+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

These days there are lots of companies offering remote work option. 100K in a cheaper city may go long way.

Imagine paying 700 CDN for rent instead of 2700 CDN.
That's true. I need to think long and hard about it )) I remember being miserable in Waterloo because it was so boring. Just work and gym. 2-3 bars, no music venues, no sport events (no, 14 years soccer league doesn't count), no festivals (only BBQ one in June). I was truly happy when I was hopping on the Go bus to get to Toronto. Would just walk around the city.

Reactions: RSub

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Rakuten is trying to be Amazon of Japan. In my 20s I wanted to join Rakuten so that I can go to Japan for errr... cultural exchange :p.

If you want, try doing examples from this : https://neetcode.io/practice

Start with Blind 75 set and then move upto larger set. I have been doing it for past 4 months. Helps you to perform strong in coding interviews.

Oh and I personally avoid Indian companies. Too much politics for me to stay in them.

And before someone asks, no, its not religious politics. Its good old backstabbing office politics.
Seems like you have quite a bit experience with Job market here in Canada, I'm planning to live in AB as my family lives in Edmonton and Calgary. My area of expertise is around Sys admin/ IT ops admin/ Support team lead etc etc. I have done contracting past 3 years in Australia, I like it because it's usually 6-12 months, better pay and less strings attached to people :D Not sure if same is the case here in Canada.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Seems like you have quite a bit experience with Job market here in Canada, I'm planning to live in AB as my family lives in Edmonton and Calgary. My area of expertise is around Sys admin/ IT ops admin/ Support team lead etc etc. I have done contracting past 3 years in Australia, I like it because it's usually 6-12 months, better pay and less strings attached to people :D Not sure if same is the case here in Canada.
It's similar in Canada. I like contracting less because there is no job security. Have to look for a new job every 6-12 months.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My experience is mostly working for large companies as a perm employee. Contracting is an arena I did not explore. I know many people who have companies running their payroll and they do contracting. From what limited that I do know is that contracting is a lot about building your network, a skill I never really learnt. My network has always been my college mates and few very close friends. Two of them I know because we share a common hobby of japanese anime from early 2000s.
Basically, contracting is hustling something I suck at.

Reactions: Jazkh and stream

sameer26

May 15, 2021
Hello all, My file is under review, and yesterday I called IRCC and they told me my SVO was changed to New Delhi. Is this a positive thing, and how long will it take me to get PPR?

D

Deleted member 1006777

These days there are lots of companies offering remote work option. 100K in a cheaper city may go long way.

What city in Canada even has 700 CAD rent without having to share a room with roommates? Honestly, give me a mid-sized city with sub 1000 CAD rent for a 1 br (sub 1000 for a 2br is a pipe dream).

Reactions: klubsoda
D

Deleted member 1083629

What city in Canada even has 700 CAD rent without having to share a room with roommates? Honestly, give me a mid-sized city with sub 1000 CAD rent for a 1 br (sub 1000 for a 2br is a pipe dream).
Manitoba. A decent 1 BR is 1000 CAD. I am sure you can find something in 700-800 CAD range.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hello, which one is better to upload the LOE?
1. Upload one LOE for all sections (education, work, POF) in one document and upload it for the "client information" section
2. Attach the respective LOE on each section, let's say at the beginning of each document. The education section will have its own LOE, work section will have its own LOE. I will not upload anything in the "client information" section.

I guess the "normal" way per instruction is number 1. However, is it possible and allowed to do it the second way?

D

Deleted member 1006777

That's true. I need to think long and hard about it )) I remember being miserable in Waterloo because it was so boring. Just work and gym. 2-3 bars, no music venues, no sport events (no, 14 years soccer league doesn't count), no festivals (only BBQ one in June). I was truly happy when I was hopping on the Go bus to get to Toronto. Would just walk around the city.
Where are you located now? Toronto?

D

Deleted member 1006777

1. Upload one LOE for all sections (education, work, POF) in one document and upload it for the "client information" section
2. Attach the respective LOE on each section, let's say at the beginning of each document. The education section will have its own LOE, work section will have its own LOE. I will not upload anything in the "client information" section.

I guess the "normal" way per instruction is number 1. However, is it possible and allowed to do it the second way?
The second way is a lot more logical, so I'm guessing it's not allowed. I am doing it the first way unfortunately.

I found these though, looks like some people have done it the first way.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/should-i-have-to-upload-loe-in-optional-section-again-when-i-already-uploaded-each-loe-in-the-each-section-required.733145/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-the-letter-of-explanation-be-the-covering-letter-of-a-document.485374/#post-5935084

Reactions: ivicts

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022

I heard that both ways are allowed. I asked an immigration lawyer about it and she said the same thing but she was wrong about other things so I'm not sure if I trust her :D

I'm still not sure how I will do it myself.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022

A lot of people are complaining about the cost of rent in Canada but tbh, it looks pretty normal to me. I live in Cambridge, UK - a pretty little city but it's just a little city nonetheless (160k)... certainly no Toronto or Vancouver ;)
The cheapest property currently on the market is a tiny studio, which looks like it was last renovated in the 80s and that's £850 so close to 1400 CDN. Our nice and new but still just 1 bedroom flat, on the very outskirts of the city, on a busy road and south-facing without aircon (temperature inside is 30+ degrees throughout the summer, with windows constantly open) is around 2500 CDN.

Although I guess it's not normal... it just shows how messed up the world is in general at the moment :(

Reactions: roy1947
D

Deleted member 1083629

Where are you located now? Toronto?
My location is messed up at the moment. Since the war started, I left Russia. As a Russian citizen, I can live in several countries visa-free for 90 days at a time. I was in Tbilisi (Georgia), then moved to Aktau (Kazahstan), now I am in Baku (Azerbaijan). I could move to Toronto or any other place but I don't think my savings will last for a long time in Canada. At least in Baku, I pay about 400 USD for a place in the center of the city (all included), while in Toronto, it would cost me much more.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I did the second way. I uploaded a generic LoE in client information listing all of the documents I uploaded.

Reactions: ivicts
D

Deleted member 1006777

My location is messed up at the moment. Since the war started, I left Russia. As a Russian citizen, I can live in several countries visa-free for 90 days at a time. I was in Tbilisi (Georgia), then moved to Aktau (Kazahstan), now I am in Baku (Azerbaijan). I could move to Toronto or any other place but I don't think my savings will last for a long time in Canada. At least in Baku, I pay about 400 USD for a place in the center of the city (all included), while in Toronto, it would cost me much more.
Damn dude. I hope your app gets processed quickly.

Reactions: AlmostThere2