+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Dont mean to upset anyone but it seems like for a change IRCC might consider canceling all the applications to clear the backlog....Cruel and not surprising but atleast it gives us some certainty.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/opinion/contributors/2022/04/10/the-treatment-of-newcomers-under-canadas-immigration-system-is-frankly-appalling.html?fbclid=IwAR0oHtKcQ9AxjZHYBa7ENivXNYJSLCKmkR9VqkMEM0ob56wRhN3NvxFTOU4

"A solution the government has hinted is under consideration is simply wiping out the waiting list, a tactic used by the Harper government...."

D

Deleted member 1083629

Seems like for a change IRCC might consider canceling all the applications to clear the backlog....Cruel and not surprising but atleast it gives us some certainty.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/opinion/contributors/2022/04/10/the-treatment-of-newcomers-under-canadas-immigration-system-is-frankly-appalling.html?fbclid=IwAR0oHtKcQ9AxjZHYBa7ENivXNYJSLCKmkR9VqkMEM0ob56wRhN3NvxFTOU4

"A solution the government has hinted is under consideration is simply wiping out the waiting list, a tactic used by the Harper government...."
Discussion of cancelling apps has happened here many time over and over again. They are not cancelling jack.

The continuation of your bolded statement:
"But it is unacceptably cruel to those who have in good faith waited years through this process. Not incidentally, it would be a savage blow to Canada’s reputation as a fair and competent manager of a successful immigration system."

D

Deleted member 1083629

Seems like for a change IRCC might consider canceling all the applications to clear the backlog....Cruel and not surprising but atleast it gives us some certainty.

Also, I cannot remember a single time they "hinted" about cancelling apps. Fraser himself said that back in January. Imagine the international image when minister of immigration says one thing and then does a complete opposite couple of months later.

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Discussion of cancelling apps has happened here many time over and over again. They are not cancelling jack.

The continuation of your bolded statement:
"But it is unacceptably cruel to those who have in good faith waited years through this process. Not incidentally, it would be a savage blow to Canada’s reputation as a fair and competent manager of a successful immigration system."
history has taught us that IRCC releases information or their plans to their clients through immigration lawyers, CICNews and online news.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Meh. By this logic, Canada & Australia doling out PRs should have been the beginning of the end for the US, and that hasn't happened.

Chances are the US will continue to attract the cream of the crop - for these folks, the 3 months they're given after graduation is usually plenty of time to find a job. While green cards may be a pain, it's easier to make top dollar in the US, there are far more jobs and you're more likely to have a higher standard of living than in Canada or the UK. The ones who don't find a job in 3 months usually attended sub-par universities, studied something worthless or the market didn't deem them competitive w.r.t their peers.

Back in the day, most folks who went to the UK to study did so because all they had to write was the IELTS (not the GRE) and it was easier to get into a program. Chances are the same bottom feeders will jump at this opportunity, setting UK up to be another country where a large number of immigrants are under employed or where they blow 2-3 yrs of additional living expenses before returning home.
I assume you mean the new pathway for top 50 graduates, correct? Lambda college graduates cannot spell their own names without mistakes; yet you assume they will be eligible under this program lol

D

Deleted member 1083629

history has taught us that IRCC releases information or their plans to their clients through immigration lawyers, CICNews and online news.
Sure. Yet, I don't remember a single piece of information where they actually considered cancelling applications. Plus, what applications you think they should cancel? 1.8 million are not EE applications (FSW is around 50K plus/minus). Temporary visas? They will apply again. Family class? Apply again.

So, which ones? :)

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Also, I cannot remember a single time they "hinted" about cancelling apps. Fraser himself said that back in January. Imagine the international image when minister of immigration says one thing and then does a complete opposite couple of months later.
Well he might just get a promotion like Marco for making the headache-inducing problem go away. i dont remember reading or hearing about his govt cancelling apps myself however this writer makes a very bold assertion. He/she/it/they might just know something yet to be announced. Anyway Im prepared for anything

D

Deleted member 1083629

Well he might just get a promotion like Marco for making the headache-inducing problem go away. i dont remember reading or hearing about his govt cancelling apps myself however this writer makes a very bold assertion. He/she/it/they might just know something yet to be announced. Anyway Im prepared for anything
Again, how does cancelling apps will make a problem go away? 1.8 millions include temporary visas (people will just reapply), family class (just reapply), refugees (damn, that's going to be fun to cancel).

Maybe, just maybe, that journalist makes a bold statement to get clicks/shares. I know not like journalists talking out of the bottom to get attention HAS EVER happened before but just a thought )))

disojah503

Apr 6, 2022
If you don't mind, could anyone please help me with my dilemma?
Summary of my case:
  • FSW - Outland. AOR - 12th December 2020. Recently I got and completed the re-medical request on 21st March 2022.
  • I received an offer for the UBC Master of Data Science program with a program start date of 31st August.
Queries:
  1. Do you think it is wise to wait for PR? Is it useful to raise a web form attaching the offer letter and requesting IRCC to expedite my case? Or should I apply for a student visa?
  2. Is there an increased risk of visa refusal since I already have an active PR application? I've read that even if dual intent is a legit circumstance, it is extremely rare to get an approval. Is this true? Should I decline my opportunity at UBC?

nadiao

Jan 29, 2022
If you don't mind, could anyone please help me with my dilemma?
Summary of my case:
  • FSW - Outland. AOR - 12th December 2020. Recently I got and completed the re-medical request on 21st March 2022.
  • I received an offer for the UBC Master of Data Science program with a program start date of 31st August.
Queries:
  1. Do you think it is wise to wait for PR? Is it useful to raise a web form attaching the offer letter and requesting IRCC to expedite my case? Or should I apply for a student visa?
  2. Is there an increased risk of visa refusal since I already have an active PR application? I've read that even if dual intent is a legit circumstance, it is extremely rare to get an approval. Is this true? Should I decline my opportunity at UBC?
1. they give no damn to applicants' circumstances and I bet on my cat's balls no FSW case can be expedited
2. yeah applying for a student visa while having PR case in progress would be a red flag for a visa officer, high risk of rejection

Summing up, I advise waiting for your case to be processed. Backlog seems to be set to zero by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: disojah503

Arod

May 15, 2017
While green cards may be a pain, it's easier to make top dollar in the US, there are far more jobs and you're more likely to have a higher standard of living than in Canada or the UK.
I doubt it, the standard of living has dropped significantly in the US the last few decades.

American cities are filled with homeless, their crime levels have exponentially risen the last few years and in some cases are comparable to Latin American cities, political discourse has become so toxic that half the people hate the other half, the wealth gap widens every year, etc.

It's still a good country though, and if you compare it to less developed nations in Asia and Africa it's in a much better position, but their standard of living is not all that. Just look at all social index and quality of life rankings where it's not even in the top ten countries.

As a friend of mine says:

"America is like the guy that won the lottery or the rapper with money. While they are elevated in the same economic class as rich Wall Street guru, Fortune 500 CEO, they typically have a ghetto mindset and more likely to go broke in a few years."

Reactions: ImpatientAlligator

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I doubt it, the standard of living has dropped significantly in the US the last few decades.

American cities are filled with homeless, their crime levels have exponentially risen the last few years and in some cases are comparable to Latin American cities, political discourse has become so toxic that half the people hate the other half, the wealth gap widens every year, etc.

It's still a good country though, and if you compare it to less developed nations in Asia and Africa it's in a much better position, but their standard of living is not all that. Just look at all social index and quality of life rankings where it's not even in the top ten countries.

As a friend of mine says:

"America is like the guy that won the lottery or the rapper with money. While they are elevated in the same economic class as rich Wall Street guru, Fortune 500 CEO, they typically have a ghetto mindset and more likely to go broke in a few years."
Make lots of monies in America, (semi)retire in Mediterranean Europe. That's the best path.

Reactions: Alysson