+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
This is the thing both has pros and cons ,no question in that it is all about priorities.

If a person is having high demand skills I don't think canada/US matters atleast about getting a job.pay obviously is higher in USA.(but again health care is a blessing atleast for me the medical I take is 2$ vs 90$ in US .
Housing prices-everyone wants to live in Toronto/Vancouver and obviously there is less supply more demand and crappy zone laws If you go to places other than that it is affordable. Even when I checked Montreal, ottawa it is not bad.Other than Dxdroid I have never heard about someone going to NB,I have not heard about anyone in NFL .I think that is their whole strategy make people spread out.

Obviously Toronto is garbage, I have been there I don't know why people is so much into it.
Look at wonderbly, I think she is in Manitoba I don't think she has any issues.

Obviously economically comparing US and Canada is like comparing apples and oranges canada only has 10% population of US so is the GDP.Obviously more opportunities in US.

This is one thing I don't support in people ,Noone is entitled for anything, if you want to have a good life you have to make sacrifices ,you might have to change careers. You might have to do odd jobs ,that is all the part of the game and I am 100% sure every one in the forum knows it.
I have seen a girl from my country yesterday, according to her white people are racist that is why she is not getting any jobs,I asked her where did she study one diploma college in calgary, with this attitude even I wouldn't give her a job.I think she is a nice person but when hiring for a job people look at skills and attitude.You cab train people for a job but you can't get a person with horrible attitude do a job even if he is extremely skilled.
USA is a great nation no doubt in that ,but now we have taken a decision to move to canada, I read somewhere
When life gives you lemon make lemonade.
FTR, I'm in Regina, SK. If anyone wants to come say hi :cool: .

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
In my 5 yrs stay in us I have never heard about guys being total creep to woman ,trying to follow them,making fights in public places.
The worst I heard in us about indians were unhygienic, cheap,rude,slave,curry smelling but in this 5 years never heard or even seen an Indian creep because too busy with life like visa issues.
Honestly even now I don't face any issues I have friends from different cultures, Mt hobby is reading and usually it doesn't involve much social circles.Even now people who I considered as acquaintance call me txt me from Huston so I think it depends on how you behave to people. If you are trash definitely people are going to treat you like one.
I heard in Europe also indians have a bad reputation that I agree with you ,buy can say atleast in US I have never seen a landlord who is hesitant to rent hone to Indians but in canada I saw it.
Well Pranit, I do agree with your point and appreciate your insight. I'd say all people can do to break the stereotypes is to break it by being different than what the westerners think or expects, as well as try blending in. Mostly people who come on work permits are seen staying in groups of their native while students find it easy to blend in with other cultures.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I thought it was more for preventing overdoses and taking drugs that have been mixed with deadly agents. I didn't know it was for withdrawal.
Might be. What I found strange was that I always thought those places were to take inside, but it seems like they give you some to take home. Because she worked in lab work to test the urine and make sure they were taking the drugs the get. Since some people go there to get drugs to sell.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Had a few questions for any of the members of this forum that have landed fairly recently: @PRANIT01 @ImpatientAlligator @Alysson
1) Did you select "Other" in the ArriveCan app as the reason for travel to Canada?
2) Did you prepare a BSF186 Form or just provide a printout of the goods you are bringing with you to Canada?
3) Was all that was checked at immigration the COPR and PR visa (if applicable)? Were you asked for proof of funds?
Thanks in advance guys.
1) Yes

2) I prepared the BSF186/A forms (the main bsf186 page and 1 additional page of bsf186a for items brought with me; and the rest of the additional bsf186a pages for items to follow). I then photocopied the whole stack. They just asked me to sum up the total value of everything at customs - you can do it at home to fasten the process.

*Make sure you tell the customs checkpoint that you have goods to declare and that you want to get those forms stamped. They just wave people by without properly checking.

3) Just passport and COPR. They didn't ask for proof of funds but just asked how much cash I was carrying - I had 20 bucks :) . If they ask, you should be able to present a recent bank statement or present your account from a mobile app or something.

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Might be. What I found strange was that I always thought those places were to take inside, but it seems like they give you some to take home. Because she worked in lab work to test the urine and make sure they were taking the drugs the get. Since some people go there to get drugs to sell.
Lol, a drug test to check that they ARE taking drugs.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
1) Yes

2) I prepared the BSF186/A forms (the main bsf186 page and 1 additional page of bsf186a for items brought with me; and the rest of the additional bsf186a pages for items to follow). I then photocopied the whole stack. They just asked me to sum up the total value of everything at customs - you can do it at home to fasten the process.

*Make sure you tell the customs checkpoint that you have goods to declare and that you want to get those forms stamped. They just wave people by without properly checking.

3) Just passport and COPR. They didn't ask for proof of funds but just asked how much cash I was carrying - I had 20 bucks :) . If they ask, you should be able to present a recent bank statement or present your account from a mobile app or something.
Cool, I won't be having any goods to follow, so I'll not be filling the goods to follow form, I've donated/sold all my stuff already.