+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

Not sure what they are complaining about? An MA in communications from Alpha international college is the most sought after degree in the whole world. Four of my tenants go to this college.
lmaaao . I don't think I have seen such an aggressive campaign for Canadian education anywhere in the world. In Russia, there are agents that work with certain universities and colleges but they don't guarantee admissions. They will proofread the statement of purpose, advice on TOEFL/IETLS scores, help with arranging money to pay for tuition, help with visa application package (check the documents). However, they don't guarantee that any part of that will be successful (except, money transfer part).

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
In some cases, IRCC may extend medicals so you can wait to see if that will happen in your case. You can save on the medical cost.
Okay, I wasn't aware of that but I'm worried if they asked for re-meds then getting an appointment, doctor uploading the result and not sure when the next officer will have a look at my case might add lot of delay to the application.

Getting a medical in India is around 100$ USD only.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Okay, I wasn't aware of that but I'm worried if they asked for re-meds then getting an appointment, doctor uploading the result and not sure when the next officer will have a look at my case might add lot of delay to the application.

Since there is a high incidence of TB and other lung diseases, I don't think that they will extend medicals for most high disease burden countries. If it doesn't hurt you much financially to get the medicals, then go for upfront and upload via a webform (if you know your VO). But kim that the unique identifier (IME) of the second medical may not sync with your account in a timely manner as we have seen with many people earlier this year.
I'd wait until I got the request from them so that the medicals will sync ASAP...

D

Deleted member 1006777

lmaaao . I don't think I have seen such an aggressive campaign for Canadian education anywhere in the world. In Russia, there are agents that work with certain universities and colleges but they don't guarantee admissions. They will proofread the statement of purpose, advice on TOEFL/IETLS scores, help with arranging money to pay for tuition, help with visa application package (check the documents). However, they don't guarantee that any part of that will be successful (except, money transfer part).
I get that these degree mills need to be held accountable. But at the same time, I don't feel sympathy for the victims. They are the ones knowingly falsifying their test scores and trying to game the system. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. How do you hear a name like Alpha College and say to yourself "yeah, that sounds legit, I'mma go there". Good god, one google search will tell you all you need to know. Fact is, they want a better life (this I understand), but they choose to take shortcuts and it costs them. Let them do their protests. They tried to cheat and got burned. That's on them, is it not?

The video does highlight negligence on Canada's part though, such as that one policy for ethical recruitment they choose to not sign. It echos what I and some others have said for the longest time. Canada needs the flow of money to continue. And they're willing to screw people over to get it.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
I get that these degree mills need to be held accountable. But at the same time, I don't feel sympathy for the victims. They are the ones knowingly falsifying their test scores and trying to game the system. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. How do you hear a name like Alpha College and say to yourself "yeah, that sounds legit, I'mma go there". Good god, one google search will tell you all you need to know. Fact is, they want a better life (this I understand), but they choose to take shortcuts and it costs them. Let them do their protests. They tried to cheat and got burned. That's on them, is it not?

The video does highlight negligence on Canada's part though, such as that one policy for ethical recruitment they choose to not sign. It echos what I and some others have said for the longest time. Canada needs the flow of money to continue. And they're willing to screw people over to get it.
My friends knows such a consultancy in India and they do all kind of shaddy things in the world we can't even imagine. They start preparing an application 6 or 12 months ahead, with new bank accounts of applicant that even applicant have no details, they put funds there to show the money and then charge % of interest on that. They know which shady education boards(For High School) are accepted by Canada, they use those particular ones, and I don't even need to explain the shady IELTS centers etc.

Basically, these so called agents can pick anybody in general public, who doesn't even understand basic English, never been to a school and get him ready a student visa in 6-12 months in these mills

• Wow
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Since there is a high incidence of TB and other lung diseases, I don't think that they will extend medicals for most high disease burden countries. If it doesn't hurt you much financially to get the medicals, then go for upfront and upload via a webform (if you know your VO). But kim that the unique identifier (IME) of the second medical may not sync with your account in a timely manner as we have seen with many people earlier this year.
I'd wait until I got the request from them so that the medicals will sync ASAP...
Well in that case I just hope for a PPR before they expire :p:cool:, that would be the best scenario.

Reactions: AlmostThere2
D

Deleted member 1006777

My friends knows such a consultancy in India and they do all kind of shaddy things in the world we can't even imagine. They start preparing an application 6 or 12 months ahead, with new bank accounts of applicant that even applicant have no details, they put funds there to show the money and then charge % of interest on that. They know which shady education boards(For High School) are accepted by Canada, they use those particular ones, and I don't even need to explain the shady IELTS centers etc.

Basically, these so called agents can pick anybody in general public, who doesn't even understand basic English, never been to a school and get him ready a student visa in 6-12 months in these mills
And yet, at the end of the day, these people are agreeing to cheat because they want an easy way out. Nobody is forcing them to cheat. Nobody is forcing them to game the system. Yes, I understand shady consultancies and agencies exist. But anyone who chooses to lie willingly to get through the backdoor should accept the consequences.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
And yet, at the end of the day, these people are agreeing to cheat because they want an easy way out. Nobody is forcing them to cheat. Nobody is forcing them to game the system. Yes, I understand shady consultancies and agencies exist. But anyone who chooses to lie willingly to get through the backdoor should accept the consequences.
Well I totally agree with you, I just feel bad, most of these have everything in the world to be a genuine candidate but still they choose these shortcuts and then end up in this $hit

D

Deleted member 1083629

How do you hear a name like Alpha College and say to yourself "yeah, that sounds legit, I'mma go there". Good god, one google search will tell you all you need to know. Fact is, they want a better life (this I understand), but they choose to take shortcuts and it costs them. Let them do their protests. They tried to cheat and got burned. That's on them, is it not?
Agree here. However, it's weird that there are unicorn companies operating from within Canada (ApplyBoard) that promote this. I do think that those kids are not victims; anyone with the internet can check. The only person I feel bad for is that girl's father. Seeing him working so hard just to give his daughter the future he has never had... Idk, I feel bad for the guy.

This video is actually pretty interesting. Fraser knows about it, JT openly admits that they need international students. It seems like one of the pillars of Canadian economy is constant flow of foreign students.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

In that case do an upfront medical if that gives you peace of mind. In the end no one can predict IRCC's action. So do what makes most sense with respect to cost and feeling good

Reactions: ilikesnow

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Agree here. However, it's weird that there are unicorn companies operating from within Canada (ApplyBoard) that promote this. I do think that those kids are not victims; anyone with the internet can check. The only person I feel bad for is that girl's father. Seeing him working so hard just to give his daughter the future he has never had... Idk, I feel bad for the guy.

This video is actually pretty interesting. Fraser knows about it, JT openly admits that they need international students. It seems like one of the pillars of Canadian economy is constant flow of foreign students.
When a college puts up a 'no students allowed' sign in front of their main entrance, you know its legit.
Besides the girl said she wanted to make memories on campus. I mean she has a hell of a story to tell her grandkids.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Yeah you're right, the parents who toil to put their kids in Canadian colleges are the real victims. And yeah, the Canadian govt 100% knows about it. Given the opportunity to improve the situation, they didn't do it. Because it would impact their bottom line.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Archives: https://www.uiis.ca/category/express-entry/page/2/

In one year the number of candidates added to the 470-500 pool has been from about 17k (Aug 21) to 35k (Oct 22). While 500-600 it has been from 2.2k (Jul 21) to 8.7k (Jul 22) to now 2.2k (8 real draws or about 5 draws of 4250) as of today.

Since I am bored to infer from all this but I would say 1000 will be added to pool every draw between 450-500, 500 added from 500-600 and about 1000-1500 pnp will be above 600 in the draws replished every 2 weeks. This means you can expect the draws to fall much more slowly below 500 than above it. And if I was to guess you can consider that only 2000 per draw will be depleted for you to be relevant. So based on where you are in the points pool I would say you can calculate that way when the cut off will get close to you. Per month you can consider 2000-2500 in the pool getting exhausted from the 500 mark and below.

From this calculation I would say it will take 4-5 months or 8-9 draws to hit 481 and maybe 6 more months to reach 470 mark. This number includes the replenishment number and pnp invites and assumes the current cadence of draws continues without any disruption.