+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Nah this isn't about afghans. Really, Canada's job market is hilarious. The country can't even produce or build anything significant and all the money comes just from digging out what's beneath the ground and selling it, yet they go "do you have canadian experience?". Bitch we produce actual technology where I'm from and you buy it so you're gonna learn from me not the other way around.
and in the next decade countries are moving towards zero fossil fuel schemes

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Even with a PR you won't "quickly get to work" in Canada. Go look that up; it'll most likely take you 6-12 months AFTER PR to find a somewhat decent job. You know this is perhaps the biggest lie in the whole Canadian skilled immigration thing. Canada does NOT need skilled professionals (not as many as they accept), but makes it look like it to turn the wheels of its economy.
Canada has insane amount of IT job openings right now! I get messages from recruiters all the time and my wife got a job in 10 days. If you are in IT field, it's not that hard. I am unaware of other sectors.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
You cannot change the email. If you no longer need the representative, you can remove the representative from your application by submitting the use of representative form and asking to remove him/her https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf

Once done, you can then transfer the application to your own account.

However, read the retainer and make sure you understand what you are doing and its consequences.
That's not good! I wish I could change the e-mail so that I check my inbox everyday instead of my lawyer replying to me once in a month.

klausmike

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Canada has insane amount of IT job openings right now! I get messages from recruiters all the time and my wife got a job in 10 days. If you are in IT field, it's not that hard. I am unaware of other sectors.
This is so true. I am also in IT and within the past month, i've got over 10 in-mail messages from recruiters. Fortunately or unfortunately, i am more than happy with my current employer.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I 100% agree with this, just go on LinkedIn and search for any IT jobs in Toronto, there are literally 100's of job openings. If you are skilled enough you can nail couple of jobs within a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub and Windsor37
D

Deleted member 1050918

I 100% agree with this, just go in LinkedIn and search any IT jobs in Toronto, there are literally 100's of job openings. If you are skilled enough you can nail couple of jobs within a month.
True. That's how pathetic Canada's job market is in STEM. Canada's STEM job market = IT/compsci jobs in Ontario. One particular profession in one particular province. BC has some IT/compsci jobs too. The rest of STEM (which would probably be about 95% if you deduce IT) will encounter what I mentioned; well except construction, mining, oil & gas, energy fellas.

Now I believe you peeps have enough brain cells to not go "oh I found a job in Canada so Canada has a great job market!".

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
True. That's how pathetic Canada's job market is in STEM. Canada's STEM job market = IT/compsci jobs in Ontario. One particular profession in one particular province. BC has some IT/compsci jobs too. The rest of STEM (which would probably be about 95% if you deduce IT) will encounter what I mentioned; well except construction, mining, oil & gas, energy fellas.
Agree. Ontario and B.C ideal for IT jobs. Alberta - IT jobs are in Oil & Gas or some consulting firm. Montreal is heating up right now, everyone is hiring there too.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Alberta - IT jobs are in Oil & Gas or some consulting firm. Montreal is heating up right now, everyone is hiring there too.
Quebec has the best technical jobs for non-compsci/IT/software people in STEM but would you live in Quebec? You can't pay me to live in Quebec I tell you. I know (immigrant) engineering managers in Quebec who have invested 20 years of their career into that place and now even they want out.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Quebec has the best technical jobs for non-compsci/IT/software people in STEM but would you live in Quebec? You can't pay me to live in Quebec I tell you. I know (immigrant) engineering managers in Quebec who have invested 20 years of their career into that place and now even they want out.
I know young people who are dying to move to Montreal. It has it's own charm and comes with a lot of downsides.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I know young people who are dying to move to Montreal. It has it's own charm and comes with a lot of downsides.
True. But the discussion was about Canadian job market; not what some 20 year old fresh uni grad wants. I know quite a few people with 5+ years experience in Quebec and they're all trying to leave.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Now I believe you peeps have enough brain cells to not go "oh I found a job in Canada so Canada has a great job market!".
Oh no, one cannot compare job market in US/EU with Canada. This is a known and proven fact. But it is also not impossible to find a job in Canada. It's all about tradeoffs.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Oh no, one cannot compare job market in US/EU with Canada. This is a known and proven fact. But it is also not impossible to find a job in Canada. It's all about tradeoffs.
Yeah Canada isn't in the same league as the US or Germany, had this discussion a few pages back. You compare Canada to Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland. Despite having 1/4th of Canada's population, those countries have far more (and far better) jobs (also with better pay). As I said, Canada only digs out natural resources and sells, nothing more.

Problem is growth and opportunities primarily driven by your ability to speak french + 1.
And xenophobia. The people I'm talking about speak French quite well; people of Quebec just don't want outlanders. Their primary reason for wanting to leave Quebec is all social, and that how they're treated by the common folk there. Mind you, these are all very skilled and highly educated (in Canada) people.

Long story short, if you're a citizen of a really really bad country, Canada is an upgrade. Anybody else should expect a good level of dissatisfaction.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Yeah Canada isn't in the same league as the US or Germany, had this discussion a few pages back. You compare Canada to Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland. Despite having 1/4th of Canada's population, those countries have far more (and far better) jobs (also with better pay). As I said, Canada only digs out natural resources and sells, nothing more.

And xenophobia. The people I'm talking about speak French quite well; people of Quebec just don't want outlanders. Their primary reason for wanting to leave Quebec is all social, and that how they're treated by the common folk there. Mind you, these are all very skilled and highly educated (in Canada) people.

Long story short, if you're a citizen of a really really bad country, Canada is an upgrade. Anybody else should expect a good level of dissatisfaction.
I have been to Quebec, I have only spent 3 days and I do not want to live there ever. I could sense some sort of anger/disgust in the eyes of local folks and none are remotely friendly. But it is a cool place to visit.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I have been to Quebec, I have only spent 3 days and I do not want to live there ever. I could sense some sort of anger/disgust in the eyes of local folks and none are remotely friendly. But it is a cool place to visit.
Disgust is an accurate description of it. Quebec doesn't wanna be a part of Canada after all https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Quebec_referendum

Repeat that referendum today and Yes would get at least 70% of the votes.

Anyway the point is, most STEM jobs are in Quebec (then Ontario) but Quebec isn't even Canada lol