+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Has anybody called IRCC recently? Are they accepting calls that are NOT about Afghanistan?
I tried few days ago. Normally I would follow the rules strictly, but I was so mad at IRCC that I waited for 35 minutes on hold, got through, and the agent told me that they cannot answer questions about our applications. So no, they do not accept calls that are not about Afghanistan.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
I tried few days ago. Normally I would follow the rules strictly, but I was so mad at IRCC that I waited for 35 minutes on hold, got through, and the agent told me that they cannot answer questions about our applications. So no, they do not accept calls that are not about Afghanistan.
Bollox. Thanks for your response

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Have a few years of experience in IT related fields (possibly some other non IT fields included in BCPNP) and apply on linkedin or via headhunting agencies. Not that hard if you're comp sci with 2-3 years of exp.
On a slight tangent, when do you think we can start applying to jobs in Canada?
I'm FSW-O, Jan 2021 AOR.
It would be nice to have an offer in hand before landing, if that's possible.

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
And if you are thinking about sending webforms for application enquiry this is what you will get

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-aor-join-here.700416/page-252#post-9763451
I think it varies with different office.
HK OFFICE reply like this:
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong.
Please be advised that your application is in queue for review. Our office will contact you with further instructions or a final decision once the Migration officer’s review is complete.
We hope that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
On a slight tangent, when do you think we can start applying to jobs in Canada?
I'm FSW-O, Jan 2021 AOR.
It would be nice to have an offer in hand before landing, if that's possible.
Who doesn't like to have an offer before landing in Canada? You can apply even now. But employers are staying away from considering profiles without a PR. Employers don't want to go thru the LMIA process due to uncertainty and processing times. Better have the PR approval and then apply for jobs. You stand a better chance of getting an offer with a PR.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Who doesn't like to have an offer before landing in Canada? You can apply even now. But employers are staying away from considering profiles without a PR. Employers don't want to go thru the LMIA process due to uncertainty and processing times. Better have the PR approval and then apply for jobs. You stand a better chance of getting an offer with a PR.
Also, your resume gets thrown right into the trash bin the moment the recruiter sees your foreign phone number. I'd argue very few foreign resumes make it past the header lol.

Reactions: RSub and wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1050918

resumes / cover letters gets priority if it is addressed "dear habibi"
Nah this isn't about afghans. Really, Canada's job market is hilarious. The country can't even produce or build anything significant and all the money comes just from digging out what's beneath the ground and selling it, yet they go "do you have canadian experience?". Bitch we produce actual technology where I'm from and you buy it so you're gonna learn from me not the other way around.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I've been applying for the past 6 months or so and I had very little luck. Got some interviews and they straight up told me to apply again to the next open positions once I have PR. Their problem is I can't control PR these delays and promise them a starting date that's suitable for them. They also don't want to deal with IRCC and get a work visa for anyone without PR since the kind of jobs I apply for need someone for the longer haul. Why would they need to take the effort anyway when there is a system that promises to get workers in permanently in "6 months".

These delays counter the very goal of bringing in workers who can quickly get to work and contribute to the economy. Now due to these delays, lesser people will enter canada with jobs and the job market will be super competitive once the outland floodgates finally open. I just hope I don't have to drive an uber or some shit like that for too long to make money once I land

D

Deleted member 1050918

These delays counter the very goal of bringing in workers who can quickly get to work and contribute to the economy.
Even with a PR you won't "quickly get to work" in Canada. Go look that up; it'll most likely take you 6-12 months AFTER PR to find a somewhat decent job. You know this is perhaps the biggest lie in the whole Canadian skilled immigration thing. Canada does NOT need skilled professionals (not as many as they accept), but makes it look like it to turn the wheels of its economy.

Reactions: Ar12345