+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

There is a Education section, Work Experience section and Activities section

Education section => Put only education for which you claim points and have ECA
Work Experience section => Work Experience for which you claim points and have reference letter
activities section => Everything else including unemployment, any other job for which points not claimed, any other education for which points not claimed.
Okay makes sense. Thanks! I'll start getting this done now lol

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
We can get PCC from either Police station or Passport office in India, my spouse got the police station one already but it have her old address(Her Parent's) mentioned, as they pick it from Passport ( Changing on Passport is another long procedure). We have also applied for Passport office one, which will have new address but will take 2-3 weeks. We only have 30 days left to submit application, what should we do?

I was thinking to use the Police station PCC alongside, Passport office acknowledgement and submit the completed one later via webform once we get that? Also mention two current address in history form? They are both in same city tho but I have doubts.
The PCC from passport office does not have any address mentioned and hence is better to submit. But yes, if you think you will not get it before submission deadline submit police one. But you have 30 days to go so you can still wait for the PCC from passport office.

Reactions: ilikesnow

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Every time I open Linkedin to look for a job, I remember posts on CICnews about the lowest unemployment rate in a long time, and I get surprised. Every single company that interviewed me while my PR was in process, lays off their engineers. Shopify - 10 %, Coinbase - 30%, FB and Google - hiring freeze (my interviews got cancelled), Twilio - dunno how many but laid off people, Twitter - hiring freeze. I wonder where CICnews takes their data, if all I am seeing is the beginning of the major recession.
I think this is very industry and sector specific. In my field (Software Development/IT), I still get head hunted by prospective employers/recruiters viewing my profile and I am constantly replying 'thanks, but not currently looking'. I even stopped responding to them now.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
So is there a comprehensive list of guidelines or FAQs for filling out the PR application? I have some specific questions, and i'm not sure what keywords to search for.
Nairaland has a nice Express Entry FAQ at the beginning of their express entry thread. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to another forum here, but I'm sure you'll be able to locate it yourself. It's located within the Travel section.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I think this is very industry and sector specific. In my field (Software Development/IT), I still get head hunted by prospective employers/recruiters viewing my profile and I am constantly replying 'thanks, but not currently looking'. I even stopped responding to them now.
I am ML/Data engineer and so far, it’s pretty quiet for me. Hmmm… Maybe because I have Russian companies on my cv.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
There is a Education section, Work Experience section and Activities section

Education section => Put only education for which you claim points and have ECA
Work Experience section => Work Experience for which you claim points and have reference letter
activities section => Everything else including unemployment, any other job for which points not claimed, any other education for which points not claimed.
hi @cansha,

I completed my undergraduate study in Singapore for four years.
However, out of four years, I did an exchange study at a university in Canada for 6 months.
Since it is an exchange study, there is no proper degree or certificate awarded, only an exchange certificate.
I do not intend to claim any points for my exchange study in Canada.

I have a few questions regarding this:
  1. Do I need to include this in my pre-ITA profile if I do not want to claim any points? I guess I do not need to right?
  2. Do I need to include the documentation (transcript during exchange, exchange certificate) in the education document post-ITA? In my Singapore University transcript, there is one semester when it is said “Transfer Credit from the University of ABC”. So, I wonder if I should include this for my post-ITA document in the education section and add some explanation in LOE.
  3. Do I need to include this in my education history section for the post-ITA document? Since it is a non-degree program, I suppose I do not need to include it?

My guess would be that I should not include it on pre ITA profile and education history section for post-ITA since it is a non-degree program, but I should upload the transcript and certificate to the education section for post-ITA and fill it in for the activities section. Or should I just not include it altogether in my EE journey?

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
hi @cansha,

I completed my undergraduate study in Singapore for four years.
However, out of four years, I did an exchange study at a university in Canada for 6 months.
Since it is an exchange study, there is no proper degree or certificate awarded, only an exchange certificate.
I do not intend to claim any points for my exchange study in Canada.

I have a few questions regarding this:
  1. Do I need to include this in my pre-ITA profile if I do not want to claim any points? I guess I do not need to right?
  2. Do I need to include the documentation (transcript during exchange, exchange certificate) in the education document post-ITA? In my Singapore University transcript, there is one semester when it is said “Transfer Credit from the University of ABC”. So, I wonder if I should include this for my post-ITA document in the education section and add some explanation in LOE.
  3. Do I need to include this in my education history section for the post-ITA document? Since it is a non-degree program, I suppose I do not need to include it?

My guess would be that I should not include it on pre ITA profile and education history section for post-ITA since it is a non-degree program, but I should upload the transcript and certificate to the education section for post-ITA and fill it in for the activities section. Or should I just not include it altogether in my EE journey?
Hey ivicts, I'm going to give answering this a shot seeing that no one has responded yet.

I don't think it's necessary to explicitly include your exchange stint in your education history since the university did not award you any diplomas for it. I believe a single entry covering all 4 years for your bachelor's will do. There's no harm including it, but it's not really necessary. Student exchanges are not uncommon after all, so I don't think any special explanation is required.

Do make sure to it in your address history and personal history though, since your residence did change even if only for 6 months. A PCC will be necessary as well if that stint ended within the last 10 years.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hey ivicts, I'm going to give answering this a shot seeing that no one has responded yet.

I don't think it's necessary to explicitly include your exchange stint in your education history since the university did not award you any diplomas for it. I believe a single entry covering all 4 years for your bachelor's will do. There's no harm including it, but it's not really necessary. Student exchanges are not uncommon after all, so I don't think any special explanation is required.

Do make sure to it in your address history and personal history though, since your residence did change even if only for 6 months. A PCC will be necessary as well if that stint ended within the last 10 years.
PCC from Canada is not needed.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Dear all,

I started to lear French as a backup plan and now I'm at A2 level. To move forward to B1/B2, can anyone recommend me a tutor or class that you have taken as my current tutor can only be able to teach like B1.1 level. I'm thinking to take TCF. I would be really appreciated if you could share with me any study materials, too.

Thank you so much in advance.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Dear all,

I started to lear French as a backup plan and now I'm at A2 level. To move forward to B1/B2, can anyone recommend me a tutor or class that you have taken as my current tutor can only be able to teach like B1.1 level. I'm thinking to take TCF. I would be really appreciated if you could share with me any study materials, too.

Thank you so much in advance.
- I had a private tutor, fairly cheap in my country, so not a possibility for everyone.
- I had weekly conversation lessons with a tutor on Italki.
- I also went to Tandem and found a language partner and had weekly or twice a week conversations to get comfortable with speaking. This is fairly difficult, I certainly got lucky finding an excellent language partner.
- Don't have access to my study materials anymore, I'd recommend any generic French textbook like Cosmopolite and work through them all the way from A1 to B2.
- I also got prepmyfuture which is pretty good. And it's pretty cheap too.
- I listened to InnerFrench almost religiously. One episode a day minimum while driving to work etc, then in the evening, listen to the same episode with the transcription, pausing and noting down specific words or phrases, along with the sentence as an example. I used this for Anki (a flashcard app that I used for my vocabulary)
- Do not buy flashcard decks for vocabulary, they are useless. Make your own based on what you encounter in your textbooks or podcasts.
- Two months before the exam, start exam specific prep. I wrote one article a day to practise for teh writing section and had my Italki tutor correct it and give me feedback.
- I also read french articles, one or two a day, on lapresse.ca and did the whole Anki routine with that too.

By the end of it, I had a decent vocabulary, along with example sentences for context. I was fairly comfortable using certain phrases and tenses in spoken form for the speaking section. I had a good template for the writing section that I could adapt to different topics. Reading was by far the easiest, I didn't do much specific prep for that. Your experience may vary.