+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
IRCC just needs one reference letter and nothing is required if you don't claim points for a job. I just submitted one reference with two salary slips for two of my jobs which was enough.
But you do claim points under "Skill Transferability factors" section with your WE right? Just asking.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
For someone who has worked in Canada on work permit for some months and considering CEC.
Will the mandatory 2 weeks COVID-19 quarantine be counted as part of work duration?
Example arrived Canada January 1 ,2022 but physically started work on 14th January. Employer paid salary for the 2 weeks quarantine.

When will the 1 year eligibility be complete? 1 January, 2023 or 14th January ,2023

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, is there any telegram or whatsapp group to connect for pre-ITA ? I would love an invite. Thank you guys!

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Happy to help. For CEC you cannot use work experience gained as self-employed, but this is not an issue for FSW.

Below is the skeleton of my reference letter:

To Whom It May Concern

RE: Confirmation of Contract: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (ID Num: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

This letter serves to confirm that Ms. XXXXXXXX XXXXXX is permanently contracted with XXXXXXXXXXXXXX since DD MM YYYY as a Senior Software Developer/Lead. She currently provides software development services to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and its clients in the following capacity:

Designation: IT Software Solutions Delivery Lead
Role: Software Developer/Programmer (Senior Level)
Duties:
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

Contract Type: Permanent Full Time Contractor (minimum of 40 hr/Week excluding overtime hours)

Remuneration: Current invoice rate is XXX/hr (excl. VAT). This does not include any performance related bonus which forms part of the contractual agreement.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is a Digital technology and innovative IT solution provider in (COUNTRY). Should you require any further confirmation, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you so much for providing this skeleton of the reference letter, perhaps it can also help other people who are struggling to find an answer for "independent contractor" work experience-related queries.
You mentioned 40 hours/week in the letter, was that specified in the contract? Or is this an average amount mentioned?

Thanks again for your help as always!

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
IRCC just needs one reference letter and nothing is required if you don't claim points for a job. I just submitted one reference with two salary slips for two of my jobs which was enough.
Hey ! I am claiming points for a job that I quit last year( 3 yrs). I am not claiming points for the job that I am currently doing. Would I have to give proof for the monthly salary from present company in my bank statement for POF ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you so much for providing this skeleton of the reference letter, perhaps it can also help other people who are struggling to find an answer for "independent contractor" work experience-related queries.
You mentioned 40 hours/week in the letter, was that specified in the contract? Or is this an average amount mentioned?

Thanks again for your help as always!
No, hours was not stated in my IC contract. I told our HR what I wanted the letter to say (as per IRCC's requirement) and they did accordingly.

Reactions: gracefu68

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
To stay there until my PR application is processed.
Well, if you don't submit your application before leaving your country, then you most certainly should inform for the change in country of residence and additionally provide proof of your legal status in that country.

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
No, hours was not stated in my IC contract. I told our HR what I wanted the letter to say (as per IRCC's requirement) and they did accordingly.
Oh ok, that's really nice to know that your company wrote the hours as per your requirement. Now, I've understood things clearly, thanks to your explanations.

If I have any further questions (hopefully I won't :)), I'll get back to you (hope you won't mind). Wishing you the very best for your new journey! Thanks again!

Reactions: wonderbly

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Cut off 450

The draw is limited to the following NOCs :-

• NOC 2242 - Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
  • NOC 2243 - Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
  • NOC 2253 - Drafting technologists and technicians
  • NOC 2282 - User support technicians
  • NOC 2283 - Information systems testing technicians
  • NOC 7201 - Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
  • NOC 7205 - Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
  • NOC 7233 - Sheet metal workers
  • NOC 7242 - Industrial electricians
  • NOC 7271 – Carpenters
  • NOC 7282 - Concrete finishers
  • NOC 7284 - Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
  • NOC 7293 – Insulators
  • NOC 7301 - Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
  • NOC 7303 - Supervisors, printing and related occupations
  • NOC 7305 - Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
  • NOC 7311 - Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
  • NOC 7313 - Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
  • NOC 7314 - Railway carmen/women
That's Bill C19 for ya'll bitches!

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Cut off 450

The draw is limited to the following NOCs :-

• NOC 2242 - Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
  • NOC 2243 - Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
  • NOC 2253 - Drafting technologists and technicians
  • NOC 2282 - User support technicians
  • NOC 2283 - Information systems testing technicians
  • NOC 7201 - Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
  • NOC 7205 - Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
  • NOC 7233 - Sheet metal workers
  • NOC 7242 - Industrial electricians
  • NOC 7271 – Carpenters
  • NOC 7282 - Concrete finishers
  • NOC 7284 - Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
  • NOC 7293 – Insulators
  • NOC 7301 - Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
  • NOC 7303 - Supervisors, printing and related occupations
  • NOC 7305 - Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
  • NOC 7311 - Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
  • NOC 7313 - Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
  • NOC 7314 - Railway carmen/women
That's Bill C19 for ya'll bitches!
No way in hell that you can find ~3500 ppl with these NOCs in the pool with 450+ CRS score. Also, no software engineers? No 3XXX (health care occupations)?

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
No way in hell that you can find ~3500 ppl with these NOCs in the pool with 450+ CRS score. Also, no software engineers? No 3XXX (health care occupations)?
Don't take these NOCs as literally, but you get the point what I mean ;)

I myself am a NOC-2173 with 500+ CRS and been waiting since 1.5 yrs only to receive an ITA. Just an ITA! Canada clearly doesn't want engineers especially soft ones.

Tell me when was the last "fair" draw when they invited the highest-scoring software engineers...?
That's right..! it was eons ago!