+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Kalkikoba

Sep 11, 2022
I did a 3 month coop and I will be starting a 1 year contract when I get my 1 year PGWP. If I happen to fall short of 12 full months of employment for my job (I wont be able to start the day I get my PGWP) can my time during my coop be counted if its a job of the same NOC and specifications?

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hello people!

First time posting here! Outland FSW aspirant.

I'm working on my reference letter/NOCs and I need some help. At my current company, I've essentially held three different jobs although my HR is counting it as four titles because of some system issues on their end. I now have 3 NOCs for four job titles/roles.

My concern is that for two of these roles, I have chosen the same NOC but it's a Skill Type 0 NOC (0211). It makes sense since I was managing/leading a team but I don't necessarily want points for this since it's engineering related and I'm not an engineer. I fulfill the three years' requirement for maximum points with my current role and the first one I had when I joined the company.

How does the points claiming system work during the actual application? Can I omit/not claim points for two roles/one NOC in the middle of the work history but claim points for current/primary NOC and another NOC from 2-3 years ago?

Thank you!

Reactions: auzair

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
CRS score 480. Can I expect an invite by end of 2022?

Following is my profile:
  1. Age 25, Single
  2. Education - 3 years degree and 2 years part-time masters, considered as one or more degree/certification as per WES
  3. Started working in HR operations (2 years 9 mon exp.) entry-level role after graduation. While working at my 1st job completed the part-time masters degree in Accounting & Finance mentioned above.
  4. Started a new role as Associate in global HR SSC (1 year 11 mon exp.)
  5. Started a new role as HR business analyst (however I have left that job in 7 months due to personal reasons and currently job hunting)
  6. IELTS overall score 7.5 with no individual score less than 6.5
  7. Sibling living in Canada on PR status
I am in the same boat as you. My CRS is 481 but it will drop to 476 in October due to my age. Fingers crossed for the rest of the year. This anxiety is killing me! :D

Reactions: Jazkh
D

Deleted member 1006777

CRS score 480. Can I expect an invite by end of 2022?

Following is my profile:
  1. Age 25, Single
  2. Education - 3 years degree and 2 years part-time masters, considered as one or more degree/certification as per WES
  3. Started working in HR operations (2 years 9 mon exp.) entry-level role after graduation. While working at my 1st job completed the part-time masters degree in Accounting & Finance mentioned above.
  4. Started a new role as Associate in global HR SSC (1 year 11 mon exp.)
  5. Started a new role as HR business analyst (however I have left that job in 7 months due to personal reasons and currently job hunting)
  6. IELTS overall score 7.5 with no individual score less than 6.5
  7. Sibling living in Canada on PR status
It's possible, but unlikely to be honest.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello people!

First time posting here! Outland FSW aspirant.

I'm working on my reference letter/NOCs and I need some help. At my current company, I've essentially held three different jobs although my HR is counting it as four titles because of some system issues on their end. I now have 3 NOCs for four job titles/roles.

My concern is that for two of these roles, I have chosen the same NOC but it's a Skill Type 0 NOC (0211). It makes sense since I was managing/leading a team but I don't necessarily want points for this since it's engineering related and I'm not an engineer. I fulfill the three years' requirement for maximum points with my current role and the first one I had when I joined the company.

How does the points claiming system work during the actual application? Can I omit/not claim points for two roles/one NOC in the middle of the work history but claim points for current/primary NOC and another NOC from 2-3 years ago?

Thank you!
Yes that can be done. You provide reference letter for the job / role for which you want to claim points. Rest all goes in to personal history section. While going in to pool you only mention work ex dates for which you want to claim points.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Hi @OneStepAtATime,

Thanks for your answer!

So, I guess I should not include it on pre-ITA at all right?
For post-ITA, I should include the transcript and certificate in the education section document and also remember to put it in the activities section, address history, and personal history, right?

For PCC, since my exchange was in Canada, I suppose I don't need a PCC from Canada.
Apologies for late reply, I had forgotten to reply yesterday after work.

Yes, since the degree was awarded by the Singapore university and only the Singapore university, I believe just a single entry with Singapore as the Country of study will do.

And yes, for the eAPR (post-ITA) include your certificate and transcript alongside your educational credential assessment report in the upload slot for education documents. You can add your language test reports to this file as well.

And yup, be sure to include the stint abroad in your address history and your personal history, and make sure that the start and end dates are in sync. If you feel the need to add a short explanation to clarify the situation further, you can do so in the Client Information document. The upload slot for that is located at the bottom of the documents upload page, but it does not always appear so you may need to re-login until you see it. Once it appears for you, you can make it stick around by uploading a blank placeholder document.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Soft landing question:
Folks who did Soft Landing via land, were you able to apply for PR card and SIN during soft landing? How was the experience?

D

Deleted member 994371

Soft landing question:
Folks who did Soft Landing via land, were you able to apply for PR card and SIN during soft landing? How was the experience?

1. Don't tell them you are soft-landing. Give your friend's/relative's address when you land.
2. Faced with no issues getting SIN the next day of landing. However, some folks did face some issue where Service Canada had no record of them landing. In that case, they were given a temp paper with information written on it so that they can still be employed. It won't effect you if you are not looking for job but it may affect you if you want to get SIN as fast as you can and get out.
3. Also get a bank account and credit card the day you land. CIBC offers more credit limits than any other bank.
4. If you have US driving license you can exchange it for a Canadian license later, so don't go for DL right now.