+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I read that we need to buy medical insurance for the first few months until we receive the province health card, anybody knows about this?

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
I read that we need to buy medical insurance for the first few months until we receive the province health card, anybody knows about this?
Before the pandemic, yes, some provinces didn't cover your medical insurance until 3 months into your stay, but now, I think that all provinces have medical coverage the moment you become PR ie land and finish the PR process.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Reactions: seadrag0n

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Firstly, congrats on your PPR! I need to know more information about this query. Since you worked with a single company as an independent contractor & received your income from this company...other than the documents mentioned by you above (i.e. reference letter from the company, contract letter with the title "Independent Contractor", salary slips, tax returns, etc.), was there any problem in the application due to the "Independent Contractor" term. Your response will really benefit others.
No problem t all. I applied for my gcms post approval and nothing negative or concerning was noted.

Reactions: gracefu68

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys!

Needs advice regarding Work Experience for FSW.

I have a question regarding the classification of WE.

I have a total of 8 Plus years of WE. In 2 different organizations.

Company A:
Period: Jan 2014 to Jan 2016 --> Designation A
Period: Jan 2016 to Jun 2016 --> Designation B

Company B:
Period: Jul 2016 to Oct 2021 --> Designation A
Period: Oct 2021 to Date (current Job) --> Designation B

I can easily get a reference letter from the second company and it has more than 6 years of experience, which would be more than enough to fetch maximum CRS.

I might get a reference letter from Company A, but it would be extremely difficult and might not even be on IRCC standards.

I put my experience in company B in my EE profile and left the rest to be included in my personal history after ITA, and if needed can be explained in LOE.

is it the right way? or Should I put my total experience in EE profile?

Please advise.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hi guys!

Needs advice regarding Work Experience for FSW.

I have a question regarding the classification of WE.

I have a total of 8 Plus years of WE. In 2 different organizations.

Company A:
Period: Jan 2014 to Jan 2016 --> Designation A
Period: Jan 2016 to Jun 2016 --> Designation B

Company B:
Period: Jul 2016 to Oct 2021 --> Designation A
Period: Oct 2021 to Date (current Job) --> Designation B

I can easily get a reference letter from the second company and it has more than 6 years of experience, which would be more than enough to fetch maximum CRS.

I might get a reference letter from Company A, but it would be extremely difficult and might not even be on IRCC standards.

I put my experience in company B in my EE profile and left the rest to be included in my personal history after ITA, and if needed can be explained in LOE.

is it the right way? or Should I put my total experience in EE profile?

Please advise.
Just Company B in the work section is fine.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys I'm rather worried about the quality of my documents. As I had to shrink those that were more than 4mb in size, they may not be good enough for easy reading, at least I think so. How can I be sure that it wouldn't be a problem?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Guys I'm rather worried about the quality of my documents. As I had to shrink those that were more than 4mb in size, they may not be good enough for easy reading, at least I think so. How can I be sure that it wouldn't be a problem?
Did you have many pages? Most pdfs should be quite readable with ~100KB per page. You might want to try some different conversion tools.

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Like seriously ? You mean the same situation? You were currently working over there,not claiming points for that and mentioned in personal history ?
I did and submitted the letter of experience but one of my employers didn't mention it so IRCC requested ADR for that and I got the new letter from the employer & submitted it.

Reactions: littlestar19

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
It's IRCC's problem if they're asking for limited size doc they're liable to compromise with quality

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
No problem t all. I applied for my gcms post approval and nothing negative or concerning was noted.
Thanks for your prompt response! I have a few more queries so that I can understand this process clearly. I hope you would reply to these.
  1. Does this mean that one can apply for the Canada PR using foreign (non-Canadain) work experience as an "Independent Contractor", provided they have all the required documents (such as the ones you've mentioned in your previous comment on this thread)?
  2. Did you have any issues in obtaining a reference letter from your organisation where you were working as an "Independent Contractor"?
  3. Did you apply as "self-employed" (I think you mentioned in a previous comment that you only claimed points for when you were self-employed via your own company)?
Lastly, I want to present the following situation to you, and will really appreciate your response for this:
A person (working in India) is employed with a certain Indian company as an "Independent Contractor". Unlike freelancers who may work for different clients, this person is working for just one company. The salary is paid by the company which is certain fixed amounts depending on the work done. There is no third party (client) involved here, just the person and the company. There are bank statements, salary slips, Income Tax return (India) statements, etc. to prove that this person is working & receiving a salary from this company.

Would the term "Independent Contractor" be a problem if the person applies for Canada PR? Since the person is not directly contacting clients for work (which is what a freelancer does), this would technically not be a "self-employed person".

There are confusing terms on the Internet, especially the "Self-employed category" part. Would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks again

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for your prompt response! I have a few more queries so that I can understand this process clearly. I hope you would reply to these.
  1. Does this mean that one can apply for the Canada PR using foreign (non-Canadain) work experience as an "Independent Contractor", provided they have all the required documents (such as the ones you've mentioned in your previous comment on this thread)?
  2. Did you have any issues in obtaining a reference letter from your organisation where you were working as an "Independent Contractor"?
  3. Did you apply as "self-employed" (I think you mentioned in a previous comment that you only claimed points for when you were self-employed via your own company)?
Lastly, I want to present the following situation to you, and will really appreciate your response for this:
A person (working in India) is employed with a certain Indian company as an "Independent Contractor". Unlike freelancers who may work for different clients, this person is working for just one company. The salary is paid by the company which is certain fixed amounts depending on the work done. There is no third party (client) involved here, just the person and the company. There are bank statements, salary slips, Income Tax return (India) statements, etc. to prove that this person is working & receiving a salary from this company.

Would the term "Independent Contractor" be a problem if the person applies for Canada PR? Since the person is not directly contacting clients for work (which is what a freelancer does), this would technically not be a "self-employed person".

There are confusing terms on the Internet, especially the "Self-employed category" part. Would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks again
1. Yes.
2.No
3. Yes.

Your situation sounds exactly like mine. As long as you can prove you were doing work related to the NOC you are applying under, you should be fine. Like I said, I had no issues at all and the documents I provided were sufficient.

Good luck.

Reactions: gracefu68

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
1. Yes.
2.No
3. Yes.

Your situation sounds exactly like mine. As long as you can prove you were doing work related to the NOC you are applying under, you should be fine. Like I said, I had no issues at all and the documents I provided were sufficient.

Good luck.
Wow, I've literally been looking out for an answer on this "Independent Contractor" thing, and the varying answers made me so confused! Thanks, I'm so glad you've replied & answered my queries.
Although you were working with this single company as an "independent contractor", you've not claimed points for that? Did you select "self-employed" because you claimed points for your own company?

Lastly, I just want to summarise what I've understood so far (correct me if I'm wrong)....So basically, one should just go ahead and apply with all the valid documentation related to their work (company letter, salary slips, invoices, tax statements, etc.) even if they are an "independent contractor" with a company. In the above situation I've mentioned previously, would the "self-employed" box need to be ticked, although the person isn't self-employed but is being paid by a certain single company?

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hello everyone, quick question please.
I got ADR including schedule A. It says I must fill it out, print and sign with an original signature ( which I’ve done btw)
I’m about to submit all requested docs to my IRCC account but I’ve read in a few places that the form is also supposed to be ‘Validated’ before printing out and signing manually.
I’m a bit confused because after filling the form I didn’t see any validate option. I just saved and printed and signed.
Am I doing something wrong or was that the old process perhaps?

I’d appreciate any answers. Need to submit these things asap. Thanks lol
What is the name of the schedule A document that you received? There are two versions :
eimm5669e.pdf and imm5669e.pdf
The former needs validation and the later does not. For the former, you dont have to print or sign in ink, just filling and validating the sheet will suffice. I recently submitted the eimm5669e.pdf version.