+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Understand your pain, however your case has "covid" reason attached to it. No one had predicted such a world. My point was, in normal circumstances, where there are no reasons out of control of individuals, if one meets RO, I dont see PRTD being rejected.
Your point is valid and the assumption of meeting RO is statistically a good one. What I’m offering is “no, the gov will not accommodate when things go out of control, so weigh the risk before taking the assumption”. If the risk is too much then forget about statistics.

Reactions: CNP

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Guys, how much should I be worried about the NOC specific draws? I learned French just for EE so I am sure I will get through in the normal program because of the bonus points. However, if there are NOC specific draws then I guess the only thing that would matter is your past work experience field. I worked as an accountant from 2015-2016 just because I knew that it would qualify me for EE, even though I disliked doing accounts. But I pushed through it! Now all this talk about NOC specific draws is raising my anxiety levels. Any comments/opinions?

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
You must be a stellar dumbass to not realize it's not me making up the typical rent in GTA or your impending unemployment. Somehow it's always some brilliant foreigner haven't set foot on Canada's soil knowing far more than I do. I'm really curious how you guys do that.
Urgh. I actually studied in Canada before the Express Entry program started you retard. So I probably know more about the country than you do. Just because you failed to make it in Canada doesn't mean that I am a GTA dwelling rat who will pay 2k plus in rent. Assuming too much? Kindly go and take your frustrations out somewhere else instead of polluting online communities for people.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Urgh. I actually studied in Canada before the Express Entry program started you retard. So I probably know more about the country than you do. Just because you failed to make it in Canada doesn't mean that I am a GTA dwelling rat who will pay 2k plus in rent. Assuming too much? Kindly go and take your frustrations out on somewhere else instead of polluting online communities for people.
No you're definitely not a GTA dweller paying 2k+ on rent if after your early history in Canada you're still here asking for basic stuff and failing to get a PR, you're one of the 5 tenants shitting on the same toilet because you can only afford to pay ~$800 per month and that only gets you a small room and shared toilet.

I only see your frustration, can't handle the truth like many others. Take a guess, how many foreign accountants do you think there are in Canada speaking exactly like you with that thick foreign accent? That'll tell you about your prospects in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys, how much should I be worried about the NOC specific draws? I learned French just for EE so I am sure I will get through in the normal program because of the bonus points. However, if there are NOC specific draws then I guess the only thing that would matter is your past work experience field. I worked as an accountant from 2015-2016 just because I knew that it would qualify me for EE, even though I disliked doing accounts. But I pushed through it! Now all this talk about NOC specific draws is raising my anxiety levels. Any comments/opinions?
Any response you're going to get right now will be guesses. The short answer is that we don't know the details of what's going to happen and you'll have to wait until any new rules are announced to know for sure.

It's certainly possible they are going to revert to the NOC specific pre-EE style approach. If that's the case, the NOCs that are on the list will be those where there is demand in Canada but insufficient talent.

There's really no way to say.

Reactions: wonderbly

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
No you're definitely not a GTA dweller paying 2k+ on rent if after your early history in Canada you're still here asking for basic stuff and failing to get a PR, you're one of the 5 tenants shitting on the same toilet because you can only afford to pay ~$800 per month and that only gets you a small room and shared toilet.

I only see your frustration, can't handle the truth like many others. Take a guess, how many foreign accountants do you think there are in Canada speaking exactly like you with that thick foreign accent? That'll tell you about your prospects in Canada.
Wow you're mentally ill dude. Get some help. I am not going to live in GTA, and probably not even in Ontario. So the fact that you're assuming this about a typical immigrant already make you seem insane.

I see you were whinning about failing to find a job in Canada and now you're shitting on others because you failed. Why not pull yourself up from the dirt and try to make a living. If you can't then you can simply leave Canada and leave this online community instead of polluting this forum for applicants who are asking genuine questions about their future in Canada. I would feel sad for you if you weren't acting like a crazed maniac.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Any response you're going to get right now will be guesses. The short answer is that we don't know the details of what's going to happen and you'll have to wait until any new rules are announced to know for sure.

It's certainly possible they are going to revert to the NOC specific pre-EE style approach. If that's the case, the NOCs that are on the list will be those where there is demand in Canada but insufficient talent.

There's really no way to say.
Thanks for your genuine answer. Let's hope for the best!

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Bro,
1. you cannot enter Canada on a PR card that you did not exit with. You need to get a PRTD.
2. Get SIN in the couple of days? Your optimism is admirable :D :D :D .
I needed to change my SIN from temp to permanent,. I called in March to book. The earliest appointment I could get is in June and they are not taking walk-ins. Only other option was to apply online which takes min 20 days. That is your best bet. If you already have your COPR, you can apply whilst outland, and give your friend's address.
I actually got my sin the day I arrived. Stood outside 3 hours in the cold though.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
@stirredo Personally I would not take any chances with soft landing or PRTD. Being rejected of some country’s equivalent of PRTD is one critical reason that I came to this forum (or my 2nd immigration process) in the first place. (I did find wonderful people and memes here, but still)

I have multiple close family members in that country. And I was sponsoring my spouse to get PR there. Yet officers reviewing my PRTD-equivalent said I didn’t intend to live there lol. Oh wow.

Alas, that was the past. The moral is don’t take these chances unless you absolutely have to. I took it to be with my spouse and got screwed by covid. A certificate IMO is never worth it, be it CPA or AWS or PMP. Nobel Prize, now we are talking :D
Canada is much more lenient on people who are not intending to live there. So much they only require 2 years out of 5 to remain with PR. Unlike US that requires proof that you actually intend to reside in the country. People do soft landing for Canada constantly.

Last edited:

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Kangaroo reporting with first-hand experience in AB on a PR:

Applied to ~40 engineering jobs, zero interviews. The lowest my experience matched the role I applied to was maybe 75-80 percent. A good portion with +90% match.

About me: Several years of experience and accredited degrees in what I'm applying for, white, no language issues.

Although of course I'm quite upset, I'm not surprised. AB in particular has an even worse job market than the shitty market in the rest of Canada. There's a fake image of "Canadian standards" in STEM and as a new immigrant they think you don't match up. What's funny is Canada is a country that can't produce as much technology compared to the US and the EU, yet Canadian employers think they know their shit more than those who worked at much bigger companies in much bigger projects. My resume is like all stars but it doesn't matter, it's not relevant in Canada.

The only way to find a job is 1. be in compsci/software/IT 2. apply to a shit ton of jobs since those jobs get 20-50 applications a day (especially so if remote)

If you're not in compsci/software/IT, you gotta move to Toronto or Montreal as there are more jobs but then again, you're gonna be hitting into the "Canadian standards" wall. Plus you'll be paying $2000/mo on a 400sqft cave.

I should add that it's pathetic how many people stole my forum name...
I actually thought of going to Alberta, but outside their niche market, it’s really difficult to start there. I don’t understand why they invited so many engineers if there are no jobs. Do they expect those engineers to arrive and start a company, where it will take years to get your professional engineering license? That coupled with the fact Canada HR treats everyone without Canadian experience with eww.

Reactions: Yodm

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
You’ll get a PR due to French. Francophone immigration outside of Quebec is up there with NOC draws in terms of priorities. They will probably do something to accommodate those who know French.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I actually thought of going to Alberta, but outside their niche market, it’s really difficult to start there. I don’t understand why they invited so many engineers if there are no jobs. Do they expect those engineers to arrive and start a company, where it will take years to get your professional engineering license? That coupled with the fact Canada HR treats everyone without Canadian experience with eww.
Agreed. For a difficult start, AB isn't different than any other province except ON and QC for engineers (and literally every other STEM that's not compsci/software/IT). In fact, if you're in energy, chem, mining, petroleum, there are actually many jobs but it's still a joke because of the "eww" you mentioned. It didn't surprise me though, after seeing my Canadian born friends all terrified of the job hunt. So yeah it's just shit overall.

I mean sure I can go to ON or QC but QC ain't Canada and ON is an immigrant hell and literally a downgrade from my home country so yeah nah.

I gotta tell you though, housing in AB is a fucking dream man I'm loving it after Van.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Canada is much more lenient on people who are not intending to live there. So much they only require 2 years out of 5 to remain with PR. Unlike US that requires proof that you actually intend to reside in the country. People do soft landing for Canada constantly.
That’s good to know. Still the traumatized part of me will go for citizenship as soon as I could just to make sure of never needing a 3rd immigration process. Life is too short for that ;)

Reactions: OneStepAtATime