+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't think this matters much. Background status never changed in my profile until a few days before PPR so they wrapped it up in just a few days' time for me. I don't have extensive travel history and I have visited only one country which is not in the west, that could be the reason.
I believe that the background check is the most time consuming process of the whole application.

As soon as that is finished all others follow.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I don't think this matters much. Background status never changed in my profile until a few days before PPR so they wrapped it up in just a few days' time for me. I don't have extensive travel history and I have visited only one country which is not in the west, that could be the reason.
Same to me, background is still showing that is being processed etc. etc. How long did you wait for your COPR. We are waiting since 30th of May, our application went to London Office in UK :D

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I believe that the background check is the most time consuming process of the whole application.

As soon as that is finished all others follow.
In our case background check was the latest to finish for some reason. We were PNP, I do not know if this is any different in terms of processing.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Same to me, background is still showing that is being processed etc. etc. How long did you wait for your COPR. We are waiting since 30th of May, our application went to London Office in UK :D
It took 10 days, my passport was with NDVO for 7 days and 3 days for to and fro shipping. Pretty fast considering NDVO is pretty far from where I live.

Reactions: SaBong and dxdroid

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
Hi everyone, been following for a little while but hardly commented but liked loads of your posts. I just got an email saying "Ready for visa" so i take it my application has been finalised?

I can't really say "finally" because i think my application has gone quite fast. I hope everyone waiting gets good news soon. Please below my timeline:

Joined express entry pool: 05/05/2021
NOI OINP received: 06/10/2021
Submitted: 11/10/2021
Assessment: 28/10/2021
Decision in Progress (DIP): 01/11/2021
Certificate of Nomination/update in EE to accept or decline: 29/11/2021
Accepted OINP: 29/11/2021
However CRS did not get updated with the additional 600 points until end of January 2022 (something to do with an issue with the system)

Main Application
ITA: 02/02/2022
Submitted application/AOR: 07/03/2022
Passed medical: 22/04/2022
Ready for visa email: 24/06/2022

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone, been following for a little while but hardly commented but liked loads of your posts. I just got an email saying "Ready for visa" so i take it my application has been finalised?

I can't really say "finally" because i think my application has gone quite fast. I hope everyone waiting gets good news soon. Please below my timeline:

However CRS did not get updated with the additional 600 points until end of January 2022 (something to do with an issue with the system)

Main Application
Have you considered filing for mandamus?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Main Application
Congrats ! It can't get any faster than that.

PurnimaU

Jun 23, 2022
Hi Guys!
I'm new to this group.

I need some help in my express entry profile.

1. I have an express entry profile created, however I recently applied for visitor visa which is still on-going.
Does this mean I have to select "YES" in the question - " Have you applied to IRCC before"?
If yes, should i also provide UCI generated in my biometrics letter received for visit visa?

2. My husband recently got his study permit and is a dependent in my application.
How do i show this in my EE profile? His education has not yet started so ideally he is not a current student.
How do i update his UCI number in my profile as i see no section for it.

Any guidance around this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Honestly, to me the only thing the US is good for is getting a higher salary. But if a job is your primary source of income, you're never going to make much further beyond "comfortably existing." You are and always will be disposable to a company. You are a number that will easily be replaced. The US is the epitome of that. The entire purpose of a job imo should be to pay the bills and establish other sources that eventually make your job irrelevant. Passion for your job and careers and stuff are all bullshit. Once I understood this, the US lost a lot of its appeal to me.
Just one thing: Remember it works the other way round too. An employer is just a credit line in your account statement. You can also replace them at the drop of the hat.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I totally agree with you,Going to US for you is a totally f**ked up thing.In US as you are an indian you can never leave there peacefully,each time you comeback to the country,each time ,when you loose a job it is a pain.
I wont agree US is going to batshit,I strongly believe US is still the land of oppurtunity,I can tell you it is the only country where you can come with nothing and still have a fair chance of being a millionaire.(only not for indians and chineese)-Not any rocket science but because there banks have a liberal credit system.
About canada,mythoughts as I lived in both the countries
If you want to raise a family and have a peaceful life (canada>>>USA)
If you are trying to be a millionaire and looking for great oppurtunities(USA>>>Canada)
If you want your kids being accepted in the society irrespective of color,race(Canada>>>USA)
Weather(USA>>>Canada)
Jobs(at this point I can say for me USA=Canada)
Pay(USA>>>Canada)
Cost of LIving(again for me as I lived in TX,USA<<<Canada)
Way public officers behave(Canada>>>USA)

I think it is about priorities in life, at this age I prefer canada with my current situations(because I am in the process of starting a family and my nationality )

I can tell you one thing it sucks but once you get in it gets better and ,I think you told me the reason,I forgot it and you are smart ,if you have oppurtunity apply for PNP.
With Canada you can eat your cake and have it too. If you are young, you can go for PR of Canada, 3 years then Citizenship and 2 years to complete the application. In 5 years you can get the citizenship of Canada. If you do this at an age of say 23 years, you will have Canadian passport at 28 years. After that, you can get a work authorization in US very easily. Just have all the letters from your employer in USA, go to border and get your authorization on the same day using NAFTA (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/visas-canadian-mexican-nafta-professional-workers.html).

To perform this type of work in the United States, a visa is not required for a Canadian citizen entering as a NAFTA Professional, although a visa can be issued to qualified Canadian TN visa applicant upon request.

A Canadian citizen without a TN visa can apply for TN nonimmigrant status at a U.S. port-of-entry.
Your profession needs to be on NAFTA list (https://www.nafsa.org/_/file/_/amresource/8cfr2146.htm). Most of useful professions are there.

You will need to manage your tax status in Canada but it is doable as an immigrant because you never had major establishment in Canada in the first place.

I would have taken this path but I hate US treatment of my people in the past and abetting in their genocide so I will never work in USA or pay their government taxes.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Just one thing: Remember it works the other way round too. An employer is just a credit line in your account statement. You can also replace them at the drop of the hat.
Yeah exactly. Always keep interviewing and leave for anyone who offers more money. Pretty simple (though not *easy*)

D

Deleted member 994371

With Canada you can eat your cake and have it too. If you are young, you can go for PR of Canada, 3 years then Citizenship and 2 years to complete the application. In 5 years you can get the citizenship of Canada. If you do this at an age of say 23 years, you will have Canadian passport at 28 years. After that, you can get a work authorization in US very easily. Just have all the letters from your employer in USA, go to border and get your authorization on the same day using NAFTA (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/visas-canadian-mexican-nafta-professional-workers.html).

Your profession needs to be on NAFTA list (https://www.nafsa.org/_/file/_/amresource/8cfr2146.htm). Most of useful professions are there.

You will need to manage your tax status in Canada but it is doable as an immigrant because you never had major establishment in Canada in the first place.

I would have taken this path but I hate US treatment of my people in the past and abetting in their genocide so I will never work in USA or pay their government taxes.

Saar, a small request for you.

I am brewing a new plan and would appreciate it if you could provide your input in any way.

I will be arriving in Canada for 35 days just for completing landing formalities. I will be going back and then applying for jobs, and then hopefully come back with a job in hand.

I will be landing in GTA and completing formalities there. I am hoping to spend about two weeks there. After that, I was thinking of exploring Vancouver and Calgary for a few days each, just to see what those cities are like. My plan is to see the cities and hopefully, when I come back I would know which city is suited for me best.

I work in IT as well, so I think it would be possible for me to land a remote job.

If you were to visit Calgary and Vancouver, what would be the thing you would look for in each city? I guess it depends on the temperament and perspective of a person, but I wanted to know your point of view if you, too, were to do something similar. What would be on your agenda?

I should mention that I have never stepped foot out of my country before. What should I try to take in? Since I don't have anything concrete in my itinerary, I was thinking of visiting a few touristy places and visiting some nature spots (as I am a nature person, and I find being in nature very soothing) in all of the cities. I wish to avoid the hustle and bustle of a city like Delhi. That is my only goal to find a place in Canada.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime