+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

I never had unpaid gig. But, I would just add it and say it was unpaid in an LOE. I added LOE for each job I had and explained about the NOC the job falls in, hours I worked in. For example, I had same on campus job (GRA) from 2014 to 2016 except 6 months in between when I took up an internship. So explained about these. My point is if you have something to explain just put it in a LOE with detailed timeline.
Ah thanks. I thought for some reason that an LOE would be overkill for just the personal history section, but better safe than sorry i suppose

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Ah thanks. I thought for some reason that an LOE would be overkill for just the personal history section, but better safe than sorry i suppose
I had LOE's for POF and Employment (6 no's). But keep the LOE as short and precise as possible.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Tokelola

Jun 27, 2022
Good evening, everyone. My friend just checked his profile and saw that there was a new update under the optional document section with the document name of Client information and a required submission deadline for his PR application but he was not provided with any link to upload anything. Has anyone experienced this? Please could you provide any advice
note : he was not sent any email that there have been changes to his application. He was just curious and checked his profile today.
Thank you.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I had LOE's for POF and Employment (6 no's). But keep the LOE as short and precise as possible.
Yeah I have concise LOEs for POF and Employment. What's tripping me up is having an LOE for personal history (the unpaid gigs, unemployment etc)

D

Deleted member 1083629

Yeah I have concise LOEs for POF and Employment. What's tripping me up is having an LOE for personal history (the unpaid gigs, unemployment etc)
You are overthinking it, my guy. There is nothing worth explaining when it comes to unemployment and unpaid gigs. Everyone had those. I didn't even put unpaid gigs in my personal history because it's irrelevant. I was unemployed/studying/working and the fact that I got paid 10$ in cash for tutoring my neighbors' kid in math doesn't need to be explained.

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
Nothing is to be expectated when it comes to immigration, now that doesn't mean you can't make a somewhat educated guess, if they keep this pattern, there could be a chance. My advice, keep your profile in the pool and follow the biweekly draws, there should be 7 left for the year. Good luck.
Thanks! :)

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
how come your score is 480 with the language test that you have explained and adding sibling as well, kindly recheck your score I highly doubt it's 480 according to your explanation.
I have 5 years of work experience in Canada and my individual IELTS score are L - 8, R - 7.5, W - 7.5, S - 7 and points for sibling gave it a extra boost it needed.. I'm sort of worried about the impact of the new NOC categorization. Hoping for the best..

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
I am in the same boat as you. My CRS is 481 but it will drop to 476 in October due to my age. Fingers crossed for the rest of the year. This anxiety is killing me! :D
Oh I can totally relate! My IELTS score expires end of Jan 23.. the anxiety little too much at times.. but no pain no gain so I'm trying best to stay positive!

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
I have 5 years of work experience in Canada and my individual IELTS score are L - 8, R - 7.5, W - 7.5, S - 7 and points for sibling gave it a extra boost it needed.. I'm sort of worried about the impact of the new NOC categorization. Hoping for the best..
Very impressive writing score. The others are band 9, why not go for another IELTS, if you manage to score band 10 on three of the four, it's going to add 3 points per band 10. This way you'll get closer to 490 and be more certain of an ITA. And with it expiring soon, that's what I would do.

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
Very impressive writing score. The others are band 9, why not go for another IELTS, if you manage to score band 10 on three of the four, it's going to add 3 points per band 10. This way you'll get closer to 490 and be more certain of an ITA. And with it expiring soon, that's what I would do.
Thanks! I'm actually planning on redoing my IELTS but also trying to get an idea what the new NOC system is going to change for my chances. Do you have any idea about that?

D

Deleted member 1006777

You are overthinking it, my guy. There is nothing worth explaining when it comes to unemployment and unpaid gigs. Everyone had those. I didn't even put unpaid gigs in my personal history because it's irrelevant. I was unemployed/studying/working and the fact that I got paid 10$ in cash for tutoring my neighbors' kid in math doesn't need to be explained.
Yeah true, Im definitely overthinking it. But we know how much these IRCC buffoons itch to reject any non TR to PR application. I don't want to take chances since this is the one and only shot I will have.

• Haha
Reactions: AlmostThere2

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Thanks! I'm actually planning on redoing my IELTS but also trying to get an idea what the new NOC system is going to change for my chances. Do you have any idea about that?
The way I see it, you need not worry about the changes coming after 3 months, we'll all know the details then. But in the mean time, there is a pattern that we're seeing, take advantage of the current draws before they alter them, I'm certain improving your scores won't be too challenging. Cheers.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......