+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
This morning I saw my portal status change to Application updated. Nothing changed except -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Thoughts? Is this auto-generated or someone is working on the application?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
This morning I saw my portal status change to Application updated. Nothing changed except -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Thoughts? Is this auto-generated or someone is working on the application?
This auto-generated message, typically changes when your medicals are expired. You will medicals passed again or re-medicals request once someone works on your profile.

YvTT

Oct 21, 2021
Hello to all... I am a new participant in the forum with an express entry profil of 495 CRS. I have been asking myself which town is the best and financially afordable to settle. I heard Toronto is a very expensive City; i need your advices please coz i don't have any family there

You see, i am seeing myself there despite everything, things will be better soon, just be patient and hopeful

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello to all... I am a new participant in the forum with an express entry profil of 495 CRS. I have been asking myself which town is the best and financially afordable to settle. I heard Toronto is a very expensive City; i need your advices please coz i don't have any family there

You see, i am seeing myself there despite everything, things will be better soon, just be patient and hopeful
Alberta, Calgary, maybe Montreal are on the affordable side.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020

It's not an easy answer. You will need to think about -

1. Salary difference
2. Your personal spending habits
3. What you like to do daily?
4. How far is your work commute?
5. What kind of people you want to be around?
6. What language you are comfortable with?
7. What kind of lifestyle you have?

Cheap or expensive is very subjective. Personally, I would stay in New York (spent 3 years) compared to Texas (stayed for a year). Ask yourself, where would you enjoy the most. A little recomposition in your budget can make you much happier than staying in a cheaper place thinking that you will save a lot of money. Your mental health will help you the most in being satisfied in a foreign country. I am staying in vancouver right now, and paying almost same as NY for my rent; but am loving it. I have visited Calgary, Edmonton, Quebec City, Montreal, and some other cities where cost of living is less but i couldn't see myself starting a life in those places. Understand the geography, job opportunities, immigrant sentiments, things to do instead of only relying on cost of living.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 1050918

Ontario plans to remove canadian experience requirements from licensing in regulated jobs.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-to-make-it-easier-for-immigrants-to-work-in-their-professions-1.5632180
BC did this some time ago with EGBC. They had 32 key competencies before with the additional requirement of 1+ years of Canadian experience; then they removed the physical Canadian experience requirement and selected some of the 32 key competencies as comparable to it. Hope all of Canada realizes that laws of physics work the same everywhere in our universe and most of the immigrant engineers they invite actually know far more about engineering than those in Canada - since Canada doesn't produce much.