+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

- I had a private tutor, fairly cheap in my country, so not a possibility for everyone.
- I had weekly conversation lessons with a tutor on Italki.
- I also went to Tandem and found a language partner and had weekly or twice a week conversations to get comfortable with speaking. This is fairly difficult, I certainly got lucky finding an excellent language partner.
- Don't have access to my study materials anymore, I'd recommend any generic French textbook like Cosmopolite and work through them all the way from A1 to B2.
- I also got prepmyfuture which is pretty good. And it's pretty cheap too.
- I listened to InnerFrench almost religiously. One episode a day minimum while driving to work etc, then in the evening, listen to the same episode with the transcription, pausing and noting down specific words or phrases, along with the sentence as an example. I used this for Anki (a flashcard app that I used for my vocabulary)
- Do not buy flashcard decks for vocabulary, they are useless. Make your own based on what you encounter in your textbooks or podcasts.
- Two months before the exam, start exam specific prep. I wrote one article a day to practise for teh writing section and had my Italki tutor correct it and give me feedback.
- I also read french articles, one or two a day, on lapresse.ca and did the whole Anki routine with that too.

By the end of it, I had a decent vocabulary, along with example sentences for context. I was fairly comfortable using certain phrases and tenses in spoken form for the speaking section. I had a good template for the writing section that I could adapt to different topics. Reading was by far the easiest, I didn't do much specific prep for that. Your experience may vary.
One issue I have with French is the pronunciation. I just can't get it right. For me, German is so much easier to learn; it's much more "mathematically" structured lol. There are bunch of grammar rules (articles damn them) but pronunciation is much more straightforward.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
- I had a private tutor, fairly cheap in my country, so not a possibility for everyone.
- I also went to Tandem and found a language partner and had weekly or twice a week conversations to get comfortable with speaking. This is fairly difficult, I certainly got lucky finding an excellent language partner.
- Don't have access to my study materials anymore, I'd recommend any generic French textbook like Cosmopolite and work through them all the way from A1 to B2.
- I listened to InnerFrench almost religiously. One episode a day minimum while driving to work etc, then in the evening, listen to the same episode with the transcription, pausing and noting down specific words or phrases, along with the sentence as an example. I used this for Anki (a flashcard app that I used for my vocabulary)
- Do not buy flashcard decks for vocabulary, they are useless. Make your own based on what you encounter in your textbooks or podcasts.
- Two months before the exam, start exam specific prep. I wrote one article a day to practise for teh writing section and had my Italki tutor correct it and give me feedback.
- I also read french articles, one or two a day, on lapresse.ca and did the whole Anki routine with that too.

By the end of it, I had a decent vocabulary, along with example sentences for context. I was fairly comfortable using certain phrases and tenses in spoken form for the speaking section. I had a good template for the writing section that I could adapt to different topics. Reading was by far the easiest, I didn't do much specific prep for that. Your experience may vary.
You also need to mention if your native language is something like Spanish or Portuguese. Some users on this forum mentioned that it is easy to learn French quickly if your native language is similar to Spanish or Portuguese.

D

Deleted member 1083629

You also need to mention if your native language is something like Spanish or Portuguese. Some users on this forum mentioned that it is easy to learn French quickly if your native language is similar to Spanish or Portuguese.
Yup. I studied BR Portuguese for a year and when I started French, the grammar was almost identical.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello guys!

Do someone know what they are looking for in the blood and urine tests ? A " friend of mine" has his medicals on Wednesday and a big party tonight? :)

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hey ivicts, I'm going to give answering this a shot seeing that no one has responded yet.

I don't think it's necessary to explicitly include your exchange stint in your education history since the university did not award you any diplomas for it. I believe a single entry covering all 4 years for your bachelor's will do. There's no harm including it, but it's not really necessary. Student exchanges are not uncommon after all, so I don't think any special explanation is required.

Do make sure to it in your address history and personal history though, since your residence did change even if only for 6 months. A PCC will be necessary as well if that stint ended within the last 10 years.
Hi @OneStepAtATime,

Thanks for your answer!

So, I guess I should not include it on pre-ITA at all right?
For post-ITA, I should include the transcript and certificate in the education section document and also remember to put it in the activities section, address history, and personal history, right?

For PCC, since my exchange was in Canada, I suppose I don't need a PCC from Canada.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Hello guys!

Do someone know what they are looking for in the blood and urine tests ? A " friend of mine" has his medicals on Wednesday and a big party tonight? :)
They say they check for syphilis and HIV, but they take quite a considerable amount of blood and the vials they use can be used for other lab tests like renal and liver function tests. But I doubt they'll check for marijuana as it is mostly legal to use recreationally in Canada. Just advise them to stay away from amphetamines and cocaine as these can increase their heart rate and blood pressure and if there is a sudden spike in BP, visual acuity can also suffer and that could lead to medical inadmissibility. So, long story short, don't party like a rockstar....

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
They say they check for syphilis and HIV, but they take quite a considerable amount of blood and the vials they use can be used for other lab tests like renal and liver function tests. But I doubt they'll check for marijuana as it is mostly legal to use recreationally in Canada. Just advise them to stay away from amphetamines and cocaine as these can increase their heart rate and blood pressure and if there is a sudden spike in BP, visual acuity can also suffer and that could lead to medical inadmissibility. So, long story short, don't party like a rockstar....
Ha ha thanks for your answer :) !

This forum is such a big skills pool I'm sure we can ask almost anything and get an answer by someone who is a professional on that topic...

Reactions: AlmostThere2

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Do u still have ur writing templates ? Possible to share..?

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
CRS score 480. Can I expect an invite by end of 2022?

Following is my profile:
  1. Age 25, Single
  2. Education - 3 years degree and 2 years part-time masters, considered as one or more degree/certification as per WES
  3. Started working in HR operations (2 years 9 mon exp.) entry-level role after graduation. While working at my 1st job completed the part-time masters degree in Accounting & Finance mentioned above.
  4. Started a new role as Associate in global HR SSC (1 year 11 mon exp.)
  5. Started a new role as HR business analyst (however I have left that job in 7 months due to personal reasons and currently job hunting)
  6. IELTS overall score 7.5 with no individual score less than 6.5
  7. Sibling living in Canada on PR status

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020

Following is my profile:
  1. Age 25, Single
  2. Education - 3 years degree and 2 years part-time masters, considered as one or more degree/certification as per WES
  3. Started working in HR operations (2 years 9 mon exp.) entry-level role after graduation. While working at my 1st job completed the part-time masters degree in Accounting & Finance mentioned above.
  5. Started a new role as HR business analyst (however I have left that job in 7 months due to personal reasons and currently job hunting)
Nothing is to be expectated when it comes to immigration, now that doesn't mean you can't make a somewhat educated guess, if they keep this pattern, there could be a chance. My advice, keep your profile in the pool and follow the biweekly draws, there should be 7 left for the year. Good luck.

sunny0078

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
India
Category........
FSW

Following is my profile:
  1. Age 25, Single
how come your score is 480 with the language test that you have explained and adding sibling as well, kindly recheck your score I highly doubt it's 480 according to your explanation.

Reactions: klubsoda