+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
That 100 million target has been suggested by ex-prime minister Brian Mulroney.

I have friends in Canada who work in professional trades and they are making a killing. $400 days are almost the norm and $1000 ones are not that uncommon too. They way I see things, I will get into trades too and setup my own company in the long run, and leave my career behind. I am not passing on $200k yearly just for the sake of working in an office or whatnot. If Canada is needing a painter/plumber/electrician, I am becoming one. Adapt and Overcome.
please give a few more details of ypur friends like what city/province do they live in, what kinda work do they do, trade school, etc.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Since provinces have halted the draws, the anticipation of pause in federal draws comes from there! Dont understand it myself. Heard some people saying it, so guess just the anxiety.
Okay. Fed announced the numbers for next year and its only increasing. A pause now may hurt the target umbers. Well, you never know because its IRCC and we cannot apply any logic.

Reactions: littlestar19

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
On the ground, the rent in places like Toronto is going to go up again like crazy, one can't get a 1 bedroom for less than $2300 right now. I can't imagine moving here without a job or credit history, it's going to be impossible to find a place. The amount of background checks the landlords do here is insane as well and most listings here for studio/1 beds I've seen are gone within hours of being posted. Good luck to anyone immigrating here lol.
Thanks for the luck, we will still go.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
For many people immigrating is a goal. Canada is the only country in the world that offers a direct path to get PR without stepping a foot in the country beforehand. You are correct about affordability; it will only get worse. However, people will keep coming to Canada; there is not but/if/maybes. The constant flow of immigrants will continue. The constant flow of bogus students will continue.

Of course, when there are many people moving in a city and they all need to live somewhere, rent will increase. What has been happening for the last several years is constant increase in real estate. There are many factors that contribute to that.

When I moved to Canada in 2017 for Masters, 1 bdr in Toronto costed like 1500 CAD in rent. Right now, it costs 2400 CAD. This is not the limit at all. I am expected to see an increase in price in January. That's why when @GandiBaat says that it doesn't look good when one changes a job every year or 2, I agree with him only partially; there is no other way to keep surviving. You have to change a job often to get a salary hike. And you need a salary hike just to be able to stay afloat. Unfortunately, this is not something bogus agents and self-proclaimed immigration lawyers talk about. However, if you head to subreddit personalfinancecanada or ontario, you will see that you and I are not alone in this situation. People literally cannot afford to live in Toronto and Vancouver. For me, it might not be a great problem; I am a software and I just need a laptop to work. However, there are some people who cannot move to a cheaper place and work remotely; they have to show up to their offices.
" Canada is the only country in the world that offers a direct path to get PR without stepping a foot in the country beforehand."

I thought there are Australia and New Zealand as well at least theoretically?
Are there other countries that you can get a PR from overseas besides Canada, New Zealand, and Australia?

Actually, what do you guys around here think is the best country to immigrate to and settle down in for the long term?
Somewhere in the EU? the US? Singapore? Australia? the UK? or maybe still Canada?

D

Deleted member 1083629

" Canada is the only country in the world that offers a direct path to get PR without stepping a foot in the country beforehand."

I thought there are Australia and New Zealand as well at least theoretically?
Are there other countries that you can get a PR from overseas besides Canada, New Zealand, and Australia?

Actually, what do you guys around here think is the best country to immigrate to and settle down in for the long term?
Somewhere in the EU? the US? Singapore? Australia? the UK? or maybe still Canada?
The last time I checked they don't have the same program to immigrate to Australia as they do for Canada. They used to but I think their new government with the conservative leader shut down that program. Again, do not quote me on that as the last time I checked was long time ago and I didn't check it super carefully.

To me? The USA. No question. The major problem is, of course, that there is no good immigration process. Getting F1 is not an issue. Getting H1 with the current demand is borderline impossible. Plus, my spouse won't be able to work until we both get Green Cards. However, if we forget about those problems, then for me, the USA is the best country to immigrate to.

The second option would be Spain. I am in love with that country. Also, sharing the second place with Spain is Canada.

The third option is Netherlands. Then, Germany. Then, Czech Republic.

I have never been to UK but based on what I heard about it from my friends and my cousin, UK is like Canada with lower salaries and better public transportation.

Reactions: stream and ivicts

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That 100 million target has been suggested by ex-prime minister Brian Mulroney.

Reaching that goal by 2100, you would basically have more than 50% immigrants in the country. In what world do they think that is a good idea first and secondly, who would allow such a thing to happen.
May I know what is fundamentally wrong with it? If a country is incapable of producing enough children to support its society then it has two options:
1. Die off
2. Allow others in

Also given the size of Canada, it only makes sense to attract more people otherwise it will remain a small and prosper country population and economy wise. Such countries eventually loose their sovereignty. If you are juicy, grow some spikes or you will get eaten.

Even if both Liberals and Conservatives would agree on it, a third party will show up in the political scene and take charge. It will be inevitable.
TILL DATE with 400K immigration, Canadians do not seem to mind. Infact support for higher level of immigration only seems to go up and up. There is a small vocal minority against more immigration but they are not large enough. EVEN alberta has 60% people supporting more immigration.

My question is besides your gut feeling, where is the concrete data to support hat such a party will find ANY takers. We already have one such party. Its called Progressives Party of Canada. It has no such takers.

If Canada is really concerned about the birth rates, why no offer incentives for every child being born.
It seems weird but there are enough incentives already. The issue is this: Most of educated people delay the child till their 30s. And then it gets harder. High cost of living further pushes children back. Put it simple, a lot of people in Canada can not be bothered with children. Its not money, its effort too. My wife who used to be totally mushy mushy about kid before pregnancy now is absolutely against another one
Sad but true, we are become more self centered in that way.

My third world country offers $1,200 as a bonus for the first child and it increases for every child you will have.
BC recently offered $10 daycare. For something that used to cost a LOT. Take a look at denmark. They offer almost free childcare. their female fertility rate is 1.67. Below replacement.
Its a problem you can not fix by throwing money on it.

You want to fix it? You will have to dilute women's right. That, if it happens, will turn me in to a real hardcore extremist against oppression of women. And I am not alone.
I bet if they offer like $10k-$20k per child they would bring a lot of LOVE into the air instantly.
Oh they do. They offer a lot of incentives. LONG fully paid maternity/paternity leaves, free care during maternity phase... you name it. Recently they are even offering very economical daycare too at provincial level People are JUST not that much into it. Again, refer to my example of Denmark.

Those who are on the verge of thinking to be parents or have a second baby will jump ship in a heart beat.
HAHA!
Tell it to my wife. Its a NYAT. She hates her first and second and third trimester. There are women who get addicted to having babies but they are in minority. Put it simply, pregnancy is PAINFUL!

Again, refer to Denmark and nordic countries as "ideal". Their fertility rates are all below replacement rate.

They keep complaining that there is a huge lack of doctors/nurses/plumbers/carpenter/etc, then for GOD's sake invite them as an absolute freaking priority. Leave the grandpas and grandmas aside for a while, they don't need the freaking PR, they can get along fine with a supervisa. Ridirecting those 28,000 reserved for them to doctors/nurses, you would solve an actual immidiate national emergency. But no, they wont do that.
Here is the deal. People have family. And if you do not allow family migration, people tend to make money and leave your country. Family is the anchor that keeps you attached to the country. If they could, they would have removed it completely. BTW, 28K is drop in the bucket.

I have friends in Canada who work in professional trades and they are making a killing. $400 days are almost the norm and $1000 ones are not that uncommon too. They way I see things, I will get into trades too and setup my own company in the long run, and leave my career behind. I am not passing on $200k yearly just for the sake of working in an office or whatnot. If Canada is needing a painter/plumber/electrician, I am becoming one. Adapt and Overcome.
Actually its pretty common in many punjabi families. People come to canada, they do one of those lambda univ courses and then they become PR and move to trades. Then they help their cousins and brothers and friends to come here. They at times buy large houses and live in multiple family setup. This lowers their cost of living and solves high real estate price to an extent. Two-three brothers living in same house and working in trades can easily rake up 300K or more.

That being said, trades jobs are messy. Some people do not want to do it. But they are very legit and very nice way of climbing the financial ladder, especially if you have a joint family setup.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The last time I checked they don't have the same program to immigrate to Australia as they do for Canada. They used to but I think their new government with the conservative leader shut down that program. Again, do not quote me on that as the last time I checked was long time ago and I didn't check it super carefully.
They reduced the number but program is still there. Its called 189. PNP one is 190. And they restarted it in full swing because of Pandemic aftermath. Scores were down to 65 last I checked. Which is basically give PR to anyone with a pulse.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
To me? The USA. No question. The major problem is, of course, that there is no good immigration process. Getting F1 is not an issue. Getting H1 with the current demand is borderline impossible. Plus, my spouse won't be able to work until we both get Green Cards. However, if we forget about those problems, then for me, the USA is the best country to immigrate to.
US is pretty straight forward. As a non-India, non-Chinese: Get your masters outside or inside USA. EB-2 NIW FTW! You do not even need a job offer IIRC.
With job, EB2 is your friend.

Only Chinese and Indians have trouble immigrating.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Canada in 1 line ,"Exploit the new comers when it is your turn then continue the cycle"
I might be wrong here but this is what I have seen look at the number of hoops you have to jump to get things done.
Even the climate is that way for winter shopping alone if you are doing it properly 2k $ (for alberta winter believe me it is less)
Landlord-most of the Landlord, doesn't matter their color or nationalities they exploit the newcomers
Employers I don't think Canadian experience needs an explanation.
Finally artificially inflated housing prices ,canada is a very corrupt nation but 2 things lower level corruption is minimal and in higher level they use a sweet term ,lobbying.
The quality of immigrants coming to canada is unfortunately appalling, I am not talking about skills or education, I am talking about behaving with humility and common sense.If the next 500k is like that ,canada is not far from becoming a global slum.
It is up to us to break the cycle. I have always felt "Canadian Experience" is BS. So, when I had the opportunity to hire that was not my criteria at all. But when I initially came people similar to my experience / education and sometimes lower who just happened to come here first gave me a lot of useless advice when I asked for help. Rather than helping out they were more focused on proving how they are superior because they happened to come before me and now have Canadian experience. I cut ties with those people and decided when I hire, I won't propagate this BS further.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
So with the recent interest rate hike by US Fed, all floating exchange rate currencies will take a hit, including sadly the Cad$
Has anyone figured out how to open a USD bank account in Canada? I don't want to save money in any floating currency right now.

For others who care, whats the best, if any, interest rate that is available and from which bank?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
There is no doubt that trades people make a lot of money but also talk to some of the older trades people to find out what kind of toll it takes on their body and how they feel when they are a little older. A good gauge of how good a profession is if people in it would want their kids to do it. So, a doctor would surely like his / her kid to be doctor or engineer. How many trades people really "dream" that their kid will grow up and become another plumber or carpenter? There are two sides of the coin here. But yes, in the short term if you have the skills and will being a tradesperson would be much better way of making money outside of being in tech. All other professions are exploited and have low wages in Canada.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Guys, I will be "soft landing" next week. I have a query.
While I will try to avoid letting the CBP officer know that I will not be moving permanently soon but later, in an assumption that CBP officers think (or I am able to convince) that I am moving permanently the same day and has agreed to initiate my PR card, can I come back to the US and shift my stuffs later on? In this case, when should I produce the goods to follow list? (I plan on travelling twice from US to Toronto to shift my stuffs using a rental truck).

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
So with the recent interest rate hike by US Fed, all floating exchange rate currencies will take a hit, including sadly the Cad$
Has anyone figured out how to open a USD bank account in Canada? I don't want to save money in any floating currency right now.

For others who care, whats the best, if any, interest rate that is available and from which bank?
Is there a thing like that?