+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Balraj2021

Aug 1, 2021
Anywhere between a few days to a bajillion years.
Woowwwww

Hope it doesnt take to those bajillion days for me ..
i got that comment in file two days back , and they say my app is approved two months back

So was wandering how long it can take more to get ppr

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
We are in a similar situation but I will be trying to secure the condo before actaully arriving to Canada. However I will only use registered rental agencies, the safest way. I actually made few phone calls already and there is no problem to do that however they are asking for prove of employment etc. which is normal so for people who do not have a job yet it might be difficult.
I would not recommend signing a lease before viewing the unit after landing, consider booking an Airbnb for a month and then finding a place.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Woowwwww

Hope it doesnt take to those bajillion days for me ..
i got that comment in file two days back , and they say my app is approved two months back

So was wandering how long it can take more to get ppr
Some people were waiting for more than 4 months after their applications were approved, not sure when they got their PPR. Just keep an eye on your email account and keep checking the spam folder, it can come at any time.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Balraj2021

Aug 1, 2021
Some people were waiting for more than 4 months after their applications were approved, not sure when they got their PPR. Just keep an eye on your email account and keep checking the spam folder, it can come at any time.
Yes , even my file was approved on 3may2022, and its been more than 2.5months .. two days back it got a comment that send RFV , so not sure how long after it ..

Reactions: kuldip25

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys i’m exhausted. I've been engaging in express entry for almost 4 years and after being million times up and down in the pool, I stand with score of 510 which will be decreased by 5 points on 11th september. Whats your opinion on my situation? Is there any chance to be invited before losing points or even to be invited before upcoming changes in express entry?

• Sad
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys i’m exhausted. I've been engaging in express entry for almost 4 years and after being million times up and down in the pool, I stand with score of 510 which will be decreased by 5 points on 11th september. Whats your opinion on my situation? Is there any chance to be invited before losing points or even to be invited before upcoming changes in express entry?
To give you some kind of comfort, me and a lot of others are in the same situation, so you are not alone.

I'm sorry to tell you but the chances of receiving an ITA before your birthday or even in September are close to none, reason being the size of the draws. However, the possibility of you receiving an ITA by the year's end will be determined in September because we will see if the draws will pass the "feared" 2,500 threshold or not. If they do, then yes, you stand a chance.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I would not recommend signing a lease before viewing the unit after landing, consider booking an Airbnb for a month and then finding a place.
Why? We know the place where we want to live and we will have an online live view of it so I know the state of the apartments and the whole neighbourhood :D

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Why? We know the place where we want to live and we will have an online live view of it so I know the state of the apartments and the whole neighbourhood :D
If you know it very well, then go ahead an sign. At times, online viewing could also be a scam. Unfortunately, its a lot in Canada given these low skilled PGDMs who have no way to make money start becoming con artists and you are the right target for them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
There is a probability of being scammed that's why. I would once again recommend booking an Airbnb for 4-6 weeks initially.

I just secured a studio apartment in the Downtown Toronto area, moving in in 2 weeks, the rental process is very intense here I would say. Since I moved from the US, I have a job and my US credit history helped secure the apartment without paying anything more than the standard deposit. Landlords here call up your workplace HR and verify whether your job is legitimate, which is pretty crazy.

Last edited:

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I totally agree with other forum members, it is not a wise idea to sign a lease before seeing the place ,there is a lot of scams going around here.
One more thing never rent apartments/basements from certain people(I am sure you understoodwhat I meant ,I have mentionedin my post several times), if you are renting single family homes, make sure you do your research thoroughly and meet the owner before you sign the lease,make sure you discusseverythinglike laundry, cutting grass,ploughing snow, maintenence,utilities,privacy (you might think this are basic things, trust me there is where they take advantage of you)etc, certain things you can't tolerate it ,you are moving to a new country you don't want to put yourself through that hassle .I heard certain people are so stinchy they will make your stay living hell.Many landlords I mentioned are just cheap and they will be extra nice to you when they meet you first but there is a lot of traps behind that smile.
Choosing a home is similar to Choosing friends believe me you don't want to make a bad choice on that.I am not exaggerating, I am telling the plain truth.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Notwithstanding scams, you should know that it's very easy to use varying focal lengths to make apartment features look bigger/smaller. They can add filters on top of that with attractive colour schemes. You wouldn't get a proper feel for the place unless you actually view it.

Plus, you wouldn't know what the neighbourhood is like right now ... Whether there is construction going on, traffic noise, homeless people noise, etc.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I totally agree with other forum members, it is not a wise idea to sign a lease before seeing the place ,there is a lot of scams going around here.
One more thing never rent apartments/basements from certain people(I am sure you understoodwhat I meant ,I have mentionedin my post several times), if you are renting single family homes, make sure you do your research thoroughly and meet the owner before you sign the lease,make sure you discusseverythinglike laundry, cutting grass,ploughing snow, maintenence,utilities,privacy (you might think this are basic things, trust me there is where they take advantage of you)etc, certain things you can't tolerate it ,you are moving to a new country you don't want to put yourself through that hassle .I heard certain people are so stinchy they will make your stay living hell.Many landlords I mentioned are just cheap and they will be extra nice to you when they meet you first but there is a lot of traps behind that smile.
Choosing a home is similar to Choosing friends believe me you don't want to make a bad choice on that.I am not exaggerating, I am telling the plain truth.
I agree, make sure to meet the landlord in person or virtually. Also, I recommend getting a realtor, they charge no fee and will walk you through the entire rental process and prepare all the paperwork when submitting an offer.

Reactions: PRANIT01

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
There is a probability of being scammed that's why. I would once again recommend booking an Airbnb for 4-6 weeks initially.

I just secured a studio apartment in the Downtown Toronto area, moving in in 2 weeks, the rental process is very intense here I would say. Since I moved from the US, I have a job and my US credit history helped secure the apartment without paying anything more than the standard deposit. Landlords here call up your workplace HR and verify whether your job is legitimate, which is pretty crazy.
That is the same in TX ,in Houston the apt manager calls the HR to ask whether you work there and ask for 3 months of paystubs and previous references and credit history.