+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is one thing that bothers me the most.
Canada's economy looks fragile and scary I think in terms of diversification, I think even india is doing better job,even though they say it is one of the most developed nations.
First no global brands (black berry,bombardier....are ded)
I mainly didn't prefer Australia because it only had mining canada is not much different.
Why does canada sell apart from agricultural product, auto parts ,natural resources.
Canada don't have even refineries ,they mine every thing just send to US to get finished products.
Fully dependent on US as a customer

Maybe scared of US(as we know US govt is very good with its competitors)may be lazy,but living here for 2 month I understood if US get a cold canada feels like pneumonia.
There is one more global brand .. Shopify .. although the stock price has tumbled a lot and they are doing very badly that they rescinded offers on even internships. But it does have global presence and has customers all over the world. Australia is dependent on China in the same way Canada is dependent on US.

Canada's economy and thinking is a little too closed and rigid for a developed country. It kind of helps and inhibits it at the same time. Their policies have helped them to have their home grown brands to exist - for example banks like TD, BMO, CIBC and Rogers etc. If the policies were open Chase or other US banks would have killed the market. Tim Hortons is able to sustain even with Starbucks. But since they get things easier here the companies have no will power or ability to dominate in markets outside of Canada.

Australia is secluded from rest of the world but Canada has an advantage of having access to US markets. But challenge is the companies don't have the open mindset and work culture needed to make a name in US. Unfortunately, from what I have seen they are not even trying to diversify economy to be in a better shape 10-15 years down the line. The work needs to start today to see results in future.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
There is one more global brand .. Shopify .. although the stock price has tumbled a lot and they are doing very badly that they rescinded offers on even internships. But it does have global presence and has customers all over the world. Australia is dependent on China in the same way Canada is dependent on US.

Canada's economy and thinking is a little too closed and rigid for a developed country. It kind of helps and inhibits it at the same time. Their policies have helped them to have their home grown brands to exist - for example banks like TD, BMO, CIBC and Rogers etc. If the policies were open Chase or other US banks would have killed the market. Tim Hortons is able to sustain even with Starbucks. But since they get things easier here the companies have no will power or ability to dominate in markets outside of Canada.

Australia is secluded from rest of the world but Canada has an advantage of having access to US markets. But challenge is the companies don't have the open mindset and work culture needed to make a name in US. Unfortunately, from what I have seen they are not even trying to diversify economy to be in a better shape 10-15 years down the line. The work needs to start today to see results in future.
Canada cannot even claim Slack as a success story. Though founded in BC, Slack had to move to Bay Area. Last year, it went to become one of the largest acquisition ($27.7 billion) in the world. Canada could have more Slacks and Shopifys if they can ditch its low skilled PGDM programs that Canada wants the world to believe they are high skilled programs. I have never seen so many poor or low rated schools in an country making so many low skilled work force. Canada needs more Universities not colleges. Canada can call them in a fancy way but PGDM colleges are just another Community colleges that are found in US. Don't forget, the role of STEM immigrants in building today's US tech world is huge. Canada can still do it.

Last edited:

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
A past memo already said score will not fall below 500 this year and all of the past memos have been 100% accurate so far.
I didnt know they have mentioned that it wont fall below 500
But it doesnt make sense
Even if they keep sending only 1500 ITAs per draw, it will get below 500 in 3-4months

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Most nurses end up working as a PSW while they are in process. Which is also a in demand field. I doubt people in the health field wi
Hey, could you please tell me how you updated your PR card mailing address after landing? The online tool isn't working.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Canada cannot even claim Slack as a success story. Though founded in BC, Slack had to move to Bay Area. Last year, it went to become one of the largest acquisition ($27.7 billion) in the world. Canada could have more Slacks and Shopifys if they can ditch its low skilled PGDM programs that Canada wants the world to believe they are high skilled programs. I have never seen so many poor or low rated schools in an country making so many low skilled work force. Canada needs more Universities not colleges. Canada can call them in a fancy way but PGDM colleges are just another Community colleges that are found in US.
More than that I think their recruiting practices are primitive. In this global day and age they frustrate many good candidates with their fascination of "Canadian Experience". Does coding change if someone does coding somewhere else in the world vs Canada. What is the use of bringing all the skilled people in the country and then not hiring the talent.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
More than that I think their recruiting practices are primitive. In this global day and age they frustrate many good candidates with their fascination of "Canadian Experience". Does coding change if someone does coding somewhere else in the world vs Canada. What is the use of bringing all the skilled people in the country and then not hiring the talent.
Its okay to give respect to a talent that spent some time in Canada but like you said its pathetic to ditch the New Immigrants due to lack of Canadian experience.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Its okay to give respect to a talent that spent some time in Canada but like you said its pathetic to ditch the New Immigrants due to lack of Canadian experience.
I would say it depends on the role also. If one is hiring an individual contributor for a very skills based job like coding where you will sit and code it really doesn't matter. I can still understand if you are trying to hire a manager and you are worried about work styles. But I think companies here are missing out on a lot of good talent because of that.

They frustrate and demean people and people remember that. So those folks then take that humiliation and then decide that as soon as they will get passports they will move down south and work there to get better money and better opportunity. So after 3-4 years Canada needs that talent again.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
One thing I am dead sure about is that all occupations in need by provinces would be included and French will have its own spot there.

Any thing else, would be just high speculation. You never know until they express it in writing.
One thing I am dead sure about is that all occupations in need by provinces would be included and French will have its own spot there.

Any thing else, would be just high speculation. You never know until they express it in writing.
Even if my noc(pharmacy) gets exluded, but I have B2 plus in french, is there any chance to get selected?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I would say it depends on the role also. If one is hiring an individual contributor for a very skills based job like coding where you will sit and code it really doesn't matter. I can still understand if you are trying to hire a manager and you are worried about work styles. But I think companies here are missing out on a lot of good talent because of that.

They frustrate and demean people and people remember that. So those folks then take that humiliation and then decide that as soon as they will get passports they will move down south and work there to get better money and better opportunity. So after 3-4 years Canada needs that talent again.
In short, Canada fails to keep the talent.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Just look at the licensing process, it takes a long time to study and pass the exams in the first attempt and there is a limit on total number of attempts. Also, they need to do some kind of job to support themselves till they get the licence.
Some people don't want to continue in their fields but can take adjacent jobs that were never available to them back home. I mean a physician can join the United Nations or WHO, or something, if they have a PR to a "1st world" country, they would have better allocation into these positions than if they applied from back home, because donor countries get bigger slices of the pie, and after naturalization, their income either doubles or triples, again because they are citizens of a donor country. I still think that Canada benefits, maybe not from a licensed doctor/pharmacist or what have you, but from the high taxes these individuals pay. CEC argument used right!!!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Some people don't want to continue in their fields but can take adjacent jobs that were never available to them back home. I mean a physician can join the United Nations or WHO, or something, if they have a PR to a "1st world" country, they would have better allocation into these positions than if they applied from back home, because donor countries get bigger slices of the pie, and after naturalization, their income either doubles or triples, again because they are citizens of a donor country. I still think that Canada benefits, maybe not from a licensed doctor/pharmacist or what have you, but from the high taxes these individuals pay. CEC argument used right!!!
What the point of inviting them under NOC specific draws if they wont work in their profession?

Reactions: Shadow09