+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
6 months statement is all you need. There is no need for a LOE but if it makes you sleep better at night and worry less do that. Else, honestly no one even reads those things. I have read enough GCMS notes to know that LOEs are not as useful as people think they are.
So an account summary, showing the date account opened, bank contact details, my account details, current balance +6 months statements should be sufficient for POF?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Dumbest decision IMHO.

At some level I feel bad for people like this. Then I don't, because did this guy seriosuly do no research before deciding to move there? Not when they were applying, not when they were waiting for the processing, not when they got their PPR? But 2 months before moving, the genius looks for advice on how to basically find an entry level job to take care of his 8 month old baby and wife all on a single (entry level) salary, from a job he will probably not get for a long time, in a field he has no experience in. Seriously?

"mAkEs OnE JiTtEr At TiMeS, ThInKiNg AbOuT tHe UnKnOwN" How about instead of jittering, you do some research before you decide to uproot your family and leave a career behind? Maybe build some experience in a relavant field because you're unlikely to be writing for goddamn bollywood when you move to Canada?

You always hear stories about how immigrants find it tough after moving to a new country. Then you realize this is the type of immigrant you're talking about.

You want a job with no relevant experience AND no experience in Canada (the fabled mythical Canadian Experience), okay, I'll give you some advice. You won't get a job anytime soon. Expect to try and find relevant volunteer experience and survive on Dad's money for a year or so, before you start getting interviews for paid positions. There. Can I get my homemade meal now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
At some level I feel bad for people like this. Then I don't, because did this guy seriosuly do no research before deciding to move there? Not when they were applying, not when they were waiting for the processing, not when they got their PPR? But 2 months before moving, the genius looks for advice on how to basically find an entry level job to take care of his 8 month old baby and wife all on a single (entry level) salary, from a job he will probably not get for a long time, in a field he has no experience in. Seriously?

"mAkEs OnE JiTtEr At TiMeS, ThInKiNg AbOuT tHe UnKnOwN" How about instead of jittering, you do some research before you decide to uproot your family and leave a career behind? Maybe build some experience in a relavant field because you're unlikely to be writing for goddamn bollywood when you move to Canada?

You always hear stories about how immigrants find it tough after moving to a new country. Then you realize this is the type of immigrant you're talking about.

You want a job with no relevant experience AND no experience in Canada (the fabled mythical Canadian Experience), okay, I'll give you some advice. You won't get a job anytime soon. Expect to try and find relevant volunteer experience and survive on Dad's money for a year or so, before you start getting interviews for paid positions. There. Can I get my homemade meal now?
Don't be so hard on the guy. I've heard that Canada is an up and coming hub for bollywood filming and writing recently. Or was that Hollywood? Can't tell these days

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Don't be so hard on the guy. I've heard that Canada is an up and coming hub for bollywood filming and writing recently. Or was that Hollywood? Can't tell these days
Soon Kuberi Kamala will feature the writer dude b*tching about Canada and what a let down Canadian experience has been on his boring YouTube channel.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Exactly the reason why I missed my Australian PR settlement. I wanted to land there with a job in hand. Turned out it is harder than expected. So I decided where-ever I will go I will go as an internal transfer. Worked well for me as far as job goes.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

We have received the PPR.

Here is the timeline:

--> Primary applicant (Me): AOR: Feb 21st 2021
---> PA biometrics --> April 21
--> We got married in December 2021 and added my spouse to the profile post that
--> Added to profile on June 20th 2022 (submitted all documents, Schedule A, marriage proof etc.)
--->Remed request for PA and first time medicals for dependent for me June 22nd 2022
---> Meds pass July 4th 2022
--> My biometrics August 16th 2022
--> PPR email on 25th August!!
--> COR, Delhi, India

Hope everyone gets the mail on the forum!

I have a few questions and I would be grateful for any help:

-->The PPR document starts with the following, correct? Please confirm the same --> "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa" This is THE PPR correct? Or should I wait for any more documents?

---> The PPR is addressed to the principal applicant only? My spouse has not received any document and the one in the GC Key portal is in my name. Please confirm.

--> We are looking at physically going to the VFS centre and submitting the passport, however, the VFS webform asks for number of passport submission for which we have selected "2" and it also asks for "Please upload the first page of each applicant's passport submission letter "...What letter should I submit for my spouse as I have not received any document addressed to my spouse?!

---> Should we choose the two way service by VFS, what are the charges for the same? And should two different packages be made or just one?

THANKS TO THIS AMAZONG FORUM! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

We have received the PPR.

Here is the timeline:

--> Primary applicant (Me): AOR: Feb 21st 2021
---> PA biometrics --> April 21
--> We got married in December 2021 and added my spouse to the profile post that
--> Added to profile on June 20th 2022 (submitted all documents, Schedule A, marriage proof etc.)
--->Remed request for PA and first time medicals for dependent for me June 22nd 2022
---> Meds pass July 4th 2022
--> My biometrics August 16th 2022
--> PPR email on 25th August!!
--> COR, Delhi, India

Hope everyone gets the mail on the forum!

I have a few questions and I would be grateful for any help:

-->The PPR document starts with the following, correct? Please confirm the same --> "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa" This is THE PPR correct? Or should I wait for any more documents?

---> The PPR is addressed to the principal applicant only? My spouse has not received any document and the one in the GC Key portal is in my husband's name. Please confirm.

--> We are looking at physically going to the VFS centre and submitting the passport, however, the VFS webform asks for number of passport submission for which we have selected "2" and it also asks for "Please upload the first page of each applicant's passport submission letter "...What letter should I submit for myself as I have not received any document addressed to me!

---> Should we choose the two way service by VFS, what are the charges for the same? And should two different packages be made or just one?

THANKS TO THIS AMAZONG FORUM! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!
Congratulations, yes that is PPR. Your post is quite confusing. You are the principal applicant right? So the PPR is addressed to you, or to your husband? How can the PPR be addressed to you (PA) but at the same time be in the name of your husband? I don't get it.

Each applicant listed on the application in the GCKey account should each get their own PPR letter.

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Congratulations, yes that is PPR. Your post is quite confusing. You are the principal applicant right? So the PPR is addressed to you, or to your husband? How can the PPR be addressed to you (PA) but at the same time be in the name of your husband? I don't get it.

Each applicant listed on the application in the GCKey account should each get their own PPR letter.
My bad! I edited my post, can you please re-read it and share your response?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No, application number is same.

UCI number is different.
ok, so he is definitely added to your account if you can see his UCI number when you click on "dependents". Ideally, there should be a PPR letter uploaded for him as well, but IRCC does as IRCC does. I was inland, and I still got emailed a separate PR confirmation letter for each of my dependants.

Is there any reference to dependants in your PPR letter?

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Okay, I am outland and COR is India. I have read somewhere that only the principal applicant gets the PPR.

No, there is no reference to dependents in the PPR