+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

I was worried to death about passing eligibility as my applications had so many inconsistencies and red flags I wondered if I was going to get into trouble. Initially, I went to a consultant who fucked up my applications by putting in the wrong info about my employment and submitted the application. I received ITA before I even had a chance to correct them. I had to decline the first ITA and resubmit my application again with concerns about the proof of employment as the previous 2 companies where I had worked had shut down and there wasn't a significant online presence of those companies either. My employment letter barely matched 50% of the NOC job duties. But I somehow managed to pass the eligibility.
Our biggest problems are sometimes those which we don't often think about.
Interesting. As of right now, I don't expect to get an ITA so this isn't really bothering me much. But I have some contingencies (letter from my manager, W2 with the same address as the one mentioned on the employment letter, my contract letter at the time of hiring). Hopefully I have enough supplemental info that it won't be an issue.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I will have my immediate manager also write me a letter, but he doesn't work in that company anymore so his word isn't worth much.
OINP asks for the manager's employment documents to prove that they worked in the organization if you submit a manager's letter, not sure if IRCC will ask that.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Someone from the contracting agency that hired me. I am aware you need an email and a phone number. They didn't provide their email, but provided a general company phone number that nobody picks up. I will have my immediate manager also write me a letter, but he doesn't work in that company anymore so his word isn't worth much.
Don't worry too much about passing the eligibility. Just do your best to get all the necessary documents and if IRCC wants to verify something, they will ask you for additional documents. I'm sure you can provide additional documents as proof of employment

D

Deleted member 1006777

OINP asks for the manager's employment documents to prove that they worked in the organization if you submit a manager's letter, not sure if IRCC will ask that.
That's interesting. Any idea what specifically counts as my manager's employment documents? I might be able to convince him to get me copies of those.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Interesting. As of right now, I don't expect to get an ITA so this isn't really bothering me much. But I have some contingencies (letter from my manager, W2 with the same address as the one mentioned on the employment letter, my contract letter at the time of hiring). Hopefully I have enough supplemental info that it won't be an issue.
I think it's better to submit only what is required. I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Provided what was asked and prepared for any contingency that might have occurred in the future.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I think it's better to submit only what is required. I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Provided what was asked and prepared for any contingency that might have occurred in the future.
Yeah I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. They're also notorious for rejecting applications without reason, so I don't know what I'll actually end up doing. I will definitely have a LOE explaining the situation.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Correct, OINP sends ADR for stuff like this, maybe IRCC will also do the same. One time, OINP sent an ADR to an applicant from India specifically asking for Form 16 which is the final tax document given by an employer in India to file tax returns, I was shocked to learn that OINP knows what a Form 16 even is.

D

Deleted member 1050918

NOC 2148, very difficult to match work responsibilities to 70% of the text when all of it is 3 lines. Plus the reference letter I got doesn't include contact info of the person from the contracting agency that hired me, and they've stopped responding to my emails/inmails etc so I have no way of fixing it. So even if IRCC were to call/email them, they wouldn't respond. I was paid by direct deposit, and I don't have pay slips, so that's even less proof of employment I can provide. My manager doesn't work for that company anymore so I can't even ask him directly. Fun stuff.
The 70% thing is absurdly general. In engineering NOCs you literally start at 50-60% because of the diversity in these fields.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Calling post AOR guru's for help:

So I submitted my EE app today and got the AOR. Now when I visit my app and take a look at the docs I submitted, it doesn't show my LOE. Is this a bug because I did indeed uploaded my LOE?

I get a blank list like below

Reactions: dankboi

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calling post AOR guru's for help:

So I submitted my EE app today and got the AOR. Now when I visit my app and take a look at the docs I submitted, it doesn't show my LOE. Is this a bug because I did indeed uploaded my LOE?

I get a blank list like below

This happens, just clear cache and try again. Best solution is to use Edge browser.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I agree with Mr. Kangaroo. We are a failure of a country with no STEM jobs. Most of us are unskilled and do manual labour over here. We do not have any industries as well. You would be wasting your time over here. Why do you want to come here???

Plus, it's very cold and majority of us are idiots for electing Justin Trudeau. I would suggest all prospective immigrants to look somewhere else. US is the best option since you can make more money and have better opportunities, and if that isn't working out, Europe, Australia and New Zealand are the best places to be. For the time being, let us Canadians, fix our failure of a country first and when we reach the same level as the above mentioned countries, you guys can consider our country as an option.
I'm not sure how much of what ImpatientKangaroo said is true regarding the STEM job prospects in Canada but the majority of us applying for PR in Canada because it's convenient, cheap, and quick to get citizenship which is not as easy with the above-mentioned countries. A lot of highly skilled people use Canada as an avenue to move to other better countries.

D

Deleted member 1050918

This happens, just clear cache and try again. Best solution is to use Edge browser.
Didn't work. It's so funny; I sent a tech issue message and for a moment it showed an entirely different submitted docs list which did have my LOE but then it disappeared again when I went back to the main page. It's 2022 and Canada can't even code simple webpages lol.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I'm not sure how much of what ImpatientKangaroo said is true regarding the STEM job prospects in Canada but the majority of us applying for PR in Canada because it's convenient, cheap, and quick to get citizenship which is not as easy with the above-mentioned countries. A lot of highly skilled people use Canada as an avenue to move to other better countries.