+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I have seen something really wierd about drivers licence, If you are a novice you have to obtain a learners license and be in learners (class 7) for a year,that means I can drive with the help of only a person with license.
My US license expired and I lost it between this mess.I have my Indian license but right after getting the license I left to india ,which means technically I don't have driving experience in india.
Any idea on what to do in this situation?
1 yr after learners (I am really surprised)

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen something really wierd about drivers licence, If you are a novice you have to obtain a learners license and be in learners (class 7) for a year,that means I can drive with the help of only a person with license.
My US license expired and I lost it between this mess.I have my Indian license but right after getting the license I left to india ,which means technically I don't have driving experience in india.

Cant you renew the US license by mailing it in and then surrendering it for Canadian license? My friend had a US license and automatically got Canadian full license. But that was in Ontario. Try taking the license to the authorities to see of they will switch. If that doesn't work out and you don't have any experience on your Indian driving license than there isn't much you can do about it. I know in Ontario if you take driving lessons you only have to wait 8 months and then can get G2 license. Which lets you drive by yourself but not on the highway. Also you get a discount from auto insurance companies for taking such course.

I don't know how it works in Alberta but it shouldn't be much different than Ontario.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Cant you renew the US license by mailing it in and then surrendering it for Canadian license? My friend had a US license and automatically got Canadian full license. But that was in Ontario. Try taking the license to the authorities to see of they will switch. If that doesn't work out and you don't have any experience on your Indian driving license than there isn't much you can do about it. I know in Ontario if you take driving lessons you only have to wait 8 months and then can get G2 license. Which lets you drive by yourself but not on the highway. Also you get a discount from auto insurance companies for taking such course.

I don't know how it works in Alberta but it shouldn't be much different than Ontario.
Yeah, better renew your US license. Your years of experience will help get cheaper insurance. Nobody will consider your indian license for experience or conversion

Aspirant_2020

May 21, 2022
I got ADR (Request letter in my CIC account) for RPRF on 10th May 2022 mentioning "Payment Receipt: Payment Receipt Please pay a total of $1000.00 for Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/17"
I paid RPRF and submitted the payment receipt in my online application file.
Now again I got the same request letter of RPRF on 20th May 2022 mentioning "RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee Please provide a payment receipt for the outstanding fees. This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/27"

Also, please note that the agent code in both the request letters are different.

What should I do now?

Please help.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Don't think you can extend it without a US address. They most likely set the expiry date based on your visa.

1) If you can find your US license, you should be able to exchange it for a full license without any issues (assuming you have 2 years of xp). If you have 1-2 years xp, you'd get the zero alcohol license and and less than 1, you'd get a learner's license. In all these cases, you just need to take an eye exam.

2) If you have an Indian license that is more than a year old, you can self declare 1 year of driving experience in some provinces like Ontario. For more than a year, you would need a DL extract from your RTO in India . In other provinces, you would need a DL extract even for a year. Depending on how much experience you have (how old your license is and whether you have a DL extract), you can get the learners license (less than 1 year xp), zero alcohol license (1 to 2 years xp) or full license (2 years xp) after appropriate driving tests.

Last edited:

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Can you please explain to me what do you mean by "passed" on the 21st ? i mean when you did your visite, the center sent your report to IRCC and then on your profil it showed "passed" on the 21st ? so it has nothing to do with the day you did your visite, but the day when IRCC accepted it ?
I visited the center on the 14th, IRCC let me know that I passed on the 21st (in my profile).

Reactions: sidou

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys, what is your idea about recent news regarding change in express entry policy?do you think that it would be carried into effect from early July?

Last edited:

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Don't think you can extend it without a US address. They most likely set the expiry date based on your visa.

1) If you can find your US license, you should be able to exchange it for a full license without any issues (assuming you have 2 years of xp). If you have 1-2 years xp, you'd get the zero alcohol license and and less than 1, you'd get a learner's license. In all these cases, you just need to take an eye exam.

2) If you have an Indian license that is more than a year old, you can self declare 1 year of driving experience in some provinces like Ontario. For more than a year, you would need a DL extract from your RTO in India . In other provinces, you would need a DL extract even for a year. Depending on how much experience you have (how old your license is and whether you have a DL extract), you can get the learners license (less than 1 year xp), zero alcohol license (1 to 2 years xp) or full license (2 years xp) after appropriate driving tests.
Wow even getting a driver's license is tough in Canada forget about job .

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Yeah sure, agree. But damn many places where I can find a job in Europe are utterly boring!!!! Nordic, Germany.. good career, good salary but I don’t want to get bored to death, I am still young, I want to have fun! (and Nordic weather suuuck, you are stuck at the house for months because of the immense rain and wind)
Australia is my dream because of the work-life balance, loads of paid holiday days, excellent weather, good salary. But there is like zero amount of work for me except defense where you need AUS citizenship first.
I need to get into IT…..
After COVID, lot of companies are looking for onshore applicants rather than offshore.
You can still try to come onshore and apply for jobs once you are here. It’s a long shot but worth a try.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Throw the Indian License away, bro. Its of no use. If you had US license, you could have surrendered it and got an Canadian License.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

You need address proof, immigration docs for renewing US license. So its not at all possible for @PRANIT01 to renew his US license.

Reactions: PRANIT01

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Throw the Indian License away, bro. Its of no use. If you had US license, you could have surrendered it and got an Canadian License.
If he has lost his US license, his 2+ year old Indian license(and DL extract) would help him get a full license with a single road test right away.

Reactions: RSub