+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
NOC 2148, very difficult to match work responsibilities to 70% of the text when all of it is 3 lines. Plus the reference letter I got doesn't include contact info of the person from the contracting agency that hired me, and they've stopped responding to my emails/inmails etc so I have no way of fixing it. So even if IRCC were to call/email them, they wouldn't respond. I was paid by direct deposit, and I don't have pay slips, so that's even less proof of employment I can provide. My manager doesn't work for that company anymore so I can't even ask him directly. Fun stuff.
Who signed your reference letter? Phone number and email id are mandatory in the reference letter.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
NOC 2148, very difficult to match work responsibilities to 70% of the text when all of it is 3 lines. Plus the reference letter I got doesn't include contact info of the person from the contracting agency that hired me, and they've stopped responding to my emails/inmails etc so I have no way of fixing it. So even if IRCC were to call/email them, they wouldn't respond. I was paid by direct deposit, and I don't have pay slips, so that's even less proof of employment I can provide. My manager doesn't work for that company anymore so I can't even ask him directly. Fun stuff.
Who signed your reference letter? Phone number and email id are mandatory in the reference letter.
LOE works? there should be some thread relating to the exact situation in our forum, @mushymush do you have another work experience of minimum 1 year to be eligible for fsw? then even if they treat those exp that can't be verified using the references, still your score will be above the cutoffs, so i guess you will be safe

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I was worried to death about passing eligibility as my applications had so many inconsistencies and red flags I wondered if I was going to get into trouble. Initially, I went to a consultant who fucked up my applications by putting in the wrong info about my employment and submitted the application. I received ITA before I even had a chance to correct them. I had to decline the first ITA and resubmit my application again with concerns about the proof of employment as the previous 2 companies where I had worked had shut down and there wasn't a significant online presence of those companies either. My employment letter barely matched 50% of the NOC job duties. But I somehow managed to pass the eligibility.
Our biggest problems are sometimes those which we don't often think about.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I was worried to death about passing eligibility as my applications had so many inconsistencies and red flags I wondered if I was going to get into trouble. Initially, I went to a consultant who fucked up my applications by putting in the wrong info about my employment and submitted the application. I received ITA before I even had a chance to correct them. I had to decline the first ITA and resubmit my application again with concerns about the proof of employment as the previous 2 companies where I had worked had shut down and there wasn't a significant online presence of those companies either. My employment letter barely matched 50% of the NOC job duties. But I somehow managed to pass the eligibility.
Our biggest problems are sometimes those which we don't often think about.
how was the work exp verified? guess the eligibility check phase gives more anxiety than the long wait

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
LOE works? there should be some thread relating to the exact situation in our forum, @mushymush do you have another work experience of minimum 1 year to be eligible for fsw? then even if they treat those exp that can't be verified using the references, still your score will be above the cutoffs, so i guess you will be safe
The idea is if your reference letter is missing any of the required details, then you need to provide additional supporting documents to add the missing information and explain this in LOE. If some of the mandatory details are missing outright even in supporting documents, then there is a high chance that the agent will put your eligibility in review required which will be very bad. Review required for work experience is the worst thing ever.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
how was the work exp verified? guess the eligibility check phase gives more anxiety than the long wait
I'm not sure how they verified it. Online search on google did bring up some results but any attempt to contact those numbers wouldn't have worked. I feel like its a miracle that I passed the eligibility. It's like the agent looked at my reference letters and didn't even bother to verify them

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
The idea is if your reference letter is missing any of the required details, then you need to provide additional supporting documents to add the missing information and explain this in LOE. If some of the mandatory details are missing outright even in supporting documents, then there is a high chance that the agent will put your eligibility in review required which will be very bad. Review required for work experience is the worst thing ever.
what are the cases where the eligibility can be kept for review ?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I'm not sure how they verified it. Online search on google did bring up some results but any attempt to contact those numbers wouldn't have worked. I feel like its a miracle that I passed the eligibility. It's like the agent looked at my reference letters and didn't even bother to verify them
whoa you sure ircc didn't contact the employer via telephone / email ?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
whoa you sure ircc didn't contact the employer via telephone / email ?
No pretty sure they didn't as the numbers on the reference letters weren't active at the time of submitting the app

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Maybe they use third party companies like HireRight?
Open source searches (social media, LinkedIn, etc) and 3rd party organizations. Some officers are more rigorous than others, based on their experience. I know of a few applicants where they tracked down and contacted their previous employers, despite those places of work having shut down many years before.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Someone from the contracting agency that hired me. I am aware you need an email and a phone number. They didn't provide their email, but provided a general company phone number that nobody picks up. I will have my immediate manager also write me a letter, but he doesn't work in that company anymore so his word isn't worth much.

D

Deleted member 1006777

No unfortunately I have been working for an early stage startup (no funding or papertrail of employment there) so on paper it looks like I've been unemployed since that first 1.5 year exp mark.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Guys these cheap 1-year degrees, especially for someone who is already holding a Master's degree, how would they affect the visa issue? People with way better profiles were denied a study visa, so my big big concern over such degrees is I won't make it in the visa step. Any thoughts?
I have applied for my spouse's Study Permit in past (you can check in my past posts). What I found to be true was this :
1. Applying from inside Canada for SP is easier.
2. If you are doing a qualification it should be at a level at-least same as your current degree.
3. If you are applying with a higher age, better have an explanation of why are you doing that.

Reactions: KojiGold