started my job in Canada in March 2022. Yesterday (Feb 1st) IRCC considered one year of Canadian work experience for me and increased my score to 521. Today I was drawn with this FSW specific draw and received an ITA. My question is, can I move forward with my application right now and submit it (I don't have a full year of Canadian work experience yet, until March)? If yes, isn't it better to decline the ITA and wait for CEC? I heard CEC has a lower processing time!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
As I said before, best is to bring your job to Canada with you. It saves a lot of trouble.

But that being said, a lot of my friends have climbed rungs here too. It just takes a bit longer. That or get the passport and GTFO to USA.
Yes. The remote job back home does wonders. If anyone can manage to get that from former employer, it would very helpful. Even if it’s a temporary agreement.

Yes, it’s very possible to claim up the ladder as most of us have the skills but not sure the personality to endure the initial difficult moments. That’s why, it’s important to know in advance what awaits so at least one would be very well prepared.

I am using this opportunity to transition to software development as my field isn’t too far from it. I was a telecom engineer (not field work but more on applications side). Studying python and will hopefully be somewhat good at it in a few months to secure start/junior position in a small company…

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
There are many reasons and he is not when he says its cultural. Going to Canada/UK/US is a rite of passage in many north India "provinces" like Punjab, Haryana and Delhi. You will laugh at it but you may get a better choice of "relationships" (ie marriage) if you are in Canada or going to Canada.

Back when I was single, we used to joke that if we can not find a girl to marry, we will just get our Australian / Canadian PR and put up an ad in Punjab/Delhi for marriage and mentioned "Canada Settled".

Except... its not a joke. It happens too often to be called rare. Though people are now getting more aware of difficulties in living here.
You have NO IDEA how many female friend requests I am receiving per day on Facebook since I changed my profile picture to a one in snow and my location to Toronto… I am average (at best) looking guy. LoL.

What amazes me is that I had a very successful career back home (CEO at just 32 years of age) and one of the finest cars in the country, but even then, I didn’t have these many friend requests. At least not from women. Baffled me to be honest. I guess priorities for third-world women isn’t the same anymore? Fortunately, I am married and got children already.

Anyways, that (passport) marriage part isn’t limited to India or Southeast Asia…

• Haha
Reactions: kaashi14 and RSub

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I just received it, i had 2 years of foreign + 1 year of Cad, I am debating declining it just cuz i do not have POF
Do you need POF when you have work in Canada? Check.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
They should really create a buffer of say 50-100 profiles to substitute with the declined invitations… It is unfair to lose out on tie break only for some folks to decline the invitations for whatever reasons.

Reactions: kaashi14