FSW WORLDWIDE

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Maybe I am wrong, But I noticed a trend that people who are getting just remedical requests are not getting Passport requests . Where as people who are getting Remedicals with Adrs are getting passport requests sooner or later ie their files are actively being worked on. Its just a guess but who knows ??
Can people weigh-in on this observation? Have you noticed a similar pattern? TIA.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I am not going to come back to my home country anytime soon.
My question is, i can travel carrying two passport one expired but having valid visa and another new passport without visa.
I dont need to send my new passport for stamping again right??
Just travel before your passport expires. Then request a new passport at the consulate in Canada. There is no reason to request a new passport now.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
@wonderbly - I am having second thoughts about Saskatoon. Everyone is warning against going to Saskatoon in winters. I have till April next year to land and everyone is saying I should wait till February-march next year to land. Do you agree?

Will life be hard if I travel by bus in Saskatoon?
Isn’t right now the best time to travel? Spring? Since it should warm up now? Windsor is 30 degrees here for example and will remain hot for a while.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Isn’t right now the best time to travel? Spring? Since it should warm up now? Windsor is 30 degrees here for example and will remain hot for a while.
yeah @stirredo spring/summer will be the best time to travel but I guess your plan doesn't quite fit into that. If you have to wait till next year, I'd suggest as close to April as you possibly can. The winter is worst in Dec - Feb.

@Alysson we are at maximum 18 degrees today and we are on top of the world happy :D. Had to pack swimming trunks for the kids for school, they are so excited to finally swim :D .

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it show that all the documents have been transmitted? If yes, then I too received this message for 12 hours until it changed to "Not applicable". For some it changes to We are review the document you have submitted or something similar.

Wait 24 hours and then call IRCC to check if they have received the documents. Tell them about the message.
Thanks! it says transmitted but no change in status. I will wait for 24hrs like you said and give them a call tomorrow to check if they received it

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
@wonderbly - I am having second thoughts about Saskatoon. Everyone is warning against going to Saskatoon in winters. I have till April next year to land and everyone is saying I should wait till February-march next year to land. Do you agree?

Also, to be frank Feb is the worst month to Travel in this region. It snows throughout the region. March is colder too. Proper summer starts from Mid May which is this week. I am surpirsed someone asked you to wait till march when the right to travel is right now.

Reactions: Alysson

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Are you in Windsor now? How is the place in terms of transportation and rental housing?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Are you in Windsor now? How is the place in terms of transportation and rental housing?
There are buses but they are only in Windsor. They won’t reach neighboring cities very often, there is like one line that will go to other cities, but haven’t used them yet. There are 2 main lines for buses at northern Windsor and a few deriving lines that will go south. They say south is better to live, but if you plan on using buses it might suck. I rented a studio since it was easier and I’m on my own. They didn’t ask much. There are several apartments in the city to rent, but most want rental history, some ask for credit check, 3 months payslip and things like that. For a newcomer it might be more challenging to find a place without rental history in Canada. One apartment I viewed, didn’t really care about my history in the US, they just wanted history in Canada. There are a lot of postings in Kijiji for rentals here. Oh, and buses don’t run late on sundays. Found that the hard way since I moved here May 1st which was a Sunday and needed to buy some stuff. Had to Uber back from Walmart.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
If you plan on using bus frequently, you should go get a bus card as soon as you get here. They have a ride card and a day card. The ride card has a minimum of 5 rides, each gives you 2 hour transfer(you can take multiple buses using one ride for 2 hours). The day card has a minimum of 15 days, where you can use the bus as much as you want for 15/30 days. Without the card buses accept exact change. It’s $3.15, they only accept coins and if you pay over, you won’t be getting change back lol. You get a 2 hour transfer that way as well. If you have a car in Michigan you should probably bring it over. You can use a U.S. registered car here for a few months and I hardly see traffic here. It makes things a bit easier initially if you have a car.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Hi All. Got remed request today but address and phone no. mentioned on the form is my brother's who I added as a representive a few months ago. What should I do ? Does it matter ?

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi All. Got remed request today but address and phone no. mentioned on the form is my brother's who I added as a representive a few months ago. What should I do ? Does it matter ?
Is it the primary address? There should be two addresses with the representative listed as the secondary address. Else, raise a webform or call them to clear it up.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Is it the primary address? There should be two addresses with the representative listed as the secondary address. Else, raise a webform or call them to clear it up.
Only one mentioned..#(@*#&£&&£*#*#
Finally an update after 17 months and that too brings more pain...

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Screw Saskcartoon. Come Downtown Toronto and live in a shoebox apt like me. Space is small, but everything else is great